It is not easy but possible to enter a university of your dream. Moreover, you can also get a scholarship to cover your educational fees. Many applicants believe that having excellent academic grades and records they can easily get to the top list of potential students who will receive a coveted place in the college.
But how many such brilliant students who want to get a scholarship? Incredibly many! Therefore, the selection is often based on an electoral college essay. In this situation, you need to try hard so that the admission committee chose you among the rest of excellent applicants.
The selection is very tough as often in addition to admission to the college a student gets a scholarship or grant to pay for the entire training or partial cover of educational expenses. Therefore, most colleges announce a competition that includes writing an essay. Here students have a lot of questions. How to write, what to write, etc. are the questions that bother every applicant as the successful admission directly depends on their essay. Our recommendations will help you find answers to these questions and prepare an essay in the best possible way.
Why electoral essay is important
An essay is the most memorable part of all the documents you submit for admission. Through an essay, the admission Committee can see what kind of person you are. Thousands of high school students have identical scores in the examination, but it is an essay that makes you stand out and reveal your identity. In addition, an essay shows how you are able to present yourself, analyze information, communicate with other people in writing. Admissions officers, when reading essays, not only learn about you and judge you by the grammatical structures and language units used in the essay but also pay attention to what you have said and what ideas you have presented.
Therefore, an essay is the way to tell about yourself as much as possible, to describe yourself as the best candidate for the college.
Recommendations from experienced admission officers
- First of all, you need to think about the main idea of your essay, or a global question it should answer. To understand this, you need to carefully study all the information on the provision of scholarships; perhaps, they have indicated what an essay should look like. In order to find out what topic to reveal, you can also contact directly the representatives of the university.
Then you can start collecting information for writing an essay. This information should include the main problems or complexities of the question that will be discussed in the essay, your personal experience and personal qualities which help you solve these problems and overcome difficulties.
- That is, you are to show your future contribution to the development of a particular area. A tip: write about it as specifically as possible, avoiding common phrases and loud statements.
To make your essay vivid and interesting, pay attention to competitive ideas. If you already have them – describe them, if not try hard and invent something that can make you different from the other applicants.
- Move from simple to complex, write down all the ideas that come to mind on paper and try not to miss anything. This method will help you collect the ideas you need. Pay attention to such eternal difficulties as professional features or cultural traditions, etc.
To write an impressive entrance paper you need to use a "Question and Answer" technique. Ask a question that will reveal the subject of the essay and with the help of your main idea (which you have found out before) answer it.
- Don't forget to describe the benefits of your idea, and its impact on the problem at its root. The question that you are going to answer will help to form a unified message of the essay.
Now you can start to write a draft. Define the structure of the essay, describe the problem, ask a question, submit an idea, and do not forget about your experience and personal qualities.
- In general, write from yourself and the way you feel, do not abuse clichés. Your essay will be read by a living person and he wants to see a living story. It is the reader – an admission officer - who decides whether to give you a college scholarship or not.
- The final stage of writing an essay is a mandatory time-out. Leave your creation aside; take a break - walk, work, read a book. After some time, read the essay, select those moments that you do not like, and redo them.
Make sure to correct the errors. Proofread several times and even better – ask friends or teachers to check. If you write an essay in a foreign language, give it to a person who knows the language at a professional level.
And most importantly – send your application, essay and all the necessary documents as soon as possible, but not later than the day before the end of the application deadline. It often happens that the preparation and collection of documents, and writing the essay take a lot of time and effort and a person is simply lost in time. Make sure that all the work done is not in vain.
Topics for entrance essays
- Tell us about your most important achievement
- How do you spend your after-school time? Describe the two activities and their importance.
- Describe the people who contributed to your development you and how.
- If you could improve one skill or talent, what would it be and why?
- Which subject, activity or book has changed your attitude to life? How?
- Describe what you plan to do in the near future
- What course you would like to take and how it would help you in the future
- Based on your life experience and that of your family, what would you like to tell us about yourself?
- Describe the difficult situation you have been through
- Where and how did you develop your leadership skills?
- What additional information would you like to provide?
If you apply to ten universities, it doesn't mean you have to write ten different essays. There is a technique called recycling. It is that you simply change parts of your essay depending on the question and a particular university you are applying for. Given the example, one university asks you to write an essay "Tell us about the experiences that have had a significant impact on you”, the other university has set the following task "Tell us about the conversation that has changed your outlook on life."
At first glance, the topics are different, but it is not so. You can write about how your father's cooking of breakfast shaped your outlook on life. This essay will answer the first question. If you start the essay with the phrase "Despite the fact that I have had countless conversations with my father, the most important conversation did not take place...", then you will answer the second question. This beginning is suitable for the theme "Tell us about the saddest moment." When writing an essay, don't lean on one topic, write so that you can change a couple of details and write an essay for another university.
Topics for a successful college essay
- What do you like doing most? What are your hobbies?
- What are your skills or talents?
- Who has influenced your life the most? What event was the most memorable?
- What did you do last holiday?
- What is your best day? Describe it.
- What has changed in your life in the last five years?
- Recall the most memorable moment with your family/friends/teachers.
- What achievements are you proud of?
- What makes you unique?
- What is your most important quality?
- Whose philosophy of life do you follow?
- Tell about the most difficult task that you had to perform.
Write whatever comes to your mind. A good idea is to ask your parents or teachers to answer these questions too because you might have forgotten something they remember.
Your job is to stand out. Your essay must be unique. Make sure to choose an original topic. You need to demonstrate a unique approach to the topic. Your idea should be supported by good examples or stories.
Why trust your college application to our writers
Our paper writing company has been working in the market of educational services for more than 10 years. During this considerable period we have helped a lot of students: wrote countless college papers, scientific reports, dissertations, term papers, abstracts, admission essays and other works. We are ready to take up business even in the most difficult cases, for example, when the work must be done in an extremely short time. The result always meets the expectations of our customers, and we are proud of it!
Our employees are mostly teachers of leading universities, former admission officers, and other experts. And who can write a paper better than a professional who understands perfectly well the criteria and standards used for the evaluation of a student? That's it! Nobody except them. All our specialists have Master and doctoral degrees.
- We work without prepayment
- We provide full support of the thesis up to the defense
- We are easily accessible working 24/7 for global clients
- Our performers are highly qualified
- On our website you can order various writing services like preparing a new paper or writing a part of it, editing and proofreading, making a reference list, etc.
- We are ready to take urgent orders which you should prepay
Many students have already experienced the high quality of our work! Join us!
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay