Large commercial banks of small countries in Europe
Banks of Austria
1. Bankhaus Spaenqler is Austria's oldest private bank, founded in 1828. The headquarters is located in Salzburg; controls assets of about 180 billion euros; has branches and subsidiary banks in more than 30 European countries.
2. Erste Group is one of Austria's leading banking groups with aggregate assets of over 200 billion euros. The company has more than 3,000 branches, subsidiaries and representative offices; serves more than 17.5 million customers in eight European countries: Austria, Croatia Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine. The headquarters is located in Vienna.
3. Hypo Group Alpe Adria (HGAA) - a banking group (assets - 180 billion euros); has numerous foreign branches (more than 20 countries), which operate mainly in the countries of the Alpine-Adriatic region - Italy, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, as well as in Germany and Belgium.
4. Hypo Tirol Bank AG - was founded in 1898 and is located in Innsbruck (assets of 100 billion euros); It operates in 15 European countries. The Bank offers private capital management, brokerage services in the insurance market, as well as leasing services.
5. Hypo Landesbank Vorarlberg is one of the largest banks in Western Austria, with assets of 110 billion euros. Located in Bregenz, the ancient Austrian city of the federal state Vorarlberg (Vorarlberg); has different forms of representation in eight European countries.
Banks of the Netherlands
1. INC The Group is the largest financial group in the Netherlands and one of the main financial groups in Europe. LNG is the world's largest banking/insurance conglomerate in terms of revenue with gross income exceeding 80 billion euros (2010). Has branches in more than 40 countries.
2. Bank NedeHands Gcmeenteti (BNG) is one of the country's five largest banks with assets of more than 100 billion euros. The Bank specializes in providing financial services to state structures, such as municipalities, utilities and public housing funds, but does not serve private clients. In 2010, he took the third place in the rating of the most reliable banks in the world (according to the magazine Global Finance). Has branches in more than 40 countries.
3. Nederlandse Waterschapshank (NWB) is a state-owned bank founded in 1954; assets of more than 100 billion euros. NWB provides short-term and long-term loans for municipal authorities, provinces, housing, health, education. According to Global Finance magazine, the bank is among the ten most reliable banks in the world.
4. NIBC Bank N . V. - the largest bank in the country with assets of more than 100 billion euros; specializes in long-term financial transactions around the world, with a focus on the Benelux countries and Germany. The bank has offices in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Singapore, the USA (in New York) and other countries (60 countries).
Banks of Switzerland
1. Clariden Leu is one of the largest private banks in Switzerland. Has many branches in European countries; assets of more than $ 80 billion
2. Credit Suisse is one of the largest banks in the world in the field of investment services, private capital management and asset management. The size of assets is more than $ 1 trillion (2011).
3. Hottinger and Cie is a private bank founded in 1786 by Hans Hottinger. He specializes in the management of private capital, securities transactions, financial engineering, legal, tax and investment advice, margin loans, foreign exchange trading. The headquarters is in Zurich. Assets - over 40 billion euros.
4. Julius Baer Group is one of the leading Swiss banking groups in the field of private banking, specializing in servicing and advising rich private clients. Total assets of customers as of June 30, 2010 were 255 billion Swiss francs. Has branches in different countries of the world.
5. Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch is one of the oldest private banks, which dates back to 1796; assets - over 150 billion Swiss francs. It has branches in almost all European countries, as well as in a number of countries in the Middle East.
6. Pictet and Cie - was founded in Geneva in 1805 and today is one of the largest private banks in Switzerland; assets under management - over 370 billion dollars.
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)