EVALUATION OF EFFICIENCY OF INTERNET MARKETING ACTIVITIES
After studying this chapter, the student must:
• the content of communication and economic efficiency of Internet marketing;
• principles and structure of the preparation of the analytical report of the evaluation of the advertising campaign and its summaries;
• purpose, working principle and structure of placement of contextual advertising;
• who is the provider of contextual advertising, on which the cost of its placement depends;
• evaluation of the effectiveness of search engine promotion of the site;
be able to
• Analyze media planning indicators for a consumer audience on the Internet;
• use approaches that provide more clicks of contextual advertising with the available advertising budget, use Metrica reports;
• Develop the stages of post-click analysis;
• Practical skills in using the coefficients of calculating the effectiveness of Internet marketing activities;
• the methodology for compiling a consolidated report on the advertising campaign and the report on the sites from which the referrals to the advertiser's site occurred;
• The technology of search engine optimization of sites.
The concept of the effectiveness of Internet marketing activities
By efficiency in marketing literature is understood: the effectiveness, the intensity of the functioning of the system under study, the degree of achievement of the goal, the level of effectiveness in comparison with costs, etc. This indicates the versatility of the efficiency category on the one hand, and on the other, on the complexity of its presentation in indicators and meters.
In evaluating the effectiveness of advertising activities, two important concepts must be distinguished: & quot; effect & quot; & quot; Efficiency & quot;.
The effect is a reflection of the result of the activity, that is, the state to which the economic object seeks. Concepts & quot; effect & quot; and & quot; result & quot; can be perceived as identical and to orient them to the construction of a specific administrative system. Such a management, which in international practice received the name "management by results", is aimed at a quantitative increase in the resultant indicators, although it implies a certain degree of change in the quality characteristics.
Efficiency , in contrast to the effect, takes into account not only the result of the activity (projected, planned, achieved, desired), but also the conditions under which it is achieved. Efficiency is a comparative assessment of the result of an activity, reflecting only the opportunity to ensure economic growth, but also the ability to stimulate progressive structural and qualitative changes.
Evaluating the effectiveness of online advertising has always seemed a problem because of the many views on this concept. Efficiency is calculated as the degree of achievement of the marketing goals set by the means of the advertising campaign with the allocated level of the advertising budget:
It should be noted that the ability to measure the effectiveness of advertising does not mean the possibility of forming an ideally effective advertising. The achievement of the ideal R e → max is determined from the property of an algebraic fraction: Ir → min; P r → max. This approach allows the subjects of the advertising process to proceed to the search for effective methods of changes in the management of advertising activities.
The effectiveness of online advertising can be assessed from the point of view of the consumer, the advertiser, the subjects of the advertising market or the whole society. The most correct one can be considered a comprehensive evaluation of the effectiveness of advertising, taking into account the interests of all who are associated with it. The generally accepted notion of advertising effectiveness includes at the same time the following criteria that are heterogeneous in taxonomies: [Marketing, online, study, students, research] content:
1) the economic effect, consisting in the desired development of consumer demand;
2) the communicative effect, which allows to determine how constructively the advertisement circulates the necessary information to the target audience or forms the desired point of view for the advertiser;
3) the social effect, expressed in a certain impact of advertising on the society covered.
Sometimes advertising activity does not bring results, it gives an unexpected effect, it happens that the effect of advertising partially manifests itself not in the sphere where it was planned. The undesirable effect is due to the fact that advertising is a risk component of the business. The risk shows that the advertising budget may not pay off, the sales volume will decrease, the brand memorability will deteriorate, etc.
The success or failure of an advertising campaign is determined by the extent to which it helped in the promotion of goods. There are two estimates: one based on the formation of the idea of the product from the consumer, the other - to increase sales.
All methods of determining the effectiveness of advertising are divided into estimated and Analytical. Estimates are based on expert opinions, calculated based on on statistical, logical and other methods of analysis.
training studies. This is a method of obtaining data on the features of the flow of advertising campaign in time, the correlation of the brand's advertising campaign with the campaigns of brand- competitors. In the course of tracking researches a number of indicators are used, allowing to trace the connection between advertising activity and position of a mark in the market. Among them: awareness of advertising, attitude to advertising, awareness of the brand, attitude towards the brand, use of the brand. Tracking (& quot; tracking & quot;) controls media performance, i.e. comparison of planned and achieved indicators in terms of reach of the target audience, frequency of contacts with advertising, the typed media weight. In the course of tracking research, two types of data are linked: how the representatives of the target audience watched the advertisement (media indicators); how this advertising was reflected in their consciousness and behavior (indicators of consumer behavior).
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)