As a result of studying this chapter, students should:
• features and possibilities of a telephone conversation in business communication;
• the basic rules of telephone courtesy;
• rules for the use of an answering machine and a mobile phone in business communications;
be able to
• correctly prepare for a business conversation by phone;
• competently speak on the phone;
• knowledge of the basic rules of business conversation over the phone.
Phone - the old invention of the last century, but you can safely say that it has special capabilities and with its help, about 70% of business communications are carried out, many situations are solved, strong ties of business people are established. The phone can be a friend and an enemy at the same time - it all depends on the ability of the leader and his subordinates to use the phone effectively and efficiently in communicative interaction, to present their company, firm, organization. The importance of the phone for business can not be overestimated, a more simple means for communicating people far from each other has not been invented yet, and telexes, faxes and even mobile phones serve only as a supplement. The main thing is that the phone saves time, it is everywhere and you can talk to the whole world. With proper use, the phone becomes an important component of the company's image, and the ability of the company's employees to conduct telephone conversations determines its reputation and the scope of its business operations.
Specificity of telephone communication and preparation for telephone conversations
Specificity of telephone communication is determined primarily by the factor of communicative distance. The interlocutors see each other, therefore from all paralinguistic factors in the telephone communication there is only intonation, which is no less significant than the content of speech. Especially important intonation pattern of the beginning and end of communication, which fixes optimism, goodwill and respect for the interlocutor. Psychologists say that if there are discrepancies between the content of speech and the tone of the message, then people trust tone more than a meaningful statement.
The main requirements of a culture of communication on the phone are: brevity, clarity and clarity, not only in thoughts, but in their presentation. The conversation should be conducted without major pauses, unnecessary words, turns and emotions. Professionalism of business communication on the phone is the ability to please with the first word, with the first sound, it is primarily confidence in the voice and positive intonation. Cheerfulness, enthusiasm, reactivity of replicas create a favorable background of telephone communication and contribute to more successful conduct of business.
Remember that before you call, answer yourself to three questions: is there an urgent need for a conversation, is it necessary to know the partner's answer and whether it is impossible to meet with a partner in person? At the same time, it is best to solve the following questions by phone:
• want to quickly report or receive specific information;
• It is necessary to find out the opinion of an official and the question that interests you;
• it is necessary to clarify whether the previous agreement on a meeting with someone remains in force;
• it is necessary to inform the business partner about the situation change;
• agreed with someone about a phone call.
Preparing for telephone conversations necessarily involves thinking about the purpose and anticipating the possible results of negotiations. It is the preparation that makes up 80% of the success of any business event. It includes:
• planning of telephone conversations;
• preparation of information materials to expand the opportunities for a brief telephone presentation or negotiations;
• Preparation of technical means, which must be in good order and up-to-date;
• creating favorable conditions for a telephone conversation;
• setting the voice of the receiver and the initiator of the call.
In addition, the algorithm for conducting telephone conversations includes the following main stages :
1) presentation and refinement of call time convenience (who to call and how should I introduce myself?);
2) getting information, namely: the purpose of the call, the key phrase, control of the telephone conversation, using open questions, obstacles that may arise during a conversation;
3) mandatory records in the process of telephone communication;
4) the offer of assistance, which speaks about the need to provide communicators with proactively useful information about what is planned to be undertaken on certain issues, purchases, services, etc.
5) resource state, i.e. attitude to the upcoming call plus an emotional attitude, which should be confident and positive (otherwise we should take the receiver).
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay