Presentation college in South Dakota is the Catholic privatecollege founded in 1951. The college is a member of both theNorth Star Athletic Association (NSAA) and the NationalAssociation of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The departmentof athletics at college offers 10 kinds of sports including thefollowing:
- Basketball for both men and women
- Soccer for both men and women
- Women’s volleyball
- Women’s and men’s golf
- Women’s Fast-Pitch softball
- Men’s baseball
Students can get athletic scholarships.
Presentation college athletic program
The mission of the college is to offer students diverseopportunities to take part in athletic programs while pursuingtheir education. Athletic programs promote the main values of thecollege and back up Christian values while offering a lifelearning experience that will promote the well-being ofstudent-athletes.
Students can be awarded student athletic scholarships by thecoaches of the college according to their policies and proceduresof the educational institution, NAIA, and the NSAA. The numberand amounts of awards may vary.
For young athletes, to enroll in one of the American universitiesis a great opportunity to arrange your life. The main advantageof education is the opportunity to obtain an excellent academiceducation and at the same time continue to achieve success in thechosen sport. In American universities, there is no need to makea choice between studying and sports career. Here, these aspectsare harmoniously united and called “a double career” that gives agreat advantage in the future as the graduate can continue hissports career and, if desired, subsequently start working on theacquired specialty at the university.
What is a sports scholarship?
When enrolling in Presentation college athletics, students aregiven a wonderful opportunity to receive a scholarship or inother words a grant that is a certain amount of money to pay forstudies, accommodation, and meals. However, it is worthwhile tounderstand that the grant is not given out so freely to thestudent but makes it possible not to worry about these importantaspects while studying sports in college.
A sports scholarship is awarded to a student for a period of 10semesters. The bachelor's degree is four years of study or 7–8semesters.
How to get a sports scholarship
The main feature of getting a scholarship is to have enoughmotivation. American universities give the right to receive ascholarship not just to champions. Studies and sports in theUnited States are possible for almost any athlete who has thetitle of master, and in some sports, it is enough to have a titleof a candidate for sports. To prove that you have a title orexperience you need to do the following:
- You need to provide confirmation of the achievements in thesport
- You need to show the recommendations of the leading coachesand athletes
- You need to submit video recordings and other media materials
Although requirements for each sport can vary.
If you think that you have not enough strong sports results,then, at least, there is an opportunity to receive a partialsports scholarship. The main rule of American universities isthat the best coaches will not know about you until you announceyourself. Girls and boys have the same chances to get ascholarship in Presentation college athletics.
Kinds of sports
Today, universities provide more than forty training programs onwhich you can get a sports scholarship.
Sports scholarships can be of two kinds:
- For men
- For women
For example, girls can get a scholarship in the direction ofbeach basketball, while the boys do not have such a possibility.The same goes, for example, for free wrestling. Guys can count ona scholarship in this kind of sport, but the girls will notreceive scholarships for this sport.
Whether you get a sports scholarship or not, it will be full orpartial, depends not only on your skills, but also on thefollowing:
- The correctness of submitting documents
- Negotiating with trainers
- Choosing the right college
Even if you are an excellent athlete, you should take intoaccount that admission to universities is a matter that requirestime and diligence, and it is necessary to begin to engage in itone or two years before the admission.
Advantages of studying at Presentation college
Studying at Presentation college offers the following benefits:
- Free education for any specialty – the scholarship coversexpenses related to education, accommodation, meals, medicalinsurance, as well as purchase of all necessary teachingmaterials and even sports uniforms.
- Work in a professional and well-funded team – high athleticperformance and championship in the competitions of the countrytestifies to the high level of prestige of the educationalinstitution. That is why each university invests heavily in thedevelopment of its teams and the support of athletes.
- A high level of sports training – a team of personal trainerswill do everything possible to develop the potential of eachathlete. The system of training, correct and adequate nutrition,services of professional masseurs, nutritionists, and otherspecialists will allow you to improve your sports skills andperhaps even get a profitable invitation from leading sportsteams after completing the training.
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)