Modern students need to complete assignments of different types, including essays and reports. Everything depends on the purposes stated in prompts, and the first thing that you should do is to understand the main task that must be completed. If you write in the rain paper assignment, check the requirements and expectations of your instructor. Be equipped with the right knowledge of:
- Spell checking;
- Concept structuring;
- Formatting and others.
The above-mentioned skills can make your essay writing easier and more successful. When completing this assignment, the following steps are quite useful. However, you should evaluate and monitor all writing approaches and strategies to choose the best ones.
The importance of scheduling
First, determine a particular date of submission and keep in mind that essay writing usually takes longer than expected. Create a brief list of different writing tasks involved, such as:
- Making a thesis statement;
- Choosing a suitable topic;
- Researching a given question;
- Revising and proofreading;
- Writing a few drafts.
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
Estimate how much time every task on this list will take and assign specific deadlines. Sometimes, you may need to revise this schedule once your essay topic is clarified.
Understanding a given question
If teachers assign a specific topic, you should gather as many details as you can, including:
- What is the main purpose of your paper?
- Who will read it?
- How long should your essay be?
- What kind of content is expected?
If you’re free to choose any suitable topic, generate interesting ideas. Make sure that your topic is appropriate, feasible, and interests you. Keep all matching ideas for their future references and use other techniques, such as brainstorming and free writing. Next, you should create a special question or a thesis statement to describe an action or make an assertion while being quite specific.
Doing your initial research
Get an overview of the chosen subject because it can help you define the right structure when you write in the rain paper assignment. Read relevant sources to get a better idea of available materials. Take into account your research question or thesis statement to avoid getting sidetracked.
Creating an outline
Use keywords from a thesis to create a helpful mind map or a skeletal outline. Once you gather more information and facts, it will become more detailed. Consider the structure and content of your future essay when taking this step and take into account its required length. Write a brief phrase for each paragraph and save some space for extra ideas. Academic papers usually have such basic sections as:
- A introductory paragraph;
- A few body paragraphs;
- A conclusion.
When you start writing, this outline will always keep you on track.
Conducting the main research
When searching for useful information to answer assignment questions or the evidence necessary to back up the main argument, feel free to use index cards. Read the information you gather critically and evaluate its validity and relevance while taking summary notes. There are many helpful sources, including articles, books, websites, etc. Copy all interesting facts carefully and note any idea of other people, especially quotes. You should be selective because many students make a mistake by going overboard on researching. Determine the most relevant facts and use special cards to record relevant details, including publication data. In most cases, it’s difficult to backtrack them later, especially when you’re faced with urgent deadlines. Check the type of referencing required by your teachers.
Basic characteristics of a good essay structure
There are certain characteristics that can easily help you differentiate a good essay structure from the bad one. The right structure:
- Is made simpler by prior planning;
- Sets out all major ideas clearly;
- Makes it obvious how you will address a key question, where you’re going, and why;
- Determines how all ideas are related to each other;
- Helps the audience remember everything said in other sections;
- Takes readers through your answer in a progressive and logical manner;
- Using connecting phrases and words to relate earlier ideas with later points;
- Organizing different groups of relevant information in paragraphs.
Basic introduction functions
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
The introductory paragraph of your essay should do the following:
- Set a scene;
- Arouse the interest of your readers;
- Explain to them how you want to interpret a given question;
- Gives a short outline of the main issues that will be explored in other sections;
- Defines key terms when needed.
How the main body is structured
The main body of your essay should contain all the ideas and points outlines in the introduction and discuss them in a few paragraphs. The first one covers the main thing that you want to address, and its topic sentence should introduce a major idea. Other sentences are written to develop and prove it with relevant details, examples, references, and quotes. Other paragraphs in the main body have the same structure.
Important conclusion tasks
The concluding paragraph of your essay serves the following purposes:
- Summing up major themes;
- Drawing everything together;
- Stating general conclusions;
- Making it obvious why they are important;
- Setting issues in a wider context or a broader perspective;
- Avoiding to introduce new materials;
- Suggesting further questions;
- Discussing anything that you failed to do;
- Summarizing the main argument in short.
Basic essay writing stages
- Analyzing a given question;
- Creating a rough plan;
- Using it to direct your research;
- Refining this plan;
- Writing the first draft;
- Editing its content, style, and structure;
- Checking references;
- Proofreading for punctuation and spelling;
- Writing a final copy.
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
- 1 – page abstract
- VIP Support
- Expedited delivery
- Essay outline
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)