Essays are important assignments in academics. Students getwriting tasks throughout the entire period of their studies -small compositions at primary schools, loads of essays insecondary classes, high school paper and finally a variety ofwriting tasks in higher educational institutions. Add to themcareer-oriented papers as college admission essays, resumes, CVs,and qualification writing works.
The number and variety of writing assignments that students faceevery day are incredible. All that requires titanic efforts andlots of skills without mentioning time and nerves spent onwriting. Therefore, students should master the writing art withall related peculiarities.
The two main things to know about the essays are structure andcontent. Both parts are equally important, however, every essaystarts with the format which determines the further writingprocedure.
We have prepared this guideline for those who want their essaysto look impeccable. Professors consider the format of essaysfirst before moving to the content. By doing so, they easilycheck whether a student is able to follow the instructions andformat the paper properly.
The format matters much because whatever you will write in theessay has to be framed and shaped accordingly. You should knowthat a certain design will be excellent for one paper butabsolutely improper for another.
Even if you request a paper from professional writers, you shouldspecify the format details in the order form. To learn how toproduce a perfectly constructed essay, you should first getfamiliar with the key format elements and then with essentialdesigning strategies.
All existing formats have common requirements as to:
- Font and its size
- Number of pages
- Title page
Basic formatting tips
A widespread format for college essays is MLA, abbreviated fromthe Modern Language Association which has suggested a unifiedversion of many academic writing requirements.
An essay written in the MLA is done in MS Word and follows theseoptions:
- You should type your name, the professor’s name and title,discipline and class, and the date in the upper left corner ofthe page.
- 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Double spacing. The entire paper from the title to thereferences should be double-spaced with no extra spaces betweenparagraphs and other parts.
- One-inch margins (the parameters are the same for the top,bottom, left and right sides of a page).
- Page number. The MLA uses your name plus a page number oneach page. This “header” looks like this: Atkinson 3 and is typedin the upper right corner. The first page also has this header -Atkinson 1. Make sure that you start writing from a new line,below the header.
- Every essay should have a title. It goes below the header anda line above your essay text. Type it in the same fonts as thewhole essay. Do not underline it, make it bold or italicized.Titles for academic essays have no quotation marks.
- 1/2 inch indent. Write each paragraph with a five spaceindent. Not to fail the indent just press the TAB button once andyour first line will be indented automatically.
- Left-aligned content. To line up the text, use a left-alignicon in the word processor.
Of course, there are other formats acceptable for scholarlywriting. For more related articles and best examples of collegepapers, we welcome you to our website. You will discover lots ofuseful and essential things about academic papers with us!
The necessaries of title formatting
These simple formatting tips and MS word processor enable you tomake your essay look as accurate as it should be. A properlyformatted paper is a paper that is easy to comprehend. It ispleasant to focus on the content if nothing else disturbs youreye.
However, there are other writing nuances that make your papersuccessful. It is like neat and decent clothes which will hardlyimpress the others unless you add some stylish highly unusualdetails to the outfit. This is something that draws the eye andprovokes the interest. Once you have created your style andlearned the secrets of fascination, you will always stand out.Same deal is with your essay. It is time to learn how to heightenthe reader’s interest in your writing piece.
Your professor is holding a good-looking essay. What does he orshe expect to read? Will your research, story or analysis beinteresting? Before everything else, it depends on how compellingyour title and college essay heading is.
You will need to split your writing into several parts –paragraphs – according to the type of your essay. Remember thatintroduction and conclusion are indispensable parts of an essay.It is quite easy to decide on the structure while finding a goodtitle and headings for your essay can sometimes be troublesome.
These tips will save the situation:
- A good title has less than ten words.
- The title should match the essay content and be powerful,clear and trending. A title that works is the one where you stateyour topic and present your opinion.
- Headings will be useful if your essay is long.
- A heading should be composed of two –six words.
- Do not type the title in bold, colour or italics.
- Do not leave extra space above and below the title.
Why are headings important? First, they make the text morereadable. Second, they serve to clarity. If your essay is morethan five pages long, headings are necessary because they helpthe readers better follow your ideas and not to get bored with along one-piece paper.
The style of a heading – caps, lower case, centred, etc. – allowsthe reader understand whether you are talking about the centralpoint or referring to some secondary, less important issues.
Write the headings according to the format specifications. Forexample, the APA format has five levels of headings. APA headingsare performed in bold case, uppercase or lowercase, italicized,capitalized or non-capitalized form depending on the level. So awriter should be very careful with these strict rules.
Essay headings in the MLA format are numbered with the Arabicnumbers and a period. You also may use a level system where eachheading is designed according to the order of importance.Prominent headings have a larger font and boldface whilesubordinate headings are lowercased and italicized.
It is up to you how to present the headings in the essay; the keyidea is to be consistent. If your first heading is short, makethe rest headings look the same.
What are the next steps?
Capability to write the paper according to a proposed format andother instructions is highly essential for every college student.It is a bad idea to skip the formatting stage thinking that thecontent of your paper matters more.
Senior students will confirm that your paper will get a low scoreif you have ignored the suggested format. However, there is arisk to fail the entire course and repeat it next year.
Those students who are not sure of their writing talent or havesome doubts about their paper format will find overall support atthis writing essay service. We accept all requests from all partsof the world. We write quality papers at reasonable prices andprovide other consultancies on academic writing. If you areinterested in this article or have some questions, please leave acomment below. The competent writer will give a professionalfeedback.
To learn us better, please read the testimonial section withthousands of thankful words to our writers. You will see that weare not a fake essay provider that will disappear as soon as youpay for the paper. Our mission is to deliver in-time, top-notchand unique papers in a confidential manner. Save you collegescores with us!
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)