More than 60% of people occupying prestigious positions (according to job search portals) are those who studied abroad or have an MBA degree. It is believed that they have more knowledge (practice on modern equipment, etc.) than those who are excellent students who studied at home. But many believe that mentioning the fact that you have studied abroad is not a cheap pleasure. This is not entirely true because you can go to study abroad on a scholarship or getting one of the creative writing grants if you want to be a writer. It is not easy to do this. But it cannot be called an unrealizable dream either.
Every year, hundreds of countries give a chance to students to study abroad, there are many exchange programs, a double diploma in universities, a program for academic mobility, and there is also an opportunity to receive money for study from the embassy.
Who can apply for grant or scholarship?
- Talented students of universities and pupils of schools with good progress
- Applicants with a high level of knowledge of the foreign language at which the training will take place
- Students and graduate students, writing a thesis on an actual scientific topic
- Students who conduct research in the direction chosen for the grant or scholarship, as well as those who can convince the jury or commission in the benefit of the studies that they plan to conduct
- Job seekers with education and work experience close to the topic of the grant in question.
How to get a grant/scholarship for studies
- Select the program. Information about grants for students is often posted on the websites of universities, departments for work with foreign students, as well as on the government websites of the country where you intend to study. You can also contact special agencies that will compile for you a list of the world’s most popular grants and scholarships for the selection criteria you specify. In this case, you will need to only provide information about the chosen direction, language, terms and desired learning conditions.
- Collect documents. A detailed list is provided by universities or organizations that can provide you with a grant for study. Documents are recommended to be submitted 4–6 months before the start of training. Note that 70% of the success in this case depends on the correct and detailed filling of documents. And only 30% – the talents of the future grant holder or scholarship holder.
- Interview with the jury. Grants for study are issued usually after the competition, one of the stages of which is a personal or online interview with the members of the selection committee. You can hire a special assistant who will advise you and prepare you for the interview so that you can stand out positively among other applicants.
- Wait for the decision on grant or scholarship.
Necessary documents for getting a grant
- A correctly completed application. Pay attention to the deadlines for submitting applications, they are indicated in the information on the receipt of the grant or scholarship.
- A copy of the passport.
- A copy of the diploma with an insert from the university, or an academic certificate, which will indicate the list of passed courses and exam marks for them. You will also need a university or notarial translation of the diploma. If the requirements indicate – you need to put an apostille for translation.
- Academic resume (CV) with a list of duties at work or in the laboratory, a list of past internships, a list of professional achievements, awards, prizes, and scholarships received. Be sure to refer to scientific publications, if any. You can indicate the experience of volunteer work. The resume should be made without errors.
- A composition (essay) or a 500-word motivation letter. In it you need to write why you want to study at the chosen university, why you want to study the chosen specialty, for which you must give a scholarship or a grant, and how you can recoup investments in you in the future. Also, in the motivation letter, you need to describe your project, on which you will work after receiving a grant or scholarship. Scholarships and grants for study on a master’s program abroad, as well as at a bachelor’s degree, are issued mainly on the basis of this document. Take it seriously, allocate at least a month for its preparation. If you need help writing an essay, you can always find the company that will be able to help you.
- The results of international language examinations (IELTS, TOEFL, TCF/DELF/DALF, etc.). If you did not take courses on studying a foreign language – it’s time to sign up for one of them.
- Letters of recommendation in a foreign language from the head from work, from teachers (at least two letters). The contacts of the guarantors should be indicated in them.
- Any important documents confirming your victories in contests, participation in internships, etc.
In all documents, the name and surname are written in the same way as in your passport. There are many more nuances of filling and compiling such papers. If you do not want to understand this or are not sure that you will do everything right, entrust this work to professionals. They will correctly fill out all the necessary documents so that you can receive scholarships or grants for studying.
An example of a creative writing grant
The C. V. Starr Center for the Study of the American Experience accepts applications for full creative writing grants from writers and scholars working on a book on American culture or history for work in the United States for nine months.
- A one-time payment of $45,000
- Medical insurance and sickness benefits
- Office in the Starr Center
- Funds for the purchase of literature
- A nine-month stay in a building built in 1735 in the historic city of Chestertown, Maryland
Candidates must work on a major writing project. The book should be devoted to the history and legacy of the American revolution and the ideas that shape the nation. The project can be devoted either to the era of the creation of the state, or to the multitude of ideas that were embodied by American figures and formed the future history of the United States.
The advantage will be given to the works, which present reflections on the past and present of the United States, intended for a wide audience. Please note that the Center is not politically biased, so a broad interpretation of the founders and foundational ideas is welcomed.
Applicants for a grant for writers should already have published books. Theses will not be accepted for consideration. Manuscripts of the first books will be considered if the author already has substantial publications. The authors who are in the final stage of research on the subject are welcome and start writing the book.
Grant recipients will live in Chestertown during the award period, however short-term trips to the USA for research purposes are allowed. Chestertown is located on the east coast of Maryland, about 90 minutes drive from Philadelphia and Washington, and three hours from New York.
The grant recipients will also hold seminars for undergraduate students at Washington College in the spring semester, and will also give at least one open lecture on his work.
In addition to living in a house that will accommodate a large family, the grant recipient will be given an office in one of the historic buildings of the 18th century owned by the Center.
Scholarships and grants from the embassy
Monitoring announcements for scholarships and grants for study on the website of the Ministry of Science and Education can be done all year round. According to such programs, 1–3 thousand students leave for study every year. Here you can find offers from universities/governments of Korea, Jordan, Britain, Hungary, the UAE, Estonia, Greece, Slovakia, etc. At the same time, there may be announcements from specific universities that are ready to receive students with the assistance of the government and from the governments of the country.
- The proposed specialties for which the student can leave
- The number of places
- The time of study
- The language of instruction
- The required documents
- The deadline for submission, etc.
In higher education establishments, it is recommended to carefully read the terms of the scholarship.
Many people get inspired and start designing, planning the future in their minds for years to come, and later realize that they did not pay attention to the language of instruction or the deadlines for filing documents. There are also those who send their documents without checking when the deadline is. Such a step is inconclusive – there are no cases when a student is considered after missing the deadline for sending the documents.
Business administration for benefits
The desire to obtain an MBA from a prestigious business school is often undermined not by a low test result or by a lack of leadership/experience, but by the lack of the right amount (from several thousand dollars) to pay for studies. Obtaining a scholarship, although difficult, is possible: it can be partial, and full payment for studies. The scholarships are offered by business schools themselves, which you can find out on their website.
The selection criteria can be different: from outstanding academic results and leadership achievements (for example, Wharton Business School) to the financial needs of applicants (Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth). They can also be allocated for any particular trait (sexual, national, etc.). Thus, scholarships as a gender equalization (for women) are given by London Business School, INSEAD, Chicago Booth, etc. and some separate funds (The Forte Foundation, Herman Family Fellowship, etc.). And as support for individual nationalities, for example in IMD, there is support for the Jim Ellert MBA Scholarships – for residents of Africa, South Asia, Central and Eastern Europe.
The exchange of students and the double diploma program are good options for students, giving the opportunity to include foreign education in their resume. All the nuances on these issues are resolved in the department of international cooperation or academic mobility of the university. The chances for such studies are quite high (at the university level). The peculiarities of these programs are that studies are often not tied to the course (even a sophomore with the knowledge of the necessary language can leave), it lasts 1 semester for exchange (free education, although there are exceptions) and more (if the academy is mobile, then in this case the host party even pays a scholarship). Upon return, the student passes the disciplines that he had missed, and the courses passed abroad will be displayed in the diploma as an extract about academic assignments.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay