High school period is a springboard for students to switch overto a new life. It is worth noting that a successful transitiondirectly depends on how they have prepared themselves for thisjourney. Whether they continue education or take on a job theyneed to be emotionally, physically and physiologically ready fornew challenges. At a high school, they are on the stage ofrealizing who they are and what they want to be. An effectivetool that may help students to sort themselves out is a collegeessay.
Actually, in this case, a high school essay is not simply theresearch on a particular subject but is a chance ofself-discovery and reflection of their experiences.
So what is the purpose of a high school paper? A high schoolessay serves several purposes:
- Shows the readers who a writer is – his or her skills,achievements, experiences and aspirations being a high schoolstudent
- Develops student’s creative writing through a variety ofgoals, styles and language techniques
- Acts as a miscellany of student’s events, studies and trialsof life that can be used to track how the life goes on andchanges with the time
This type of essay is perhaps the most favoured by students as itdeals much with their personal feelings and viewpoints. What canbe more exciting than sharing your own impressions and fillingthe readers in on what has happened in your life? Still, studentshave to possess some basic writing skills and master a range ofwriting methods that help to express themselves vividly andagreeably to requirements.
Below you will find all-embracive instructions and useful tips onhow to write a high school essay. On acquiring this knowledge,you will considerably improve your academic performance pluslearn how to express your ideas clearly. Moreover, essays on yourcollege studies will prepare you for producing one of the mostimportant papers in your life - an admission essay.
You probably know how the writing process goes on; however, wefeel that one more mentioning of the essay planning will behelpful.
This is a unified scheme to write consistently:
- Identify a topic
- Develop a thesis statement
- Think of arguments
- Provide evidence
What essay type to choose
The range of essay types to talk about your high school life isquite big.
Most frequently both students and teachers enjoy reading papersof that kind:
This is because these essays serve best to the purposes mentionedabove. They give you plenty of rope to describe multiple things,express your emotions, share your preferences with the readingaudience and at the same time enable you to reflect upon youracts and achievements. The choice primarily depends on your aims.
If you want people to learn more about who you are, decide on apersonal essay. Reflective stories will work best if you’d liketo share your experiences after a particular event. Research isperfect for students assigned to carry out the studies on arecommended issue. If you wish to depict how you completed acourse, won an academic competition, went on a school trip,participated in a concert, etc., you’d better go with a narrativeessay. Explanatory or teaching writing will fully fit yourdecision to educate a reader, in other words, to explain acertain situation or point of view.
A bunch of inspiring ideas for your essay topic
This section of our writing guide presents vivid examples oftopics split by essay categories.
- Should religion be taught at school?
- Are music and art lessons important in high school?
- Should there be more extra-curriculum activities for seniorstudents?
- Should beauty contests in high school be banned?
- What was your first volunteering experience?
- How I coached my school cheerleading team
- How was my first three-day hiking tour?
- Surviving in a hurricane
- How my mum reached out to me
- How I learned to gain higher self-esteem
- The feeling of being neglected by classmates
- Why I have joined a judo club
- Why I feel grateful for my teachers
- Should schools offer free WI-FI?
- Should high school sportsmen be tested for drugs?
- Should schools have a bigger vegan menu?
- Should there be sex education lessons for high students?
- A moment when you were in urgent need of a friend’s support
- How I first was in serious conflict
- How I delivered my first speech
- How I started blogging
- To investigate how social media impact teenager’s self-esteem
- To explore the impact of part-time jobs on academicexcellence
- To identify the most frequent types of bullying
- To find out how strong is the citizenship of contemporarystudents
- Why learn time-management
- How to improve endurance
- How to build friendship
- What are the most common reasons for immigration?
Tips on essay parts
As a high school essay can be of various types, its format canvary from one to five paragraphs. Compared to university papers,high school essays are shorter but also have to be written in aconcise way.
When it comes to the question “How to write a high school essay?”we would recommend choosing a five-paragraph format, which is aclassic. In addition, this structure is easy to follow:
- Introductory part
- Three body paragraphs
With this format, a student will be able to produce almost allessay types. Moreover, there is definitely pretty much space todevelop a topic.
Like every introduction, your high school essay opening paragraphshould headline the topic, show the main point of writing - athesis statement - and hook the reading audience. These are threeindispensable conditions for every essay. The better they arecomposed, the bigger chances that readers will continue readingyour story.
For those who still do not know - three body paragraphs of theessay are the intertwined components that echo the thesisstatement, have a topic sentence, a claim and a logicaltransition of one idea to another.
The conclusion serves as a summary of the arguments and the lastopportunity to highlight your message. Readers are expected tofinish reading with something new, important and perhaps callingto action in their minds. Your final part has to touch theirhearts so that they will remember what you wanted to say.
How to finalize the paper
Awesome papers are not just the ones that are well-structured andextensively researched. Sophisticated readers will unlikely enjoyreading your essay if their eyes catch the smallest grammar erroror lapse.
So we strongly advise you never to hand in your paper before itis proofread because a watchful eye of the instructor willimmediately notice your careless writing and your paper will geta low score.
To polish your essay, start like this:
- Revise the entire paper several times
- Read the text out loud
- Evaluate if all paragraphs have enough supporting evidence
- Make sure that each source is cited appropriately
- Ask yourself whether your essay is readable, i.e. has clearand free from vagueness
- Check if it does not contain slag words, colloquialisms andboffinated words
- Eliminate grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes
A winning strategy for every student is to employ areader-centred approach. That means pretending that you are areader or a teacher, not a writer. We can tell you this is a onehundred percent effective method.
That’s for instructions. Now it is time to get inspired by superbwritten essays from our resourceful service.
Where to look for professional backstop
Qualified writers will lead your forward to higher grades as theessays produced by them are unique and impressive. A writer whois going to craft your paper will pore over your story and followyour instructions with care.
Being available 24/7, he or she will let you look through thefirst draft to see if everything goes right. Your essay will beready well prior to the deadline which is a good chance to reviseit far and wide.
We work to the convenience of every customer and take care of thefollowing:
- Your reputation. We guarantee confidentiality and do notdisclose your personal data to the third parties.
- Your money. We write various papers for a reasonable chargeand have a flexible pricing policy with pleasant bonuses anddiscounts.
- Your time. We write for you thus sparing your time for otheractivities plus deliver the essays on scheduled time.
- Your nerves and comfort. We cure your troubles about poorpapers and bad marks with splendid essays. As soon as you orderyour college essay, you will forget about sleepless nights, rushand worries!
Take a chance to upgrade your academic results with stunningessays without delay!
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)