- You do not change your specialization drastically and apply for a program relevant to your previous education and experience
- You have excellent academic performance in school/university
- You know foreign languages well
- You write a thesis or conduct scientific research on current scientific topics
- You can justify and imagine how the knowledge obtained abroad will contribute to the development of cultural, economic or political relations between countries
- You are confident of your success
Information about scholarships and grants for study can often be found on the website of the university you are going to enter. If this information is not available, you can contact the Office of Financial Aid or International Office (department for foreign students) and ask what kinds of financial assistance you can claim.
If you were unable to find information about dissertation grants, scholarships, and other types of financial aid on the university’s website, contact the government websites of the country where you intend to apply. Often, governments or other government agencies have funds to attract foreign students to study in their country.
If you were able to find information on the scholarships or grants offered on the faculty or university website, carefully read the requirements for submitting documents and to the applicants themselves.
Find on the site the chosen program or organization that offers it, the application form, the list of required documents and the deadline for the application. Carefully fill out the application, try not to leave blank fields, in questions that require a detailed answer (for example, describe your work experience or hobby), do not write see CV, etc.
Remember that correctly issued documents are the key to your success.
Grants for study abroad – an approximate list of documents
- A copy of the diploma of higher education with a loose leaf or an academic certificate from the university with a list of courses and assessments. These documents must be translated into a foreign language and certified. Some universities may require a notarized translation, other universities may not, so carefully read the requirements. Apostille on these documents do not need to put (unless otherwise specified).
- CV (resume): it should be an academic resume, not a resume when applying for a job. You must describe your duties at work, internships (preferably even if the achievements are described), awards and bonuses, scholarships received, experience in volunteer projects, scientific publications, if you worked in the laboratory, then indicate that. Be sure to take a summary or give it to friends or colleagues for verification – there should be no mistakes.
Grants for studies
- Your name in the resume should be indicated as they are written in your passport
- When you write a phone number, do not forget to include the country and city code
- In the Nationality column, indicate your citizenship, not your nationality
- Give a valid email address
Remember, when answering the question, where and how to get dissertation grants for studying, you need the correctly indicate information to allow the jury to easily contact you and clarify the questions that interest him. It is not necessary to overload the CV with minor details: indicate the information that can provide you with the best hand and meets the requirements for candidates for a scholarship.
Essay to get a grant
Essay is paid the most attention by the selection committee when considering your application. The standard size of the essay is about 500 words.
As a rule, the motivation letter consists of a short introduction (“Dear Selection Committee members, I would like to present my candidacy for...”), two main parts, and conclusion (“Thank you for considering my candidacy...”).
- Why do you want to study in the chosen country/university, at this faculty?
- What exactly do you want to learn and why?
- Why should you be given a scholarship, how will you pay for the investments in yourself?
- How/where you want to apply the acquired knowledge (professional project), etc.
The main thing is not to retell your resume, to list your achievements and experiences. Motivation letter should show your ability to explain, reason, and convince. It should show you as a person. If you are applying for a scholarship or dissertation grants, do not copy or use what you found on the internet. Employees of admission commissions who read 500 motivations a day will immediately identify such a letter and it will go to the basket. Prepare your motivation letter for at least a month.
Results of exams and recommendations of teachers
Remember that after you pass the exam, it will take some time before you know its results (2–3 weeks). Also, take the time to send test results from the test centers to you and the university you are going to enter.
Recommendations from teachers or from work (usually two). Recommendations should be in a foreign language, signed by the teacher who gave them, indicating his academic degrees, contact phone number, and email address.
You should also attach a copy of the current passport.
- Evidence of professional internships
- Participation and victory in scientific contests, etc.
How to pass an interview for a grant for education
- Take care of the correct appearance, be friendly and polite – this is important for obtaining a grant.
- Take with you a copy of all documents, the main of which are a summary and a motivation letter.
- Be ready to answer any question about your studies, work, research, and future plans (professional project), which you wrote about in your resume and motivation letter.
- Talk about your merits and your shortcomings.
- About your plans for the future, after giving you a grant for education.
- About why you need this scholarship and how it will help you achieve your goal.
If the outcome is positive, the selection committee will send you an email, and then a regular mail with the confirmation that you have been selected to receive a scholarship or a grant for study abroad.
Terms of consideration of the application
If you read in the brochure of the charity fund that it takes two or three months to review the application – do not believe it. You can wait for six months and even a year.
The reasons for the delays are very different: staff reduction, leadership change, vacation season, a large number of applications, etc.
Causes of refusals: the topic does not correspond to the main activities of the fund, filed duplicate applications, your application is incorrectly designed, you asked for too much money, you asked for too little money (donors do not want to contact too small projects).
It is highly desirable at the first meeting to get a clear answer to the main question from the fund officer: “Does my project fit in principle?”
What to do with the money received?
- The funds received should go exclusively to the purposes for which they are issued
- All necessary reporting must be submitted within a strictly specified time frame
- In the event of force majeure or when it is not possible to execute a certain part of the project, it is necessary to immediately apply to the fund for making adjustments
- During inspections you cannot interrupt the commission and it is necessary to provide all information relating to the funds received
In case of misuse of the grant or non-fulfillment of other conditions of the contract, the organization may require it to terminate and apply to the court with a claim for the return of all allocated funds.
Thus, not only you need to know how to get a grant, but also how to fulfill all the conditions of the fund that will give you money.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay