- Key concepts
- Purpose of the study
- Research issues
The introduction – the most powerful element
Sometimes it is good to give personal or biographical reasons of why you are interested in the specific topic. Tell a short story about yourself and your experience. The introduction is truly the most important obligatory element of the dissertation, its "visiting card". It should immediately draw the attention of the reader.
In the Introduction should be disclosed the choice of the topic of the dissertation, the urgency of the scientific problem that is justified, and the degree of its elaboration in the literature are considered. Based on the relevance of the topic and the state of its development, the goal and tasks of the study are determined. The solution to that will allow this goal to be realized.
- The estimation of its practical importance
- The reliability of the study
- It is approbation.
As you can see, the introduction includes questions, some of which can be formulated already at the very beginning of the work. These questions disclose the relevance, social and scientific significance of the topic, the state of the development of the scientific problem and etcetera. All this is determined by analysis of historiography related to the topic of the dissertation research.
In the introduction, the student identifies the goal and objectives, subject and object, sources, research methodology, chronological period. The other things are formulated only as a result of research (novelty, approbation, reliability, theoretical and practical significance).
- The relevance of the topic for science and practice
- The state of development of the scientific problem - analysis of the historiography of the theme of the dissertation research
- Purpose of the study
- Research objectives arising from its purpose
- Subject and object of research
- Sources of research
- Chronological period
- The novelty of the study
- The approbation of the research (presentation of its results, publications)
- Reliability, scientific, theoretical significance
- Practical significance, the applicability of the conducted research, conclusions, generalizations and recommendations made in it
- Scientific conclusions to be issued for defense.
The first chapter of the dissertation
- practical - that is, studying who is really unwell or uncomfortable right now. Previously, it was called relevance. To learn, you need to give figures and facts showing the scale or severity of the practical problem
- theoretical, it is the formulation of what we do not know, but what needs to be learned. And if we find out, this will move us towards solving a practical problem.
For example, increasing the inequality of access to quality education is a practical problem. And the fact that we do not know how social networks affect this, among other things, is a theoretical problem.
Key concepts, if you need to specifically define them, can go into the problem section. This is a very important part of some dissertations. After that students show the purpose of the study. You should use the active verbs here. After that, you can move to the research issues. Take a goal, and think about how to achieve it, what questions should be answered. Find from 2 to 4 key questions for that.
Hypothesis part of the dissertation
Here you should mention what do you expect to find. Do not forget the principle of falsification. If your hypothesis cannot be refuted, then you do not have a hypothesis. A less strict test - if everyone agrees with your hypothesis, then probably you also do not have it. In some qualitative dissertations, there is no hypothesis. But then you still need to describe the heuristic framework - a guess about what is happening.
- Why can you answer such questions in your own way?
- What did you do specifically?
- where and what data were extracted
- How then they were analyzed.
The assumptions and the restrictions
Assumptions are important for the paper. Try to make explicit what you take on faith, and do not intend to check. It's not very easy to do, but this section adds depth to your research. It is very good to immediately tell that your work does not do, that you do not study, what is the one-sidedness of your theoretical and methodological choice. On which populations can and cannot spread your findings. Although this can be told both in conclusions or immediately after the conclusions.
How long is a dissertation – the other chapters
The second chapter is traditionally devoted to a review of the literature, although it can also be included in the first introductory chapter. A good review of the literature does not retell anyone who said, but draws a holistic picture of the research field, tells the story, assesses the state of the matter.
- Write a simple, clear, not pseudo-scientific language
- Never use terms that you do not fully understand
- Do not refer to sources that are not directly related to your work
- Do not repeat anything
- Arrange the tags on the text so that it is clear where everything is going
- Make 2-3 levels of subtitles
- Never overestimate the knowledge of your reader, but also never underestimate his intelligence.
To conduct an effective writing the dissertation, it is important to learn how to fight procrastination. There are many tools that can help.
How to fight procrastination?
- Timer method
- Preparation for start
- Walking method
- Fight perfectionism.
The timer is suitable for any simple work, for which you can still procrastinate. Agree with yourself that to work without distraction, you need only 30 minutes, after which you give yourself the right to go decisively to the social network. Put the alarm - and go ahead. Why is this method effective?
There is such a thing as workability. If you for some time completely concentrate on the work being done, then it is likely that you will be drawn in and continue to work without special strong-willed efforts. But even if this did not happen to you - dashing trouble began. You've already dedicated half an hour to something worthwhile.
Preparation for the start is an important step
If the work seems dreary and unbearable, you should promise yourself to fully prepare for its implementation and stop on this. You can run all necessary computer programs and open the documents. You can get out and put in a prominent place the required books or textbooks, find out notes, markers, pens and other trifles.
As a result of these actions, you have at your fingertips everything that is necessary for an important matter, and at the same time the determination to start it at last. Why is this method effective? Because in the process of preparation fight procrastination.
Walking method against procrastination
When you cannot find a solution to the problem, you need to set the creative thinking. It's time to get out of the computer place and go for a walk. Chances are that a few kilometers, passed at a high pace, will give you the lost inspiration. Why is this method effective?
Because to stuck in a dead end and force yourself to think "on the well-trodden" it away to nowhere. We only exacerbate the situation and increase the feeling of helplessness. But the abrupt change of activities, moreover, accompanied by physical activity, helps to get out of the vicious circle in a short time.
Fight perfectionism to not procrastinate
Nothing so fuels the habit of procrastinating, as the desire to be perfect - always and everywhere. Unrealistically high standards are good only in theory. In practice, they do not motivate achievements and also provoke the desire to throw everything and procrastinate. Therefore, if you want to move, allow yourself to do the work for C grade.
Why is this method effective? Because by giving ourselves the right to imperfection, we automatically reduce the fear of "not coping" and begin to act. And not the most brilliant result can always become available - it's much easier than taking the first step. If nothing helps to fight procrastination before the deadline, it is better to use the professional writing help.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay