Writing a persuasive essay has much common with being an attorney arguing a challenging case before a jury. Well, the author also takes a stand on a particular issue and creates the strongest possible argument for the purpose of winning over the audience.
In a persuasive paper, it’s the author’s job to persuade the audience to accept a particular point opinion or take a certain action. Evidently, persuasive essays need substantial research, complete awareness of the reader’s biases as well as a deep understanding of both sides of the issue. If your persuasive essay is good enough, it will demonstrate not only why your view is right, but also why the opposing view is absolutely wrong.
Persuasive writing happens to be a fixture of today’s life. It’s widely employed newspaper editorials, advertising, political speeches and blogs.
Persuasive writing: a detailed guide
If you’re still struggling to learn how to write a good persuasive essay, you’re lucky to have come across the right guide. Simply follow the tips below and you’ll end up composing a worthy convincing paper.
- Pick up a position: As a learner, you require thinking about the issue. Choose the side you’d like to advocate.
- Try to understand your readers: To write a good persuasive essay, you should understand your audience’s perspective. Find out whether they’re still undecided or they’re already backing one side.
- Conduct thorough research: This type of essay fully depends on substantial, persuasive evidence. Relying on a single source is what you shouldn’t do. Instead, you’d better use information from multiple sources. It also makes sense to consult tutors and community experts. Keep taking notes while reading.
- Identify the most persuasive evidence and the major points for the opposing side.
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
Working on your essay structure
Creating an outline is a must-have state in essay writing, no matter what type of essay you’ve been assigned. You require organizing the evidence just to make your argument firm enough. If the advisor has specified a definite structure, simply incorporate this stuff into your outline. As usual, a persuasive paper comes with 5-6 paragraphs:
- Introduction: Here you’re expected to grab your readers’ attention and hold it tight. Additionally, in this first section you should provide an overview of your argument. The given section needs to be closed with a thesis statement, unveiling the position to be argued.
- Body paragraphs: Each of your body paragraphs should focus on one piece of your evidence. Each of these paragraphs should provide enough supporting details.
- Opposing view paragraph: Illustrate and then debunk the major points of the opposing opinion.
- Conclusion: Here you require restating and reinforcing your thesis as well as evidence.
Drafting your persuasive essay
When writing the initial draft of this paper, keep in mind that your introductory paragraph needs to feature a firm hook, grabbing your readers’ attention. For instance, you can start with a weird fact. An emphatic question or quotation would suffice too.
Your thesis statement needs to leave no doubts as for your position. Additionally, each of your body paragraphs should deal with a separate point, while the sentences of these paragraphs are required to provide firm evidence in the form of statistics, facts, quotes from reputable experts, to say nothing of real-life examples.
Extra tips for your persuasive writing
- You require considering the whole variety of ways to form the argument, including drawing comparisons, utilizing an analogy or depicting a hypothetical situation.
- You shouldn’t assume the audience has deep knowledge of the subject. Therefore, you’re expected to define key terms and provide background information.
- Your conclusion is required to summarize the most crucial evidence and also encourage your audience to adopt a particular position or even take action. Your closing sentence might be a sort of dramatic plea. Alternatively, you can also use a forecast, implying urgent action. Other variants include a tip, providing the audience with specific ideas on what could be done by them and a question, provoking them to ponder seriously over the issue.
Any academic paper needs revision and your essay isn’t an exception. You need to have your paper reviews just to modify it if required. It’s up to you to reorganize your paper to drastically improve it.
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
You should ensure that your paper rolls out a firm position on the subject, backed by relevant statistics, facts, examples and quotes.
Besides this make sure your paper starts with a catchy hook, intriguing your readers and keeping them reading.
If you’re forgotten to present and debunk the opposing view in your essay, this paper is more than just mediocre, to put it mildly. Fix it immediately.
When revising look whether your sentence structure is varied enough. Using the same patterns would drastically worsen following your thoughts. It’s difficult to read the test lacking transitions between its paragraphs. Hurry up to fix it if you have such a nasty glitch.
If your conclusion fails to convey the whole value of your position, and it doesn’t urge the audience to act and think, the section needs to be seriously modified.
If your paper’s still missing the mark, you require taking another look at your thesis. Perhaps, your argument isn’t firm enough and you respectively need to have it strengthened. It makes sense to test your argument by simply making a thesis statement for the opposing opinion. Thus, you’ll see whether it’s strong enough or not.
During this stage you should proofread and then correct mistakes in spelling, grammar. Don’t neglect improving the overall clarity and style. Let your friend look at your paper with a fresh perspective. Thus, many hidden glitches will be uncovered.
Unveiling your persuasive essay
Sharing your ready-made persuasive paper with the rest of the class, family members or friends can be both thrilling and intimidating. You can learn from this unique experience and utilize the feedback to significantly improve your next paper.
Entrust your persuasive writing to our reputable service!
We offer an extremely effective way to learn how to compose all the types of essays required in today’s educational institutions. We provide online writing classes for elementary, middle as well as high school learners. We’ve successfully broken down the writing process into quite manageable chunks, which are easily digested by our novice essay writers.
Learners steadily form writing skills as well as confidence with each of our online writing courses, guided by step-by-step tips with a certified dedicated tutor.
We’re faster than your deadline!
If you’ve been assigned to compose a long paper by tomorrow, don’t panic. Simply reach out to our service whatever way you like and we’ll have your issue smartly resolved. Don’t think about your painful lack of knowledge or shortage of time – it’s not your concern any longer. Your paper will be in the hands of true professionals.
If you require an academic paper of any type and complexity to be completed as soon as possible, our faithful writing service will help to you to meet this objective. Don’t delay contacting us, as literally every minute before your deadline is strikingly priceless.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay