The entry is needed to inform your audience about the main reason behind your work and justify why it is important in the field.
There is no strict word limit for the entries, but they should be as concrete as possible. Entries can be very tricky to write. That is why many students prefer to write them last, making sure they haven’t missed anything important. If you’re preparing a long essay where you’re using a plan, it may be useful to organize your entry around the plan. Entries provide a general review of the essay but do not address issues from the abstract.
If you want to know how to write an introduction for a research paper effectively, you need to know the principal it works on – introduce the subject and set it in a wider context narrowing the subject down to the problem of the research, thesis, and hypothesis. Good entry should explain the audience how you are going to solve a research issue. It provides directions for the readers, making it easier for them to understand whether they want to read your work.
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
You also need to aim your paper at someone who already has a good knowledge of the particular field. For instance, if you’re writing an essay about evolutionary adaptations, you do not need to describe all the details about Darwin since your reader already knows the subject.
The first assignment of the entry is to establish the scene. This way you provide a context for your paper and allow the audience to see how it matches with previous research in the area.
This section, included in the first paragraph of your paper, can be founded on a historical narrative that chronologically highlights the first research in the area to the current day. Make sure to stick to only relevant data.
The importance of an entry
The main goal of an entry is to acquaint the reader with the purpose of your research. You can’t start talking about your ideas, evidence, and arguments without explaining what you are writing about. The entry is the place where you need to concisely define the hypothesis you want to deny or prove in your paper. You must give explanations about why your research is necessary, it’s significance, and urgency.
Information to include in the entry
It varies on the field you are writing your paper on. If you prepare an essay on a humanitarian subject, you may use the following to introduce your subject:
- Anecdotes or a short story
- Relevant quotes
- If you’re working on a technological paper, medical quotes are irrelevant. Instead you need to offer specific and precise facts to intrigue a reader.
Introduce your subject
The first thing in creating a great entry for a research paper is to introduce a research subject. This should be done only using a couple of proposals. This is a great opportunity to attract the readers’ attention so you need to start with the entertaining statement. You can deeper examine the subject later in your entry paragraph. You will need to use relevant keywords in your title and first couple of sentences.
Indicating main concepts and terms
Sometimes it may be useful to clarify main concepts and terms. The entry is the best place to do this. When writing a research paper, you need to express yourself concisely because unknown terms may confuse your audience. Make sure to explain any unfamiliar concepts in the beginning of the paper so that the readers could easily understand what you are talking about. This is particularly critical if your paper is supposed to develop new concepts readers are not yet familiar with.
To get background information on the issue of the research you can use the following sources:
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Newspapers and magazines
- Online reference materials
- Online resources
- Subject specific software
When collecting information, you can also check out university in public libraries, government agencies, businesses, and get in touch with knowledgeable people in your community.
Once you have all the information, read and assess it. Bookmark the useful sites you find online. Take notes, photocopy, and print out all the relevant data you find.
When collecting your resources, write down full bibliographical data so that it will be easier for you to include this information into your bibliography. Research papers without the bibliographical information are very useless.
Preparing a thesis
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
Most research papers must have a thesis. However, ask your professor whether you are required to include it. Keep in mind the following when working on a thesis:
- This is a central point of your paper. The arguments your offer in your work should be around your central idea. Write your thesis in one proposal after doing some critical thinking. Most of your essay will consist of arguments to back up and defend your idea.
- Thesis should appear in the beginning of your paper. It is not possible to craft a thesis right when you just started completing your assignment. To craft an effective statement, you have to collect, organize, and analyze the sources you find and the ideas you have. You can’t produce a thesis before you complete your research paper.
- When preparing a statement, avoid fuzzy or generic proposals and arguments. Stick to a particular topic. Your essay should offer something new to the audience to make it interesting for them to read.
- It is better if you don’t cite any other offers in this part. Develop your own ideas in your own words instead of copying thoughts of others.
A thesis should do the following:
- Give the answer to the question you were asked.
- Let the audience know how you are going to interpret the topic of the research.
- Tell the reader what they can expect from your paper.
- Show your claim, which others may want to debate.
If you have time, show your thesis to your professor so he or she could tell you whether it perfectly reflects the essence of your paper.
Working on a plan
In order to know how to write an introduction for a research paper and create a high-quality product, you need to know how to properly structure your paper. Research papers basically have the following organization:
- Abstract. A short summary of your work around 250 words long.
- Background data on the subject or short comment that leads into the topic matter. No more than two pages long.
- Body with a few sections. In this part, you need to discuss the methods and materials you used, the results you have achieved, and provide a discussion together with a deduction.
- If necessary figures, tables, and appendix.
A plan can be informal or formal. A formal plan uses letters and numbers to set topics and subtopics. The numbers and letters of the same type should appear right under one another. The topics they denote should be grouped logically.
An informal plan helps the writer organize his ideas. It can be revised, edited, or canceled without given much attention to the form. It assists the author to make the main points clearly and arrange them properly.
Organizing your notes
You need to organize all the data you have collected in accordance with your plan. Critically analyze your research information. Check whether the information is accurate, verify if it’s up-to-date, factual, and correct, using the best available resources. You should also note the opposing opinions on the subject if they assist to support your thesis. This is one of the most important steps in writing the research paper. Here you will need to do the following:
- Sort out
- Digest the information you have collected
- Possibly learn something new about the topic
You need to effectively explain your ideas, thoughts, insights, and the findings of the research.
Do not provide any data that is not relevant to your subject. Also, don’t include anything that you do not understand. Make sure that the data you have noted is thoroughly presented in your words. Avoid plagiarism. All the ideas and quotes you have borrowed should be used accurately and documented properly. When using ideas of others, write down bibliographical information for every paragraph you site.
Look through all the information and notes you have collected. Sum up, paraphrase, or cite directly every idea you are planning to apply in your paper. You can use any technique that suits you best.
Importance of integrity
Once you write the final variant of your paper, be firm to make necessary adjustments and corrections before submitting the paper for a checkup by your professor. It may happen that in the end of your research, you will face incompatibilities in all sections. If your paper does not sound like a constrained text, you need to make improvements. If the main part of the paper does not give the answer to the questions raised in the entry, you can adjust it to the ideas discussed in the main body.
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
- 1 – page abstract
- VIP Support
- Expedited delivery
- Essay outline
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay