Illustrative essays are probably one of the easiest among other essays. When you know how to write an illustration essay, it will be very easy for you to craft other types of papers as well. This is because no matter what kind of paper you are working on, if you are trying to prove something, illustrations are the best way to accomplish this.
Illustration essays use various examples to prove or support your thesis. For instance, if your thesis statement is “In winter, a lot of people hibernate,” you will have descriptions of several facts that will back up your thesis such as:
- When the weather is cold, social activities in the city a poorly attended.
- There are fewer cars on the roads during winter.
Illustration essays are nothing more than simply given facts that support your thesis. However, they are colorful, which makes them very interesting to read. The tips below on how to write an illustration essay will help you master this kind of writing.
Objective of illustration papers
To illustrate means to demonstrate something concisely. Illustration paper clearly support and demonstrate the point through the use of evidence. The main idea is called thesis. You can use various kinds of evidence to back up your thesis. They include:
- Historical events
- Current events
- Personal anecdotes and stories
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
You need to have the evidence that will help your audience clearly see the point you are trying to make. The stronger your evidence is, the clearer it will be for the reader to understand your idea.
Using effective evidence
It can be hard to use an effective evidence. It will depend on your topic and your audience. When working on an illustration paper, keep in mind the following:
- Evaluate how much evidence you need to full explain your point depending on the difficulty of the topic and the audience’s knowledge about the topic.
- Apply evidence that appropriately fits the topic and the audience.
For instance, if you are preparing a paper about a new communication software for a group of English major graduates, you may need to use a personal story or an analogy to show how the software operated. Also add several proofs to make sure that the audience understands what you want to say. However, if you’re writing this paper for IT specialists, you’ll need to use more technical proofs because this audience is familiar with the subject.
If you keep in mind the subject in relation to your readers, you will increase your chances of creating an effective illustration paper.
Organization of an illustration paper
The main idea should appear at the entry of the paper. Then you need to present the evidence in the body sections to back up this idea. You may use the strongest proofs you have first to support the point, also you may want to begin with the less important evidence and build your paper to increasingly stronger process. This organization style is called order of importance.
There are some transitional phrases and words that you can use to present the evidence. Using such words as currently, finally, first, second, etc. will orient the reader and order the evidence concisely. It is crucial to use transitions to present your examples. Thus, it is useful to have a list of words and phrases you can apply to present every piece of evidence. Some of them include:
- In particular
- For example
- In this case
- To illustrate
- Case in point
You can vary the phrases depending on the illustration you use. It is crucial to have a wide choice of phrasing and words in order to keep the audience engaged in your ideas and the writing.
Writing the paper
Figure out what topic will be interesting for you to write about. Then work on an engaging entry to interest the readers. At the end of entry, add the thesis.
Collect all the evidence that is relevant to both your topic and your readers. Collect the evidence in terms of importance. Make sure to completely explain all the examples you are using.
Of course, you can’t just state the facts since it will be boring for your audience to read your paper. It is better if you engage the reader by taking the definition of illustration literally. When thinking about an illustration, we have an image in mind that helps you understand something. The use of an illustration in writing is the same. You need to apply words to paint a picture for the audience so that they can visualize what you are trying to say. Even though illustration essays are one the easiest papers, be careful of it being very easy. Some tips to consider when coming up with examples to support your thesis include:
- Before creating the paper, brainstorm for good ideas and examples and then choose your top three of them. When you have the strongest points, carefully illustrate every example so that it is clear to the audience why you use it to prove your main idea.
- Ensure your examples make a clear point. If you’re going to include a long narrative about how you feel about winter, it doesn’t prove that many people hibernate.
- Practice how to write an illustration assay and how to use transitions between your examples to make the content logical.
- Your thesis should not be about debating a position but about phenomena that exists.
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay