Whether you are a student of a college or high school, there is a high chance that you will have to write informative essays during your studies. You may be either assigned a topic or given a chance to choose one of your own. Sometimes when receiving a topic from a teacher, students get completely confused and don’t know where to begin. Don’t worry, here you will find useful ideas on how to write an informative essay and grant yourself a high score.
Definition of an informative essay
Informative essays are pieced of writing that have an objective to teach audience about a certain subject. You need to make sure that your readers learn something interesting and new once they finish reading your essay. In the course of writing, you will need to contrast controversial opinions about a certain subject.
Informative essays are written for various reasons:
- They explain something many readers do not know about.
- They may offer new information about the latest research on a certain topic.
- They may help you define difficult terms when comparing opposing views or analyzing a cause-and-effect relationship.
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
Topics for informative papers
If you have not been assigned a topic, you will have to select one of your own. This step may be difficult since you may get stuck due to a variety of different topics. To choose the most appropriate subject, keep these ideas in mind:
- The topic should be interesting and attractive to your audience. Think about your audience in advance and consider them while preparing your paper.
- Do not choose too narrow or too broad subject. There should be a sufficient amount of information about the subject you want to discuss. However, stay within the limits since you do not want your paper to turn into a novel.
- Select the subject you are interested in. This way it will be more pleasant for you to write your paper and you will be able to express your enthusiasm on the issue you are talking about.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide a speech or presentation along with your essay. That is why it is useful to choose a subject that will be interesting for a wide audience and can be explained clearly. Some of the examples of topics include:
- What are the reasons for addiction?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- What is the origin of language?
- Why do people dream?
- How can you maximize financial efficiency?
Before getting to the writing of your paper, there are some things you need to do beforehand. When you have a plan, it will be easier for you to organize information effectively and speed up the writing process:
- Brainstorming ideas. Usually you are given freedom in selecting the subject for your paper. You can select a subject that you already know well, however, this may make the writing process boring and swift. It is best if you choose a subject that you have limited knowledge about because this way you will increase your own knowledge and challenge the students in terms of analyzing new information. No matter what topic you select, brainstorming ideas and crafting a general plan will help you organize your thoughts and select the most appropriate topic in the logical way.
- Selecting the subject. Once you narrow down your options, choose the most appropriate subject. Do not go for anything too narrow or too broad. Find the best medium that will allow you to fully reveal the question and offer informative data. This way you won’t need to worry that you may lack some content or that there is not enough space for you to discuss everything you wanted.
- Conduct informative research. Collect information about your subject using different sources.
- The sources you use should be diverse and reliable. Using just one source like Wikipedia is definitely not enough. At least check out the links at the bottom of every wiki page to get more sources. Also, do not use only one source, provide information from different sources. This way your essay will be very informative.
Informative essays are written in the standard essay style. They usually consist of an entry, three main paragraphs, and a deduction. The entry is used to describe your main argument in a very interesting matter. Three main paragraphs are applied to back up your thesis created in the entry. The deduction will sum up the information and explain its significance.
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
Use a loud hook proposal to grab the attention of your readers in the entry. This proposal should be relevant to your subject. You may want to use rhetorical questions. After that discuss some background context that will help the reader understand your topic better. In the end of the entry, include a coherent thesis. This is the proposal your whole essay is based on, so make sure it is constructed properly.
In this section, you will need to defend your thesis, so the content of these parts should be of a very high quality. A topic sentence should start every main paragraph. Use smooth transitions from your entry by crafting a topic proposal that connects the thesis to your first main point.
There should be a target point and its supporting details in every main paragraph. Once you introduce the topic sentence, follow the CCE format to create the important part of your paper. You need to make a claim, the main argument of the body. You need to have three strong claims.
Once you indicate the claim, you need to offer the evidence that proves your claim. Usually it is a quote from some document such as articles, journals, bibliographies, etc. If you don’t provide this information, your essay will have no value.
Then you need to present an explanation to your claim showing how it proves your thesis. This is an important part that should be coherently explained.
Conclude main paragraphs using a sentence that would give a general synthesis of the debate you presented. Here, you need to show that your opinion is correct.
After offering three main statements, you need to sum up your paper. The first thing you need to do is to revise your thesis explaining it in different words.
To effectively finish your paper, you need to think of a general conclusion proposal. It will be an explanation for the importance of your statement. Explain why your writing process has value and where you can apply this information.
The length of the essay
The perfect length for informative essays is from 3 to 5 pages. You need to include at least four sources that you have applied during your writing process.
Informative papers are considered to be the hardest assignments that need to be done with the absolute concern and care.
Things to do after the writing
Once you know how to write an informative essay and finally finish the writing process you will need to check some things to make sure you deliver a high-quality paper. You will need to do the following:
- Check vocabulary. Read your paper and make sure you are satisfied with the language you used. If some words are applied inappropriately and the writing style is not smooth, then apply some editions.
- Editing. It is always good to have someone else to read through your essay. Ask your friends or relatives to look through your paper and offer any tips or amendments. You can also use a professional writing service where you can hire professional editors who will check your paper and bring it to perfection.
- Final touches. Once you’re done editing your paper, read it once again and see if you can catch other small mistakes that need to be corrected.
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
- 1 – page abstract
- VIP Support
- Expedited delivery
- Essay outline
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay