If you’re a Texas student, you are familiar with the frustrationand struggles that come with any STAAR writing paper assignments.Get prepared for them with enough confidence to earn highermarks. Your basic goal is to do the following:
- Write both precisely and concisely;
- State everything clearly;
- Avoid including anything superfluous.
STAAR is designed to help Texas students remain competitive withothers both nationally and internationally. One of the mostimportant functions is to gauge how well you are preparedacademically. It’s specifically created to measure youreducational progress.
Basic STAAR writing requirements
After getting acquainted with basic requirements, you will feelmore comfortable about the entire writing process, get a betterunderstanding of differences between good and bad writing, and beable to submit a perfect essay. When completing this assignment,you’re given 26 lines and you aren’t allowed to create extralines that go outside the box. What do you need to do to get thehighest score?
- Use the organization strategies appropriate for the mainpurpose of your essay (you don’t have to follow any strictformula);
- Do some drafting, pre-writing, and editing to end up with aperfect final copy (don’t go straight to it);
- Avoid writing your personal narrative;
- Use a dictionary or thesaurus during a writing process.
How to address literary prompts
Literary prompts are always presented with a given picture.However, you don’t need to write about it because this pictureshould be used as your springboard for thoughts. To write a goodessay, you need to take the following steps:
- Write either imagined or real story;
- Make sure that your story has a narrow focus;
- Develop a setting, a character, and a plot;
- Avoid including the events and details that don’t matter toyour story;
- Avoid too many descriptions because they often disrupt astory.
How to answer expository prompts
Expository STAAR writing paper prompts are presented with aspecial think box that contains a story, a quote, historicaldata, and so on. It’s not necessary to write about any specificinformation in this box, but you can use it as your thoughtspringboard. Make sure that:
- Your essay has an effective and solid thesis;
- You support this statement with effective and well-balancedevidence;
- You avoid being overly philosophical and abstract;
- You write what you know and base all statements on your priorknowledge and personal experience;
- You don’t repeat prompts in concluding or introductoryparagraphs because a thesis serves this purpose.
When completing this academic assignment, you need to understandthat a thesis is the most important part and your writing shouldbe adjusted to meet all parameters or requirements. To increasechance to write a good essay, ask yourself these questions:
- How can you apply your skills and knowledge?
- How can you communicate everything effectively andsuccinctly?
To succeed, you also need to know how to determine the examplesof this type of writing in the real world. Learn what this essayis and what makes it effective and use the following skills:
- Use your figurative language, especially in a concludingparagraph;
- Write in the 3rd person;
- Use different sentence types;
- Use transitional words and phrases;
- Preplan all essay sections;
- Write a genre specific paper;
- Use strong examples to support your claims;
- Make a clear and specific thesis.
Dealing with persuasive essay prompts
They are presented to students with a special think box thatcontains a story, quote, historical information, and otherdetails. You don’t need to write about any specific informationin this box because it should be used for your thoughts. To writethe best STAAR persuasive essay, use these effective and simpletips:
- Be sure to have your clear position;
- Avoid using false evidence, such as made-up examples andstats;
- Use the strongest argument that you have last;
- You aren’t required to address any other side of the mainargument in this assignment.
The role of editing and revising
You are provided with short passages to read, and each one isfollowed by specific questions. Answering them requires bothediting and revising skills, and you need to read passages togive the right answers. Take enough time to look at your answerchoices carefully and proofread them in your STAAR essay.Revising and editing allows you to find and fix all the mistakesthat compromise future scores.
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)