Procrastination is one of the main paradoxes of the writer's profession. Generally, writers want to write (or write), but often they find ourselves engaged in anything, but not writing. The procrastination often goes along with the creative process. Writers can do anything to postpone the writing. At the same time, they know that sooner or later they will have to take up work. Thereby, there are many strategies to concentrate on the writing process.
- Set the quota of pages written per day. Be optimistic, but also realistic at the same time. The idea is not to bring anything to anyone, but to give you a reasonable goal that you could achieve daily. If you write more - great, but all that is required of you is to fulfill the quota on a daily basis. The extra pages that you write on one day, do not count for the next days
- Set the time specification for the day or week. It is also used as a page quota. Try to also be realistic
- Write a story or chapter a week
- Set yourself an hourly payment, and do not allow yourself to enjoy movies, dinner in a restaurant and etcetera until you are able to pay it with your "writer's" money.
- Let someone else pay you for writing. For example, let your friend make a dinner, while you are writing
- Write with the music background. Load two or three albums into the player and write until they run out. It's not just background noise, it's the sound of your work
- Do not press yourself to much. Give yourself the freedom to write when you feel the mood, and do not write when you do not feel it. This is one of the most tempting advantages of the profession of the writer
- Hide your watch. This means that you should not depend on the clock. Allow your biorhythm to tell you when it's time to write, and when it is time to relax.
Set your own rules to find motivation
As you can see, some of the tips are quite controversial, thereby, you should try everything to find out if this helps you to find motivation. For example, you can use the clock, not hide it. Set the timer for a short period of time of 15 minutes or so and write without pauses. No matter what, you just need to wait for the signal. Repeat such periods until you will finish all the work. Allow yourself to get up, only after the timer signal, and always re-set the timer if you stay behind the keyboard. This will keep you in place long enough for the first impulse to evade work has passed, and often you will find that you no longer want to leave when the timer has run out.
Make a daily writing routine, and schedule the hours for writing first. This will help you to make the motivation for writing your habit. This does not necessarily mean that the writing hours should be at the beginning of the day. This means that when scheduling, you must plan them in the first place. Plan everything: bathroom, food, sleep, telephone conversations, walk with a dog - everything. When you will have the schedule, if something is not planned, just do not do it.
Develop creative thinking to motivate yourself for writing
In each person from nature, there is an equal number of abilities. Over the years, interest in learning creativity, as a rule, recedes into the background - along with children's dreams and aspirations. We experiment less, do not want to waste time learning new skills if they do not have a direct connection to work responsibilities. In fact, creativity is a very useful tool for writing a paper. It helps to develop creative thinking, relieves stress and makes life brighter. To get your motivation to write a paper, you need to set a creative thinking.
The idea that a person with age loses the ability to learn and create new ideas, is hopelessly outdated. The brain can learn and change throughout life. This ability is called neuroplasticity. The nervous system is designed so that the discovery of something new stimulates pleasure centers, which is why we like to travel, try new dishes, try on new images during shopping. At the same time, most of our energy is saved when we are relaxing. That's why we are so pleased with meeting friends, leisurely walks in the park, watching the movie.
Train your brains to motivate your writing
Everyone knows the theory of the right and left sides of the brain, according to which the right side is responsible for rationality, and the left side is responsible for the creative principle. Eric Kandel proposed a new model of the brain device - a smart memory, for which he received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2000. According to Candel, logic, and intuition work simultaneously in various combinations. All events in a person's life are recorded in one or another part of the brain. Our memory resembles a cabinet with a lot of boxes that open and close at random, and memories in them are mixed. This gives a background to the emergence of new ideas.
Conceptual mixing is one of the forms of creative thinking when a person finds associations between seemingly completely different topics. Linking different concepts, ancient people learned to obtain fire, created the first tools, began to engage in art. The genius of Leonardo da Vinci is that he mixed in his projects already known concepts and constantly watched. To learn how to see the connections between different concepts, you can use the techniques of Edward de Bono.
For example, choose at random four different words. Think of a criterion by which one of them becomes superfluous. For example, take the words "dog", "cloud", "water", "door". According to the first criterion, they can be connected like this: a dog, water, and a door can be in the house, the cloud is not. According to the second criterion, the words "dog", "water", "cloud" are united by the letter "o". Such tasks and games make your brain think creatively and help to find a motivation for writing the paper.
Why do we cease to create spontaneously with age?
The adult person lives on autopilot in many cases and takes the majority of decisions, proceeding from the experience, the known information and cultural features. Children do the same intuitively, they are not afraid to experiment with objects and forms. Every child is an artist. The difficulty is to remain an artist, coming out of childhood. Thereby, we can become more creative if we feel like children.
- Funny questions
- Inverted beliefs
- How not to miss a good idea
- Be sure to write down everything that comes to mind. Understand and analyze later.
Funny questions and inverted beliefs
If the problem was a living being, who would it be? Think of it as a person in the past and the present? Imagine that you ate a problem. What does it taste like? Is there something beautiful in it or interesting? Imagine that you are a therapist of the problem. What do you think, what would it confess? We are all slaves of habits and prejudices. Write down all the prejudices associated with the current task, and then try to look at them from the other side.
How not to miss a good idea
Ideas can illuminate you at any time, but most often they come when we are most relaxed. Everyone has such situations when new solutions come like by themselves. Someone starts to create when driving a car, someone lights up while playing sports or meditating. Be sure to write down everything that comes to mind. This is important because you can understand and analyze it later. There is nothing more harmful to creativity than criticism. Another danger - when a good idea comes to mind, there is a risk to stop at it and not come up with a better idea. Set the goal to come up with a certain number of ideas a day or a week. Classify them and write them to a notebook or phone. After all, this will be your productive habit. The idea is the most important component of the paper. If you have the idea, you can always hire a professional writer to finalize the draft.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay