Obtaining a college degree is perhaps one of the most important steps one can take in life. It is a common fact that a certified specialist has wider career opportunities than a nongraduate. Once the decision is made, a school-leaver has to go through certain trials. Let’s assume you have finally selected a college of your dream, passed SAT, ACT, Abitur or other qualification exams for college entrance and done some paperwork. Now you are facing another challenge which is writing a college admission essay. For most students, it is still a mind breaking task accompanied by lots of stress. However, this process can be exciting if you spare a bit of your time reading this guideline. Below we are sharing precious tips on writing matchless entrance essays ever.
Why a college essay really matters? A selective procedure at many colleges is very tough. They observe every applicant from all angles to choose the best candidate. Test scores, APA certificates and school records are under a watchful eye of the admission officer. However, there are too many students who can boast excellent scores. Then how they select among thousands of worthy applicants? Most admission bodies believe that an entrance essay will help them make a final decision.
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
And this is the main reason why your essay should be finely composed.
What counts more
Students often have a trouble to reflect on their last 15-17 years within the limits of two pages. For many of them, it takes weeks to write a good entrance paper while admission counsellors need five minutes to read the paper and identify if the applicant fits the college requirements. Then how to persuade an officer to choose you among thousands of other candidates?
These tips from experienced writers will help make your essay impressive:
Do not overplay
Your essay should not sound like that written by a seasoned man. You are just a teenager with your own values, visions and language. They are not looking for Shakespeare-like style but try to see a self-aware, aspirant and independent boy or a girl.
Admission bodies do not like gasconading about super awesome victories or heroic actions even if they are true. Of course, you may mention your big achievements but do it without exaggeration and bragging.
Share a moment
To engage an admission officer from the first lines of your paper, you should start with a mini story about a certain event that has shaped your character. Real stories that show who you were and who you have become are really involving.
Tell about what is important to you
How to do it? Imagine that you have only five or ten minutes to describe yourself. Practice this method several times and you will be able to sift through only significant facts about your life. This technique will also help you demonstrate the ability to think logically. Colleges sought for authentic ideas and high-level thinking skills.
We strongly believe that these tips will unlock your writing talent. Go to another paragraph to learn how to make nice with the admission committee.
What an admission committee expects
Admission counsellors wish the essay were different. So if you use sample essays from the Internet, do not copy them. Colleges receive loads of similar essays written with the help of Google. Examples are ok only in those situations when you want to learn how to format and structure your paper and are useless as for their contents. A good technique to write a paper that sets you apart is to imagine that you are talking to a new friend of yours about your interests, experience and plans for the future. It will work better than ready-made texts.
Supposing that, you managed to convince the readers that you are a second-to-none individual. But that is not enough to hear a wished-for respond “accepted”. The goal of all colleges is to choose a student who will be able to graduate successfully. They expect your academic achievements will contribute to the university success on the whole. Like parents are proud of their children, colleges boast of their students and have high hopes for their capability to make the college life better. That is why they look for those who are passionate about studies, persistent and ready to participate in college life. They are willing to see an erudite able to think critically, make thoughtful decisions and study with curiosity.
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
Your essay is also a demonstration of your diligence. That means you have to follow the instructions given by college officers. They will highly appreciate your efforts to meet their requirements so try hard to make them see that you are a responsible and responsive person.
While writing your personal paper, make sure that you have described every specific aspect of your life. Finishing a paragraph, ask yourself “What else do they need to hear from me?” In this way, you will not miss essential details. Most admission committees simply have no time to dig facts about you. You personally decide what to include in your essay and only you determine what is worth mentioning.
An admission paper serves as a brief presentation of your thinking abilities, outlook and best qualities. It provides a perspective of who you are able to be and what you are going to do for your further development.
What to avoid
Writing an entrance paper is hard because you do not know your readers well. It is also difficult to sort out the things that really matter among numerous stories from your life. Writing is stressful as applicants are always too critical about their language. Therefore, they have to redo their essays again and again. But it does not mean that you should start panicking because of those things.
You will be able to write smoothly and to the point if you organize the writing process from the beginning to the end.
There are two main things to be done before writing – first is to brainstorm ideas and second is to design an outline.
Once you have focused on particular ideas and outlined the essay, you have to know what can make your admission paper weak. To avoid numerous rewritings, we highly recommend learning these what-not-to-use rules:
- Do not write long words. If there is a chance to replace a syllabub composed phrase into a simple one, do it without hesitation.
- Cut out the words that make no sense. Take them out of the statement and see if it is still meaningful without them. If yes, get rid of them.
- Do not use the stylistic devices that you do not know well. The papers with lots of similes, metaphors, hyperboles and others figurative words will look unnatural. Please remember that you are presenting yourself and not writing a novel.
- Do not make the sentences passive. Active voice is much better for those who want their essay to show your personal features.
- Forget about jargon words, scientific terms and foreign phrases as not every reader can figure out what you mean.
- Do not repeat facts. When applying to a college, a student has to provide lots of documents including certificates, exam scores, school records, testimonial letters, etc. Every paper contains certain information and therefore there is no need to say things twice.
These are basic tips to follow. However, sometimes breaking rules can help write creatively.
What we advise
This section contains encouraging words on how to present you in the right way.
The formula of a splendid essay has the following components:
- Creativity. Do not interchange the notion of creativity with obscure and undisciplined writing. To compose the essay creatively means to be interesting, not dull, to use your voice, not clichés, to describe things as you see, not as they are observed by others.
- Sincerity. This is what is much appreciated by the readers. Be yourself and talk honestly about your personality, successes and failures, bad experiences and achievements. Remember that only sincere words will sound powerful.
- Moderation. Keep from talking about exotic things, puffed up words and far-fetched topics.
- Brevity. Write simple sentences. Express the ideas concisely and logically.
- Flawlessness. Edit and proofread the paper more than once. Ask your teacher or parent to check the essay for grammar and spelling mistakes. The paper which is not edited properly has slight chances to be accepted.
Writing this guideline we did our best to explain why go to college essay is extremely important for those people who want to continue education. To summarize, we should say that a personal essay is a key to your new university classroom. Make this key appropriately by following our advice and it will open the door to your dream college.
The authors do hope that this article was useful for you and from then you will be able to conquer an impressive personal statement. If no, look through more why go to college essay advice on our website.
We have always been committed to writing and have gained huge experience providing all sorts of papers to everyone in need. Our team consists of competent editorialists, researchers, journalists and essayists ready to write a paper for you. We are waiting for your email, call or online request to start writing passionately and scrupulously.
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
- 1 – page abstract
- VIP Support
- Expedited delivery
- Essay outline
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay