Tutors may give you many different types of assignments, and even though you have already written plenty of them, you may still encounter certain problems with creating certain academic papers. If you need to write a research proposal introduction, you may find it a really difficult task. In order to make sure that you will be able to create a good piece of writing, you should spend some time learning as much information as possible on that.
The very first thing that you should do is to learn what research proposal is and how to write it. This will make it easy for you to create a good introduction for your academic paper.
What is a research proposal?
Let’s start with figuring out what a research proposal is. The main goal of this type of an academic paper is to explain the need to study a problem or issue and propose the practical ways in which the study should be conducted. The requirements for a search proposal may differ from one discipline to another.
Your proposal should contain all of the key elements needed for designing a research study, with sufficient information allowing your readers to assess the usefulness and validity of it.
A research proposal does not include the findings of the study and the analysis of the results. You should keep in mind that your proposal will be evaluated based on the quality of your writing, and that is why it is important that your writing is clear, understood, and consistent.
- What do you want to accomplish? You should be clear in defining the research problem and what it is that you are proposing to research;
- Why do you want to do it? You should go through different sources of information to provide enough pieces of evidence that the problem you have chosen is worthy of attention;
- How are you going to do it? You should make sure that all you offer can be implemented.
- Failure to cite works in your literature review;
- Failure to be concise;
- Failure to develop a persuasive argument for the proposed research;
- Failure to be focused on the research problem, meaning going off on unrelated issues;
- Poor grammar;
- A lot of details on a minor issue, but lack of enough details on the main issue.
- Develop their skills in thinking and designing a comprehensive research study;
- Learn how to go through different sources of literature to ensure that a research problem has not already been answered yet, or you believe that the problem has not been answered properly;
- Improve your research and writing skills;
- Identify the steps that must be taken in order to accomplish research goals;
- Review, examine and consider using different methods for collecting and analyzing information related to the research problem.
How to begin writing the proposal?
The length of a search proposal is about 10-25 pages, depending on a topic. First of all, you should make sure that everything is clear for you, and if you have any questions, you should contact your tutor in order to clarify all of the uncertain matters.
- How does it build upon research already conducted on the topic?
- Why is the topic important?
- What do I want to study?
- What problems will it help solve?
- How to plan my time to complete this assignment on time?
It would be good if you can collect several samples of a research proposal and check them out. This is how you can get a clear understanding of what your writing should like.
What is the structure of a research proposal?
- Background and significance;
- Literature review;
- Research design and methods;
- Preliminary suppositions and implications;
- What is the main research problem?
- What methods should be used for analyzing the research problem?
- Why is this research important?
Although the introduction is the beginning of your paper, sometimes it may be hard to write it right away. In this case, you can simply complete the remaining sections, which will help you to write your introduction. That is why it is also important to know how to write the other parts of your proposal.
Background and significance
This section can be part of your introduction, or you can create it as a separate section, where you should explain the context of your research proposal and describe why it is important. You should keep in mind the fact that the readers of this paper do not know about your research as much as you do.
- It should have more detailed reasons for your study than that written in the introduction;
- Describe the major problems or issues to be addressed by your research;
- Provide the information on how you are going to conduct your research. You should identify the main sources that you are going to use and explain how exactly they contribute to the analysis of the topic;
- Set the boundaries of your research to provide a clear focus;
- If there is a need, you should provide definitions of key terms or concepts.
This section is dedicated to determining what has been explored already. Think about what questions other researchers have asked, what methods they have used, and how do you understand their findings, as well as their recommendations. You can challenge the conclusions of prior research if there is a need for this. Identify if there is something missing in the previous findings. It is important that this section is properly structured to allow readers to follow your key arguments.
- Compare different theories, arguments, findings, and methodologies found in the literature. Identify what different authors agree on. Find out who applies the same approaches to analyzing the research problem;
- Cite, which is important for finding your sources of information;
- Contrast different themes, arguments, approaches, methodologies, and controversies found in the literature. What authors disagree about? Do they use different methodologies in their research?
- Critique the literature. Identify, which of the arguments are more persuasive and provide reasons for that. Which methodologies, findings, approaches, you consider valid, most reliable, and appropriate, and explain why. It is important to pay your attention to the verbs that you use (an author says, asserts, does, argues, demonstrates, etc.);
- Connect the literature to your own research and investigation. Explain how your work departs from, synthesizes, or adds a new perspective to what has been found in the literature.
Research design and methods
You should write this section well and logically organize it because, though, you are not doing research yet, your reader should make sure that it isreally worth their attention. Your main goal here is to convince your readers that your research design and the chosen methods of analysis will correctly address the problem. You can describe the research design by providing examples from your review of the literature. You should consider methods used by other researchers and those that could have been used but was not. You should be clear and specific about the approaches that you plan to undertake in order to obtain information, as well as the techniques that you would like to use for analyzing the data.
Preliminary suppositions and implications
The main purpose of this section is to explain how your research will impact existing knowledge in the subject area. This section should not include idle opinions or be formulated based on unclear pieces of evidence. It has to explain how your research will contribute to an understanding of the research problem if the study is implemented as designed.
- Why is the study so important?
- What is the specific purpose of the study?
- Why are the chosen methods correct?
- References. Here you should make a list of the literature that you used or cited in your proposal;
- Bibliography. Here you should list everything you cited or used in your proposal, with additional citations to any sources relevant to understanding the research problem.
How to ensure the best quality of your work?
When you have a draft of your paper, you should carefully check it. You will need to go through your text several times to eliminate different types of issues in your research proposal. First of all, you should check your writing for consistency. Make sure that the paragraphs are logically organized and that your work is written in the clear English language.
It is good if you can ask someone to check your work and tell their opinion about it. You can also order the services of our professional editors, who can check out your research proposal to make sure that it is written in an attention-capturing, clear, and informative manner.
It is also important to make sure that your work does not have any grammar mistakes. It is not that easy to find all errors in your own work, and that is why you should conduct this check separately. It is possible to use different software for checking your grammar, word choices, etc., but if you want to ensure the best result, you can order proofreading service from us. Our experienced proofreaders will gladly help you out with this important task.
Why should you use professional writing services?
Sometimes, you simply have not enough time for writing your academic papers. There may also be other reasons why you cannot complete your assignment, but the result is the same — anxiety, sleepless nights, low grades, etc. There is a simple way to avoid all of the problems by contacting our professional writing company. We have been providing our quality services for many years, and we have a large team of experienced, qualified, and responsible writers who will be glad to help you out with any assignment, including writing an introduction and other sections for your research proposal.
We are proud of offering our quality writing services at affordable prices, which allows students of different educational institutions to find the helping hand when they need it.
- Reasonable prices;
- Professional writers;
- Convenient and quick ordering process;
- High-quality papers without plagiarism written from scratch;
- Friendly and responsive customer support.
Please, contact us if you have any questions about our services, and we will gladly help you out.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay