In general, students don’t like writing research papers, especially if they are quite long. 2-page essays are more approachable and accessible than 10-page academic assignments. That’s why you may feel stuck and ask one common question: how to write a 10 page research paper? This type of writing not only challenges your writing skills, but also your communication skills, attention span, and organizational techniques. Many students feel overwhelmed when getting this assignment from teachers, especially if they aren’t comfortable with academic writing at all. A research paper is not a typical literary essay because it’s a probing and complex document that requires more dedication, skills, and forethought.
Research in academic writing
Any research paper is a popular form of academic writing composed by college and high-school students. Usually, it’s between 5-15 pages long, but if you’re assigned to write a 10-page paper, be sure to stick to this requirement. Research paper writing requires you to do the following:
- Find reliable information about the chosen topic, which means conducting your in-depth research;
- Take a stand on this subject;
- Provide enough support and evidence for your position in an organized manner.
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
A research paper may also refer to the scholarly article containing the results of your evaluation of the research done by other people or the results of your original research. Find out how to write the best paper on 10 pages.
Quantitative and qualitative research
Often, a distinction between both research types is framed in terms of using close-end questions instead of the open-ended ones or using words instead of numbers. However, a better way to view their differences is through the basic assumptions brought by you to a certain study.
Qualitative research is an effective way to understand and explore the meaning ascribed to a particular problem. The process of your research should involve such important elements as:
- The data gathered in specific settings;
- Emerging procedures and questions;
- Your interpretations of the meaning of relevant data;
- Your data analysis from particulars to overall themes.
Quantitative research is a useful tool to test specific objective theories by examining existing relationships between variables. In turn, they can be measured so that numbers data can be easily analyzed through effective statistical procedures.
Mixed research is a common approach to the inquiry that associated or combined both quantitative and qualitative types. Basically, this method involves the following:
- The use of both quantitative and qualitative approaches;
- Philosophical assumptions;
- The mixing of both research methods in your study.
How to write and edit 10-page research papers
Use a list of helpful and appropriate steps that will lead you towards successfully tackling lengthy and difficult research papers. They will also help you write a complex 10-page assignment with relative ease.
The basic elements of your paper
First, write both concluding and introductory paragraphs. Many students consider them the simplest and least time-consuming step. Another benefit is that writing both sections in conjunction will guarantee that they’re related to each other. There’s nothing worse than reading a research paper with a concluding paragraph that is entirely different or contradictory to its introduction.
Outline the main body where you need to provide the audience with enough support for a thesis, statement, or response identified in an introductory paragraph. Use a brief outline to organize all important thoughts effectively and fill them with as much reasoning and support as possible because you need to submit a 10-page paper after all.
Review and format everything accordingly
Format your research paper correctly, and most writing assignments are supposed to be written in 12-point font and double-spaced. The good news is that this standard rule can help you write 10 pages faster without deviating from your assigned format.
Review your research paper for its length and correction. When editing it, look for all tiny mistakes and revise all sentences to improve their clarity because you want your assignment to be as readable and clear as possible. Inconsistent ideas and jumbled sentences ruin the clarity of research papers, so get rid of them. Make your draft flow smoothly from one argument to another. If you find your paper shorter than needed, see whether you can expound on former ideas or input more supporting facts.
Helpful research writing clues
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
- Assignment guidelines: ensure that the chosen topic falls within the limits of approach and subject set by teachers;
- Time: look for the topic that you can both write about and research within assigned deadlines;
- Your interests: find the subject that really interests you or you’re familiar with;
- Adequate resources: make sure that you can find enough sources of information on the chosen topic (both secondary and primary) to determine if it’s worth pursuing.
The key to submitting a lengthy research paper successfully
A 10-page research paper assignment may seem intimidating and scary to students. You can make it less confusing and more manageable if you break it down into smaller parts. The main key to submitting this academic assignment successfully is starting completing it early. There are different reasons why this simple technique proves to be very effective, including:
- Other students may take the best sources for a given topic or you may need more time to locate them;
- You should have enough time to polish, edit, and rewrite your research paper to improve its content and style;
- It always takes time to read relevant sources of information and write useful note cards;
- If you wait until the last moment, you may not find adequate information to support your thesis or argument.
The importance of having a detailed timeline
You need to have a detailed timeline to help you get the necessary number of pages when writing a research paper. The main clue to writing a lengthy assignment of this type is dividing it into different stages. It’s necessary to establish your general overview and identify a few subtopics. Besides, you need to consider the entire writing process as a cycle and alternate researching, revising, writing, and reordering. Revisit every subtopic to insert your worthy analysis and arrange all paragraphs in the right order during final stages. Cite any information that isn’t common knowledge.
How to develop a helpful timeline for your research paper
You should start this process a few days or even weeks before this assignment is due to achieve the best results. First, understand your 10-page assignment completely and get your general knowledge about the chosen subject by reading reliable sources. Look for good books about it and take notes when reading them using special index cards. Write a few cards containing paraphrases data and well-indicated quotes.
Write a brief overview of your given topic and use books and other relevant sources. Include all page numbers for the information that you use in your research paper. Choose a few interesting ideas that can serves as great subtopics of your chosen subject. Focus on a few key points that you want to write about, and they can be everything relevant to your topic, including:
- Important events;
- Influential people;
- Geographical information;
- Historical backgrounds.
Find relevant sources, such as articles, to address all subtopics. Read them attentively to find the most useful and reliable information and write more note cards. You should be careful when indicating source names and page numbers to format your research paper correctly. If you think that these sources don’t provide enough information for your assignment, check their bibliographies to gather more data. Go to a local library when needed.
Write a few pages for each subtopic and arrange them all in a logical manner. Once you find the right sequence that makes sense, you can start writing a final draft. You shouldn’t delete anything at this stage because you may want to back come to specific ideas later. It’s advisable to break up an original overview and insert its parts into subtopic paragraphs.
Write a few strong sentences to analyze every subtopic of your research paper to get a clear idea of its main focus. After that, you need to state your preliminary thesis and fill in transitional paragraphs to let its final draft flow smoothly.
How to structure research paper paragraphs
The structure of lengthy research papers may seem very stiff. That’s because it serves a certain purpose, which is helping others information they’re looking for easily and helping you structure all ideas and facts logically. 10-page research papers must have the following basic structure:
- A catchy title that introduces your subject in a few words;
- The abstract the allows readers to fast evaluate the main content of your research paper and decide whether it’s worth reading other sections;
- A good introductory paragraph that usually consists of a few distinct parts, such as an overall presentation of a particular research issue, your position, and the goal if your entire project;
- Methodology is a simple run-down of the exact methods used to conduct your research;
- The results section is a presentation of results and data or a broader discussion of trends (everything depends on the type of research);
- Discussions is where you need to elaborate on important findings while explaining them and adding personal interpretations;
- A concluding paragraph is where you relate your findings with other relevant research studies and build on your discussion;
- A reference list is all about documenting all the sources used to for your research paper, and you need to write it according to a particular format indicated in assignment prompts.
Addition research paper parts
Some 10-page research papers may have additional parts, which are acceptable to include according to certain scientific standards
- Table of contents (it’s placed either after or before your abstract);
- Acknowledgements (you can write it either before an abstract or at the end of your research paper);
- Different appendices that come after other parts.
How to fix technical issues
Many students keep struggling with in-text citations when writing their lengthy research papers. Although academic standards may differ, in-text citations are not hard to master. The most common referencing standards include MLA and APA requirements. For example, some assignment prompts allow you to include footnotes, while others forbid them. Students often want to include figures and tables in the text. You should read formatting standards because they may prohibit you from entering them directly in the text.
The importance of effective editing
It can be quite hard to revise your 10-page research paper after spending a lot of time on writing it. That’s why you should make a short break before proofreading and editing a final copy. When editing it, ask a few basic questions to submit a perfect draft and earn good marks:
- Is your main argument logical enough?
- Is your grammar correct?
- Can you see any typos in the text?
- Do you use only full sentences?
- Does a concluding paragraph support a thesis?
- Are all sources cited correctly?
- Does one paragraph flow smoothly into the next?
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay