In general, students don’t like writing research papers,especially if they are quite long. 2-page essays are moreapproachable and accessible than 10-page academic assignments.That’s why you may feel stuck and ask one common question: how towrite a 10 page research paper? This type of writing not onlychallenges your writing skills, but also your communicationskills, attention span, and organizational techniques. Manystudents feel overwhelmed when getting this assignment fromteachers, especially if they aren’t comfortable with academicwriting at all. A research paper is not a typical literary essaybecause it’s a probing and complex document that requires morededication, skills, and forethought.
Research in academic writing
Any research paper is a popular form of academic writing composedby college and high-school students. Usually, it’s between 5-15pages long, but if you’re assigned to write a 10-page paper, besure to stick to this requirement. Research paper writingrequires you to do the following:
- Find reliable information about the chosen topic, which meansconducting your in-depth research;
- Take a stand on this subject;
- Provide enough support and evidence for your position in anorganized manner.
A research paper may also refer to the scholarly articlecontaining the results of your evaluation of the research done byother people or the results of your original research. Find outhow to write the best paper on 10 pages.
Quantitative and qualitative research
Often, a distinction between both research types is framed interms of using close-end questions instead of the open-ended onesor using words instead of numbers. However, a better way to viewtheir differences is through the basic assumptions brought by youto a certain study.
Qualitative research is an effective way to understand andexplore the meaning ascribed to a particular problem. The processof your research should involve such important elements as:
- The data gathered in specific settings;
- Emerging procedures and questions;
- Your interpretations of the meaning of relevant data;
- Your data analysis from particulars to overall themes.
Quantitative research is a useful tool to test specific objectivetheories by examining existing relationships between variables.In turn, they can be measured so that numbers data can be easilyanalyzed through effective statistical procedures.
Mixed research is a common approach to the inquiry thatassociated or combined both quantitative and qualitative types.Basically, this method involves the following:
- The use of both quantitative and qualitative approaches;
- Philosophical assumptions;
- The mixing of both research methods in your study.
How to write and edit 10-page research papers
Use a list of helpful and appropriate steps that will lead youtowards successfully tackling lengthy and difficult researchpapers. They will also help you write a complex 10-pageassignment with relative ease.
The basic elements of your paper
First, write both concluding and introductory paragraphs. Manystudents consider them the simplest and least time-consumingstep. Another benefit is that writing both sections inconjunction will guarantee that they’re related to each other.There’s nothing worse than reading a research paper with aconcluding paragraph that is entirely different or contradictoryto its introduction.
Outline the main body where you need to provide the audience withenough support for a thesis, statement, or response identified inan introductory paragraph. Use a brief outline to organize allimportant thoughts effectively and fill them with as muchreasoning and support as possible because you need to submit a10-page paper after all.
Review and format everything accordingly
Format your research paper correctly, and most writingassignments are supposed to be written in 12-point font anddouble-spaced. The good news is that this standard rule can helpyou write 10 pages faster without deviating from your assignedformat.
Review your research paper for its length and correction. Whenediting it, look for all tiny mistakes and revise all sentencesto improve their clarity because you want your assignment to beas readable and clear as possible. Inconsistent ideas and jumbledsentences ruin the clarity of research papers, so get rid ofthem. Make your draft flow smoothly from one argument to another.If you find your paper shorter than needed, see whether you canexpound on former ideas or input more supporting facts.
Helpful research writing clues
- Assignment guidelines: ensure that the chosen topic fallswithin the limits of approach and subject set by teachers;
- Time: look for the topic that you can both write about andresearch within assigned deadlines;
- Your interests: find the subject that really interests you oryou’re familiar with;
- Adequate resources: make sure that you can find enoughsources of information on the chosen topic (both secondary andprimary) to determine if it’s worth pursuing.
The key to submitting a lengthy research paper successfully
A 10-page research paper assignment may seem intimidating andscary to students. You can make it less confusing and moremanageable if you break it down into smaller parts. The main keyto submitting this academic assignment successfully is startingcompleting it early. There are different reasons why this simpletechnique proves to be very effective, including:
- Other students may take the best sources for a given topic oryou may need more time to locate them;
- You should have enough time to polish, edit, and rewrite yourresearch paper to improve its content and style;
- It always takes time to read relevant sources of informationand write useful note cards;
- If you wait until the last moment, you may not find adequateinformation to support your thesis or argument.
The importance of having a detailed timeline
You need to have a detailed timeline to help you get thenecessary number of pages when writing a research paper. The mainclue to writing a lengthy assignment of this type is dividing itinto different stages. It’s necessary to establish your generaloverview and identify a few subtopics. Besides, you need toconsider the entire writing process as a cycle and alternateresearching, revising, writing, and reordering. Revisit everysubtopic to insert your worthy analysis and arrange allparagraphs in the right order during final stages. Cite anyinformation that isn’t common knowledge.
How to develop a helpful timeline for your research paper
You should start this process a few days or even weeks beforethis assignment is due to achieve the best results. First,understand your 10-page assignment completely and get yourgeneral knowledge about the chosen subject by reading reliablesources. Look for good books about it and take notes when readingthem using special index cards. Write a few cards containingparaphrases data and well-indicated quotes.
Write a brief overview of your given topic and use books andother relevant sources. Include all page numbers for theinformation that you use in your research paper. Choose a fewinteresting ideas that can serves as great subtopics of yourchosen subject. Focus on a few key points that you want to writeabout, and they can be everything relevant to your topic,including:
- Important events;
- Influential people;
- Geographical information;
- Historical backgrounds.
Find relevant sources, such as articles, to address allsubtopics. Read them attentively to find the most useful andreliable information and write more note cards. You should becareful when indicating source names and page numbers to formatyour research paper correctly. If you think that these sourcesdon’t provide enough information for your assignment, check theirbibliographies to gather more data. Go to a local library whenneeded.
Write a few pages for each subtopic and arrange them all in alogical manner. Once you find the right sequence that makessense, you can start writing a final draft. You shouldn’t deleteanything at this stage because you may want to back come tospecific ideas later. It’s advisable to break up an originaloverview and insert its parts into subtopic paragraphs.
Write a few strong sentences to analyze every subtopic of yourresearch paper to get a clear idea of its main focus. After that,you need to state your preliminary thesis and fill intransitional paragraphs to let its final draft flow smoothly.
How to structure research paper paragraphs
The structure of lengthy research papers may seem very stiff.That’s because it serves a certain purpose, which is helpingothers information they’re looking for easily and helping youstructure all ideas and facts logically. 10-page research papersmust have the following basic structure:
- A catchy title that introduces your subject in a few words;
- The abstract the allows readers to fast evaluate the maincontent of your research paper and decide whether it’s worthreading other sections;
- A good introductory paragraph that usually consists of a fewdistinct parts, such as an overall presentation of a particularresearch issue, your position, and the goal if your entireproject;
- Methodology is a simple run-down of the exact methods used toconduct your research;
- The results section is a presentation of results and data ora broader discussion of trends (everything depends on the type ofresearch);
- Discussions is where you need to elaborate on importantfindings while explaining them and adding personalinterpretations;
- A concluding paragraph is where you relate your findings withother relevant research studies and build on your discussion;
- A reference list is all about documenting all the sourcesused to for your research paper, and you need to write itaccording to a particular format indicated in assignment prompts.
Addition research paper parts
Some 10-page research papers may have additional parts, which areacceptable to include according to certain scientific standards
- Table of contents (it’s placed either after or before yourabstract);
- Acknowledgements (you can write it either before an abstractor at the end of your research paper);
- Different appendices that come after other parts.
How to fix technical issues
Many students keep struggling with in-text citations when writingtheir lengthy research papers. Although academic standards maydiffer, in-text citations are not hard to master. The most commonreferencing standards include MLA and APA requirements. Forexample, some assignment prompts allow you to include footnotes,while others forbid them. Students often want to include figuresand tables in the text. You should read formatting standardsbecause they may prohibit you from entering them directly in thetext.
The importance of effective editing
It can be quite hard to revise your 10-page research paper afterspending a lot of time on writing it. That’s why you should makea short break before proofreading and editing a final copy. Whenediting it, ask a few basic questions to submit a perfect draftand earn good marks:
- Is your main argument logical enough?
- Is your grammar correct?
- Can you see any typos in the text?
- Do you use only full sentences?
- Does a concluding paragraph support a thesis?
- Are all sources cited correctly?
- Does one paragraph flow smoothly into the next?
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)