An important part of every admission process is writing a personal statement or an entrance college essay. Colleges need this type of essay to select among hundreds of applicants whose academic results are similar. That is why students applying to a college have to know that excellent exam scores are only one criterion taken into account by strict admission officers. Such selectivity is necessary because every college wants only best students in a class.
So trust us when we say that you should take the trouble to present yourself to the best advantage. Almost always a brilliant admission essay turns to be a determinative factor for a college to accept you.
An entrance paper has two goals. One is to demonstrate your ability to follow the prompt. A prompt is a kind of instruction given to the applicants to help them go through the application process smoothly. However, its major purpose is to discover whether a school leaver values their college or not. Another goal is to identify your aspirations towards studying in their college.
Let’s have a closer look at what they want to see in the admission essay. Your essay should reveal the following:
- Your intentions and goals
- Your strong and weak sides
- Your abilities such as critical thinking, learning skills, the level of your communicative and interpersonal skills, the basic understanding of the advising profession, etc.
- Your capability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize the information
- Your ableness to follow instructions and knowledge of admission requirements
- Your readiness to get new knowledge and participate in the college life
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
A word about college admission papers
Without moralizing on the topic “Why is college important essay?” we have collected essential facts about admission papers that will allow you better understand how to design a matchless essay.
When composing an admission essay we advise to consider these common prompts:
- Length of a paper (commonly 250- 300 words)
- Topic choice (you may focus on different things – a person influenced your life, your school experiences, your reasons for entering this educational institution, your future career goals)
- Essay Resources
- Online grammar and plagiarism checkers
- You will need them to proofread your essay. It is better to use paid services as they provide more guarantees. However, you should also seek help from senior college students or family members.
- Essay content
- The content of the entrance paper depends on the prompt suggested by the college. Generally, you are asked to tell about your school and life experiences. Some admission bodies want you to speak about your extra-curricular activities and hobbies with the reflection on how they have influenced your personal development. We would recommend you to cover both – your academic experience and participation in the life of your community because colleges prefer to see many-sided students who have explored a variety of after-school activities.
- The tone of the paper
- Honesty is the thing which is highly valued by the admission officers. They have been reading students’ essays for such a long time that it is easy for them to recognize who misrepresents their achievements. So it is very important to keep a balance when selling yourself as a potential college student. Another thing you should do in your essay is to demonstrate humility and modesty. Do not overplay your achievements as well as do not self-praise too much.
- Grammar and spelling
- It is evident to anyone that a good paper should be flawless. Students tend to focus on the content forgetting about basic writing rules. As for the admission officers, they also pay more attention to the meaningfulness of the essay; however, they will not be satisfied with a paper full of grammar, spelling and other mistakes. An applicant with a non-proofread paper has slim prospects to be accepted.
A checklist for a great entrance paper
The questions below will help you self-check the essay and craft it in the best possible way. It is essential to answer them while you are writing.
Q.1: Does my story fit into the college community?
Different schools look for different students. Some tend to choose creative personalities, some value scientific slant of the applicants, some are enthusiastic about students with high level of culture, and some need people who can care about the community. Therefore, in your essay, you should emphasize the facts they want to hear, of course, presenting false information is not an option. You should not necessarily have this or that quality, the good choice is to show that you are willing to fit their interests and you are committed to contributing to the university as much as possible.
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
Q2: Does my paper sound like someone else wrote it?
Today many students ask a teacher or a parent to write an essay for them. It is a killer decision as an admission officer can easily distinguish between an adult and young person’s style even if it sounds impressive. Use your own voice and ask for a helping hand only when you have finished the paper. Surely, little professional assistance will be useful.
Q3: Is my essay authentic?
Let us repeat the key idea for a successful essay, which is being yourself when telling your story. Readers want to feel, smell and touch your world. Meet their expectations and your essay will be interesting.
Q4: Does it look different from the rest of papers?
The best tool to make it compelling is to fill it with mini-stories, anecdotes, dialogues or quotes. They have a power to make a paper fun, fresh and unique. Thus, you will kill two birds with one stone – set the essay apart and show your creativity.
Q5: Does my paper tell about my future perspectives?
Make sure to point out the fact that the college you are applying to is what you need to have a good job or to receive the first-rate qualification that other institutions cannot provide. They will see that their college is not your random choice and you really know who they are.
Fundamental rules for college admission papers
Despite there are numerous useful guidelines and articles telling why is college important essay, a great majority of intended candidates keep on making the same errors.
Let’s recap what you should do and should avoid in your admission paper. Stunning entrance essays are made by those who follow these rules:
- Do not make your essay look like a resume or CV.
- Use only relevant anecdotes.
- Start and finish your paper strong.
- Care about the word choice. Don’t give much effort to sounding like Shakespeare or a noble scientist. You are just beginning to conquer the world and the admission committee understands it well.
- Do not mash all the facts together. It would be reasonable if you choose several important events or experiences to speak about.
Expert observations and assistance
In today's world admission counsellors share their impressions about college application essays everywhere. They never tire of repeating what most colleges want to understand from students' essays:
- What are your angles? How do they correspond to the college interests?
- What is your ideal learning?
- Are you able to make progress in studies and how quick can you achieve results?
- Why have you chosen this college?
- Are you familiar with the college traditions and student communities?
- Is there something in your personality that matches some college policies?
- Are you ready to live an active life on a campus?
- How can the college contribute to your future success?
- What would you take up after entering the college – volunteering, internships, exchange academic programs, extracurricular activities, sport, etc?
Skilled authors working at our writing essay service have seen lots of admission and other sorts of papers. We have collected their sayings as to the questions “Why is college important essay?”
- A good essay may decide your fate.
- An admission paper must be started as early as possible.
- It will be perfect if you visit the college of your dream before writing an essay.
- Do not specify every detail of your past school life, like location, grades, names, etc. However, you'd better mention by name the teachers, classes, clubs of your future place of studies.
Terrific papers are only here. We will tell your story as it is expected by your college admission body and polish your paper for all errors.
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
- 1 – page abstract
- VIP Support
- Expedited delivery
- Essay outline
How to ...
We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)