Part One - Paperwork for a child minding business
Clear documentation is vital, as it is an area that gets inspection from Ofsted. Ofsted is the impartial regulatory body for academic institutions (including child attention providers delivering the first years foundation level curriculum) that accounts directly to the federal government.
- Criminal records bureau check (CRB)- this will check a person for any police records or convictions that may be organised against their name. CRB is the first piece of documentation that needs to be registered in the documentation toolkit. A CRB check is essential for just about any adult which will be looking after children within the childcare setting up.
- Child record form- this provides a snapshot of vital information associated with the child being looked after and you will be the first form reached regarding an emergency. This form will include, child's name, D. O. B, address, parent/carers treat and contact details, child's doctors brands and contact details, 2 crisis contacts, health background, immunisations, allergies, diet requirements, medical ailments, religious beliefs (if appropriate) and every other relevant information.
- Child information record book- this is an essential little bit of documentary data required by Ofsted, it documents daily the various activities a kid has completed, food they have got eaten, variety of nappies changes (if applicable) and any other relevant information associated with the child that occurs throughout the day. The book is usually used home daily or each week by the parent or guardian so they can see what activities the youngster has been participating in during the day and what learning has occurred. The record book can also become a way of communication for non-urgent items between your father or mother and child care and attention provider.
- Childcare agreement forms- this provides the contract between your parent and the childcare company. The child care agreement sets out essential information including the child's contact details, mother or father/guardian information, start time frame, hours and days the child will be participating, details of collection from the setting up and charge information (including any retainer fees that may be payable).
- Accident record and incident forms- the accident form gives a detailed account from the car accident that has occurred, where it just happened, labels of any men and women who observed the accident, type of first aid that was presented with at that time (if appropriate), this should also include the time frame, name and personal of the person who completed the form. It will also include a section for the child's father or mother to sign to verify they have read the record and are aware of the crash. The incident form is nearly the same as the crash form, it can be used to give information on anything that may result in the kid becoming upset and distressed ex girlfriend or boyfriend, a child may be using a family feline and become scratched. The incident form is usually to be completed and signed exactly like the accident form and read and agreed upon by the father or mother.
- Existing accidents form- an existing injuries form can be used to document any accidents, (bruise or slice) which a child may turn up with. Both childcare service provider and the mother or father should sign the form. These could be completed in the setting before the session starts or issued to parents in advanced.
- Fire and safety form- this is utilized to provide details if the right evacuation process from the environment in case of a fireplace breaking out. All children being looked after should be regularly subjected to a practice hearth drill the times of the drill and children involved should be recorded, dated and authorized in the open fire safe practices form.
- Vehicle records and parent agreement to visit in a vehicle- this form should contain information regarding signed up and insured vehicles that are to be used for the purpose of childcare. These vehicles should have appropriate insurance cover and records about who is insured and authorized to dive the kids around. Aswell as the automobile record, it is necessary to obtain a authorized form from a mother or father giving permission for his or her child to be carried in their childcare provision listed vehicles. This may be for regular vacations t a playgroup, the park or an organised outing.
- Prescription and non-prescription medical record credit card- this may either be incorporated into the child's record or detailed separately. It will contain information on prescription and non-prescription medicines the child may need implemented by the childcare supplier. It should detail the name of the medication, dose and rate of recurrence it ought to be administered. The childcare provision should obtain written authorization from the father or mother for each medication to be given to their child. Every time it is given it ought to be recorded in the form. This procedure should also be completed for non-prescription medication that a child requires, as arranged with the mother or father. The parent should also detail under what circumstances the medication should get.
- Outings and consent varieties- there are 2 different typed of consent forms which may be required for documenting small journeys and pre-planned greater scale trips. An application including clauses that aspect the types of outings a kid can continue can be used; this form could include permission statements for journeys on public transportation, ft. , carer's cars or any other car (e. g. carers friends car). This form should be signed by the mother or father and held in the child's file. Furthermore form another form may be required for larger outings, or for the ones that may require financial contribution from the father or mother.
- Financial forms- record of payment, invoice, receipt- as well as the assortment of forms already discussed, there are three necessary financial forms for saving financial details associated with the house child health care business. Record of repayment of fees- used to track record fee obligations by the parent or guardian. The childcare professional signs to state that the payments by the parent or guardian have been received. There could be occasions when a receipt can be used for other purposes, educational products purchased from the childcare service provider.
- Record of complaint- any claims may be required to be shared with parents, Ofsted and possibly other companies. Therefore, it is rather important that the grievances form is completed accurately, and right after the complaint is made therefore the information is accurate. The next section should contain information on the complaint in full. The following portions should go to detail the way the complaint was handled, along with any action that was considered. The child company should ten sign and date the proper execution. With regards to the nature of issue, it could be necessary to refer it to Ofsted, particularly if an allegation f serious harm or abuse is made.
Part Two - Activities that activate children developmentally
Play can be an essential part of a child development, and there are many activities that can be done to enhance the introduction of a child, intellectually, socially and bodily.
Depending on the area available, there are many different options for incorporating physical development activities into a child's day; for example, missing is an excellent physical development activity as it promotes co-ordination and power. Physical development activities also help promote a healthy living and exercise.
Physical development also helps to create a child's gross-motor skills; gross-motor skills make reference to the big physical movements made by a child or baby, such as crawling, rolling and walking.
Additional activities that enhance physical development of gross-motor skills are tossing or capturing a ball; this develops hand eyeball co-ordination, buttoning a shirt; this helps to build up balance skills, and hopscotch; this can help to build up jumping and keeping track of skills.
Fine-motor skills involve dexterity and fine control of muscle moves such as, writing, attracting, using a blade and fork and doing up clothing. Fine-motor skills need a child to utilize exact and well-controlled activities; there are extensive activities that can be used to build up these skills such as a dressing up box.
There is a variety of multi-sensory toys to develop a baby's fine-motor skills from around 9months. Gadgets that may be squeezed to make a noise, or finger foods are well suited for a baby's hands attention co-ordination.
At about 12months, a newborn will like to drop objects such as gadgets. A fantastic toy to possess is a condition sorter; infants love the shiny colours and can love the audio of the patterns dropping in to the sorter. Fine-motor skills are used as the infant picked up each shape, establishes where it should go and turning it until it drops in to the sorter.
For toddlers up to about 24months, the range of fine-motor skill activities changes. An excellent addition to the home or environment is a dressing box. Toddlers enjoy dressing and undressing; and a dressing up box helps to encourage fine-motor skills with the various fastenings that the young child may come across on the clothing such as zips and buttons, it also induces creativity.
Painting, sketching and colouring are also excellent ways to develop toddler's fine-motor skills.
Multi-sensory baby books are a great aid for developing a baby intellectually. There are several picture books on the market that contain mirrors, crinkly cloth etc. that babies want to touch when being read experiences. Music, performing and colourful, noisy toys all provide amazing stimulation for a baby's intellectual development.
For toddlers there exists an array of activities that can be used to promote intellectual development. Card games such as pairs are very popular, as are plank games such as connect four and dominoes. They are excellent for expanding numeracy skills. Small children have very inquisitive heads and there are intellectual learning opportunities around every corner through the day-to-day activities that may be advertised by questioning, such as "what do you consider we do next".
Role-play is an outstanding way to develop sociable skills in a safe environment, children can explore different jobs in different settings; for example, a post office could be setup where children have to connect to each other as customer and staff.
Again here, this is very directly matched to the analysis guide. Please amend this and ensure that you are writing in your own words.
Task three- Draft food health insurance and safety policy
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Refrain from controlling food when they or anyone at home are suffering from an infectious disease such as; diarrhoea, throat disease or rashes
- Adhere to the settings health and safety policy
- Report any shortcomings to the correct person, e. g. Faulty or ruined storage, prep and service equipment
- All foods must be checked to ensure they are simply of the product quality, substance and heat required and they are within there use-by dates
- All foods must be stored under conditions that will prevent their deterioration, instructions on the label, if present, must be followed
- Food and food only, must be stored in areas selected designed for that purpose (refrigerators, cupboards etc. )
- Saucepan handles shouldn't overhang the range or worktop edges
- Any food or liquid spillage must be cleaned up immediately
- When cooking food, meals or packet instructions must be followed
- Food not eaten at the food it was well prepared/given must not be kept or offered at a later time
- Signs of any type of pest infections must be reported immediately
- All electric equipment must be switched off and the plug removed from the power source when it's being washed or not in use
- Refrigerators, freezers and other styles of temp control equipment must be routinely checked out to ensure there effectiveness
- All equipment must be matching to manufacturer's instructions
- Doors and lids of equipment used should fit securely
- Hob burners, grills, ovens etc. should always be turned off you should definitely in use
- All cooking equipment should be checked out when in use to ensure that it's functioning appropriately. Any slight electric powered surprise received from the gear must be reported immediately
- All equipment and working floors must be maintained in a clean and hygienic condition
- Cleaning chemicals should be utilized at the recommended dilution rate
Task four- Travel plan
- Amount of children participating: 3
- Destination: 100acre woods
- Date of trip: 3rd Sept 2014
- Time of departure: 09. 15am
- Time of go back: 12. 15pm
- Permission slips received: 3
- Travelling via car
- Ensure full container of petrol
- Ensure car is correctly insured
- Ensure child locks are enabled
- Ensure break down cover
- Ensure permission slips and prepared of any child likely to attempt to take off their seatbelt
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay