A critical evaluation of web engineering tools & technologies
The INTERNET has become a major delivery platform for a variety of complex and superior enterprise applications in a number of domains. Furthermore to their inherent multifaceted operation, these Web applications show complex tendencies and place some unique needs on their usability, performance, security and capacity to increase and develop.
However, a vast majority of the applications continue being developed within an ad-hoc way, adding to problems of usability, maintainability, quality and trustworthiness. While Web development can reap the benefits of established tactics from other related disciplines, they have certain distinguishing characteristics that demand special concerns.
In the recent years, there were some improvements towards responding to these problems and requirements. As an growing discipline, Web executive actively promotes systematic, disciplined and quantifiable techniques towards successful development of high-quality, ubiquitously functional Web-based systems and applications.
In particular, Web engineering targets the methodologies, techniques and tools that are the groundwork of Web application development and which support their design, development, evolution, and evaluation. Web request development has certain characteristics that make it not the same as traditional software, information system, or computer software development.
Web engineering is multidisciplinary and encompasses contributions from diverse areas: systems research and design, software executive, hypermedia/hypertext executive, requirements anatomist, human-computer interaction, interface, information executive, information indexing and retrieval, testing, modeling and simulation, job management, and graphical design and presentation.
Web engineering is neither a clone, nor a subset of software executive, although both involve programming and software development. While Web Executive uses software anatomist principles, it encompasses new methods, methodologies, tools, techniques, and suggestions to meet the unique requirements of Web-based applications.
Web executive as a discipline
* WIS (Web Information System) and WIS development process will vary and unique.
* Web executive is multi-disciplinary; no discipline (such as software executive) provides complete theory basis, body of knowledge and techniques to steer WIS development.
* Issues of advancement and lifecycle management when compared to more 'traditional' applications.
* Web based information systems and applications are pervasive and non-trivial. The prospect of web as a program will continue steadily to grow and it is worthwhile being treated specifically.
However, it has been controversial, especially for people in other traditional disciplines such as software engineering, to identify web executive as a fresh field. The problem is how different and self-employed web executive is, compared with other disciplines.
Main topics of Web anatomist include, but aren't limited to, the next areas:
Web Process & Task Management Disciplines
* Development Process and Process Improvement of Web Applications
* Web Project Management and Risk Management
* Collaborative Web Development
Web Requirements Modeling Disciplines
* Business Procedures for Applications on the Web
* Process Modeling of Web applications
* Requirements Engineering for Web applications
Web System Design Disciplines, Tools & Methods
* UML and the net
* Conceptual Modeling of Web Applications (aka. Web modeling)
* Prototyping Methods and Tools
* Web site design methods
* Circumstance Tools for Web Applications
* Web Interface Design
* Data Models for Web Information Systems
Web System Implementation Disciplines
* Integrated Web Request Development Environments
* Code Technology for Web Applications
* Software Factories for/on the net
* Web 2 2. 0, AJAX, E4X, Asp. net2. 0, Asp. net3. 0 as well as other New Improvements
* Web Services Development and Deployment
* Empirical Web Executive
Web System Testing Disciplines
* Examining and Evaluation of Web systems and Applications
* Tests Automation, Methods and Tools
Web Applications Categories Disciplines
* Semantic Web applications
* Ubiquitous and Mobile Web Applications
* Mobile Web Software Development
* Device Independent Web Delivery
* Localization and Internationalization Of Web Applications
Web Quality Attributes Disciplines
* Web Metrics, Cost Estimation, and Dimension
* Personalization and Version of Web applications
* Web Quality
* Usability of Web Applications
* Web convenience
* Performance of Web-based applications
* Web Content Management
* Multimedia system Authoring Tools and Software
* Authoring of adaptive hypermedia
WEB-BASED SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
As highlighted in the previous sections, Web engineering activities span the whole Web life routine from conception of an application to development and deployment, and continual refinement and revise/upgrade systems. The following highlights a few of the task and development in the area of Web anatomist. They are however, no extensive review or critical review of the task reported.
1. 1 Web Development Process Models
To help decrease the difficulty in building Web-based systems we desire a process model that explain the stages of Web-based system development - some of the aspects that produce Web-system difficult include complexity, changeability, invisibility and unrealistic schedule. An activity model should help developers "to address the complexities of Web-based systems, reduce risks of development, deal with odds of change, and deliver the website quickly, while providing opinions for management as the task runs along. " Further, the improvement of Web-based development should be keep an eye on able and tractable. The process besides being easy to apply should assist in continual update/refinement and advancement, based on feedback from users/clients.
1. 2 Research and Web Design
Requirement analysis and Web-based system design is a very important activity and demands a systematic and disciplined approach
Object Orientation in Web-Based Systems. Integration of Web and subject technologies offer base for expanding the Web to a fresh technology of applications. Regarding to Frank Manolo, Web must improve its data structuring functions, and integrate aspects of thing technology with the basic infrastructure of the Web. He also argues that if the Web is to support complex business applications, it must support general capabilities similar
to those provided by the OMA (Object management Architecture), but modified to the more open, flexible nature of the Web and to the precise requirements of Web applications.
Usability and User-Centered Designs. Effective Site design requires focus on usability. Web-based systems have to be made for easy navigation, and also they need to be attractive and useful.
1. 3 Screening of Web-Based Systems
Testing, and verification and validation (V & V) of Web-based systems can be an important and challenging activity in the Web anatomist process. And, yet hardly any attention is distributed by Web designers to testing and analysis. Web-based system testing differs from standard software screening and poses new troubles. Web-based systems have to be tested not and then check and confirm whether it can what it is designed to do but also to evaluate how well it appears on (different) Browsers. Importantly, they need to be tested for security and also for usability, from the ultimate user's perspective. However, the unpredictability of the Internet and Web medium makes testing Web based systems difficulty. Presently, very little attention is directed at Web-based system testing by developers. Also we need to develop new techniques and techniques for testing and analysis of complex Web-based systems.
1. 4 Management of Large Web Sites
Management of large Internet sites is a hard task, especially amid change which is a truth of life in the net environment.
Web Settings Management. Web-based systems undergo changes, perhaps more often and quite thoroughly, in their development and operational period. The changes called for can include trivial to large-scale change of information/data and major changes to requirements, and also may vary in their relevance. These changes need to be completed in a logical, manipulated manner. Web settings management (WCM) encompasses a group of activities for handling and facilitating change: id, version control, change control, auditing and reporting. In addition, it provides a construction for controlling change in a rational, controlled manner. It might adopt commonly used software construction management (SCM) concepts, principles and approaches to the Web environment.
1. 5 Skills Hierarchy
Large Web-based system development requires a team of people with different skills, knowledge and functions.
1. 6 Barriers to Web Technology Adoption
Nambisan and Wang identify three levels of adoption of Web technology: (Level 1) information access, (level 2) work collaboration, and (Level 3) center business transaction. They also identify three key regions of potential knowledge barriers to Web technology adoption: technology-related knowledge barriers, job related knowledge barriers, request related knowledge barriers.
Selecting Web Availability Evaluation Tools
Web accessibility analysis tools are software packages or online services that help determine whether an internet site is obtainable. This document highlights different features of analysis tools which can help during analysis reviews such as the methodologies explained in the WAI resourceEvaluating Web Sites for Availability.
What analysis tools can do
Web accessibility evaluation tools can significantly decrease the time and effort required to carry out evaluations.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay