Advantage of ASP.Net Web Forms
• Provides excellent opportunities for rapid development of web applications;
• Excellent support for the designer in Visual Studio;
• Simplicity in developing business applications that work with large amounts of data and are tied to data;
• a huge number of third-party companies providing ready-made libraries of controls, as well as supporting projects on WebForms;
• The familiar Windows Forms-developers concept of events (server events for UI), which allows you to quickly start working with this approach.
• Great for quickly creating prototypes of business applications, when you need to reconcile a preliminary concept with a potential customer.
Disadvantages of ASP.Net Web Forms
• UI logic is closely related to the code, and thus, they are difficult to separate (there is no clear boundary between application levels);
• It is difficult to produce unit testing, and therefore it is difficult to use the Test Driven Development approach;
• Large page sizes.
Creating Web Forms Application Projects
Typically, ASP.Net web applications are developed using the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment. In this environment, there are two ways to create web applications using ASP.NET Web Forms technology:
• Project-based development , is similar to creating windows applications (File => New Project => ASP.NET Empty Web Application or File = & gt ; New Project = & gt; ASP.NET Web Forms Application). In this case, Visual Studio generates a project file with the extension .esproj (if the code is written in C #), which describes the incoming files in the project and stores some debugging parameters. When starting a web project, before running a web browser, Visual Studio first compiles all the developer-written code into a single DLL assembly.
• Develop without using the project - create a web site (File => New Web Site = & ASP; Empty Web Site or File = & gt; New Web Site => ASP.Net Web Forms Site. This is an alternative approach, which involves creating a simple web site without a project file. With this approach, Visual Studio assumes that each file in the web site directory (and all its subdirectories) is part of the web application. In this case, Visual Studio does not precompile the code. Instead, web forms are compiled into DLL assemblies on the web server when they are first requested.
In both ways, there are two main project templates:
• ASP.Net Empty Web Application (or Site) - the project and web site contain the configuration file web.config and does not include files with descriptions of the web form; they need to be added as the web application is developed;
• ASP.Net Web Application (or Site) - the project and the web site contain the complete framework of the working web application that can be configured.
The directory (folder) of a web application can contain a large number of resources used, such as compiled assemblies, data files, style sheets, images, XML files, etc.
In Table. 4.1 lists the main subdirectories that are typically created for an ASP.Net web application.
Basic ASP.Net web application directories
Contains all precompiled .NET assemblies that are typically DLLs
Contains source code classes that are dynamically compiled for use within an application. Typically, these code files are separate components, such as data access libraries, web services, and so on.
Contains data files, including XML files and SQL Server Express files
Contains files with themes used by the web application
Sub-directories in which web forms are stored for specific tasks of a web application
To specify the path to the virtual directory files, use the prefix & gt; ~. For example, // Default.aspx (a file from the same subdirectory) or -/Styles/Site.css (a file from a subdirectory of a lower level - Style).
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay