Database user interface
To maintain the UI in Access 2007, use the Navigation Pane panel, which is displayed by clicking the Open/Close Conversion Area Limit ( F11 ). For the convenience of working with database objects, they are grouped together. In this panel, it is convenient to perform the operations of copying, renaming, deleting database objects, sorting them by name, type, date of creation or modification, etc. The user interface allows for easy customization, preparation of the button form, which corresponds to the end-user action menu.
Below are examples of improving the user interface.
1. Create categories and groups of objects in the navigation bar.
To add categories and groups of objects, you need to perform a number of actions:
• Activate the Open/Close border of the navigation area option, execute the Conversion settings shortcut command (Figure 10.45). In the Create New Category dialog box, create automated groups: Directories, Input and edit forms, Data processing, Reports.
Run the output in the navigation pane's panel pane for the Automated NSI Maintenance. "
• Move database objects from the Unassigned objects category to the appropriate groups in the category Automated Maintenance of the NSI using the contextual command Add to group .
Fig. 10.45. The Conversion areas panel dialog box
2. Button shape.
The button form was used in earlier versions of the Access DBMS and was intended to create a multi-level menu of database applications. In Access 2007, a button form is created in the Database mode mode using the Button Form Manager. It consists of separate pages that display menu items (Access 2007 DBMS commands for working with database objects, calling button-form pages, exiting applications). When creating a button form, the Switchboard Items table is automatically created, which describes the menu items.
3. Access database tools.
Access database tools include:
• Analysis of the structure of tables, performance of database applications;
• Documentation of database objects;
• work with external data, including execution of data export and import operations;
• collection of data by e-mail;
• Publish the database to a remote SharePoint site;
• a database converter to the MS SQL Server database format;
• database converter to server (contains tables) and client part (contains queries, screen forms, reports), which is the best way to protect data, etc.
Service tools provide support for administrative functions - centralized management of information resources.
The protection of information resources is an integral part of the overall problem of information security. GOST R ISO/IEC 17799-2005 defines the concept of "information security" as a protection mechanism, ensuring:
• confidentiality: access to information only by authorized users;
• Integrity: reliability and completeness of information and methods of its processing;
• Availability: access to information and related assets of authorized users as needed.
Information security is achieved by implementing an appropriate set of information security management activities that can be represented by policies, methods, procedures, organizational structures and software functions. These measures should ensure the achievement of the organization's information security goals. In modern conditions, the security of information resources can be provided only by an integrated system of information protection, which must be continuous, planned, targeted, specific, active and reliable. The system of information protection must be based on a system of types of own security that can realize its functioning not only in everyday conditions, but also in critical situations. According to GOST P50922-2006, information protection (ZI) is considered as an activity aimed at preventing leakage of protected information, unauthorized and unintentional impacts on the protected information. The leakage of information is due to the uncontrolled spread of protected information as a result of its disclosure and unauthorized access to it. The unauthorized impact is due to the presence of unauthorized access and impact on information with violation of the established rights and rules resulting in destruction, destruction, distortion, malfunction, interception and copying, blocking access to information, as well as loss, destruction or malfunction of the information carrier.
• Legal, based on legislative and normative legal documents (acts) regulating the relations of entities for the protection of information, the application of these documents (acts), as well as supervision and control for their execution;
• technical information protection based on the use of software and hardware;
• cryptographic information protection;
• physical protection of information through the use of organizational measures and a combination of funds that create obstacles to the penetration or access of unauthorized individuals to the protection object.
Access 2007 has a fairly strong security accessibility, confidentiality, and database integrity using the Security Management Center settings, namely:
1) lists the trusted publishers of macro developers, ActiveX controls, add-ins, or other application extensions (trust in the publisher is based on having digital signature certificates);
2) defines the reliable location of the database file when it is opened and saved;
3) add-ins are enabled/disabled in Office applications - smart tags, templates, XML schemas, etc.
4) control the operation of the macro of documents not from a reliable location (Figure 10.46);
Fig. 10.46. Security dialog box
5) Data encryption is used to prevent unauthorized opening and viewing of the database using the password of the database in the ACCDB format;
6) a digital signature is used - encrypted electronic printing to ensure that macros, program modules and other executable database components are created by the person who added the signature, and no one else changed them after the signature.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay