To find out about different lan systems and also to design a network based on these lan systems also to simulate these systems by way of a simulation tool know as opnet and by adding different lots on these networks and to study the performance of these networks.
Geographic area systems (LAN) are a group of devices which communicate with the other person in a tiny geographical area like within a room or in just a building. There will vary topologies in LAN which were created according to utilization, cost, amount of traffic flow. The different topologies are star topology, bus topology (Ethernet), engagement ring topology, FDDI.
The main aim of this job is to create network and compare different lan topologies and also to simulate these sites by placing different network lots and analyse how these networks behave to the different traffic lots and by running the simulation for a long period. Analyse the results and then to decide which topology is the foremost.
This job has been suggested by Dr Diane Gan.
This project fits the guidelines of the Masters project and certain requirements of the program i am studying so that i will be in a position to design an network and simulate it using opnet also to range the traffic fill and analyse the result of the simulation and to make a decision which network topology is a good and successful.
After completion of the project i would be in a situation to inform about different parameters of the network like delays, packet inter appearance time, hyperlink utilisation, packet reduction.
- Literature overview of different LAN topologies
- To design different LAN topologies
- Simulate different LAN topologies by varying the traffic lots say about 20%, 40%, 70%, 80%
- Analyse the grade of service (QOS) when an particular fill is applied.
- To compare and analyse the results based on these simulations
- To decide which topology would be the best, considering the results of the simulations and to suggest which topology would be better.
How the aims will be achieved
- Research on different networking catalogs and different publications like IEEE, ACM etc.
- To learn to use opnet.
- Using opnet to design different LAN sites.
- To simulate these systems with different traffic tons like repository traffic, ftp traffic, email traffic, web surfing, voip, video loading, printing.
- To accumulate and put the consequence of these simulations on spreadsheet and to analyze the results.
- To check the results like loads at servers, packets reduction, packets delivery time, utilization of the links.
- To plot the results on graph
- To decide which network topology is the foremost predicated on the results.
To complete this job i'd require
- Opnet Modeler
- A computer with high construction so that i could store the network models and the simulations.
6. First References
- Computer systems- Andrew S. Tanenbaum Pearson education international, 2003
- Network simulations with OPNET by Xinjie Chang, Winter Simulation Conference, Proceedings of the 31st conference on Winter simulation: Simulation---a bridge to the future, Phoenix, Arizona, USA 1999
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay