Chapter one Introduction
1. 1 Motivation
Information in computer technology might be displayed in multiple varieties. In the beginning the first used forms of information were content material and images, following the surge of using computers and internet a different type of information appears, it is the hyper word which is the mixture of wording and images. Hyper content material is text internet pages that connected by hyper links (hyper link provide non linear access to the text web pages no need to view all the internet pages sequentially to gain access to a specific webpage) and then new varieties are used like Audio tracks and motion pictures or videos, nowadays a combination of these representations as well as the traditional forms (text and images) is named multimedia [LIZ04].
Multimediais a data type may contain multiple types of information like: music, video, and computer animation in addition to traditional advertising (text, images, drawings and images), Digital multi-media is a data type symbolized by series of parts and manipulated by some media applications and stored on some storage units like on Compact disk or DVD or in multi-media servers.
Digital multimedia system can be interactive (non linear gain access to) that may be manipulated with computer programs (create, edit, transfer), or non interactive (linear gain access to) where the viewer is unable to control the multi-media like the display of movie in the theatre [LIZ04].
Hypermedia is a assortment of various kinds of information like text message, images even videos in one website or even more that are linked alongside one another by some hyper links that provide non linear usage of the multimedia like encyclopedia which user can bounce from article to the other or bounce to the next mark in Dvd and blu-ray. The figure 1. 1 below shows the structure of Hypermedia.
Figure 1. 1 Hypermedia
Multimedia applications are a pc based programs that can manipulate multi-media data with different resources like text, design, audio and video [NIE07].
Multimedia applications are available in many areas such as:
Education, nowadays computer based training applications that made to simulate the technological experiments by creating the reactions environment and show the hypothetical results that needs to be created from the row materials that will respond in the response environment, these applications are safer for students from some experiments in real world as well they use some visible effects to clarify some phenomenon like physical, chemical substance and geographic learning applications.
Advertising, media applications are available in advertising and journalism like the advertising of products and places like restaurants and companies, in journalism nowadays electronic digital copies of magazines and publications.
Entertainment, in this field multimedia is used to create video games and visual effects of games and videos, interactive multimedia is employed heavily in video gaming that the user participates only or with others on the same computer or higher the internet not simply sit watching.
Industrial sector, media is used in an effort to help present information to shareholders, superiors and coworkers. Multimedia is also helpful for providing worker training, advertising and advertising products across the world via virtually endless web-based technology.
Mathematical and scientific research, multi-media is mainly used for modeling and simulation. For example, a scientist can look at a molecular model of a particular substance and change it to arrive at a new compound. Representative research are available in journals including the Journal of Multimedia, in anatomist multimedia system applications now used to design properties and machines before applying them in real life [LIZ04].
Since multimedia presents some action captured and stored on some distant place there should be some type of delivery mechanism to transfer multimedia system data files from its source (manufacturer) to the vacation spot (consumer) [LIZ04].
Multimedia delivery can be split into two categories offline and online delivery, offline delivery means transferring multimedia, without using internet, by using detachable storage medium like CD-ROM to the hard disk drive on one place, multimedia was spread widely following the increase using of CD's DVD's and now Blue ray which are large storage mass media can hold the large size of multimedia system data, online delivery (also known as Loading) uses the internet for moving the media from the producer which is generally a server with bulky storage to the consumer which is the client who are able to be any terminal cellular phone, pc or tv and takes under consideration the statues of the network the client and server are linked to.
Online delivery transmits video files for occasions happened at the same time like video meetings, football games or video cell phone calls; or already refined and stored videos like videos and movie trailers, online delivery multi-media and websites should be written within an successful way to transfer or deliver the multimedia files and they are able to be read by the client, also there should be enough resources for the network and your client (which can be found bandwidth, network throughput, congestion, as well as for the client the available buffer and client's device quickness, etc. . ) in order to transfer the multimedia document efficiently and your client has an effective experience [NIE07][LIZ04].
The adaptive loading is the process of transmitting videos from the server to your client over internet within an efficient way depending on network and client's statues; to provide videos faster and fewer pauses different attributes are preserved to the same video recording and the server switches between these attributes based on the network and client's statues.
In this thesis, a suggested protocol for streaming videos in adaptive way is presented; the process has two attributes the server or the sending parity which is liable of transmitting the training video files to the client in an adaptive way and the acquiring get together known as your client who receives the videos and displays them on his screen, adaptive means taking into consideration the statues of network like the available bandwidth in order to transfer the video data file to the client smoothly, the handling of the video recording files is done on line, in other words the video frames are processed through the transmission according to the available bandwidth assessed at this time, dislike the used solutions nowadays which they save several duplicate of the video recording file with different bitrates and transmit the proper bitrate version of the video to the client according to the available bandwidth.
- Literature Review
In this section reviews for some related work because of this thesis about the strong video streaming above the internet
- "A Buffer-Driven Method of Adaptively Stream Stored Training video over Internet", by Dejian Ye [YED02], In powerful video streaming technique many parameters make a difference the streaming procedure of video from a server to client one of the parameters is the buffer size of the mailing and receiving parts, authors centered on the server and client buffer size and regarding with their statues server decide the quality of transmitted video, the buffer size and amount of available buffer size in the sender and receiver sides decide the grade of the transmitted video from the server to your client.
- "ENet - Dynamic QoS Controller for Training video Streaming Application", by Qingyang Wang [WAN10], the popularity of training video on demand and streaming online increased and the limitations between your server and your client that can happen during loading like encouraging data type or bandwidth or computer swiftness and throughput and how to keep a good QOS the writers design Enet which is a tool put into the server. Enet is a straightforward Fuzzy System used to switch between multiple tad rate variants of video recording, it picks the most appropriate little bit rate to the client's properties, this technique takes a big storage space since it stores multiple editions of video tutorial with different little bit rate for each and every video copy.
- "Version Algorithm for Adaptive Loading over HTTP", by Konstantin Miller [MIL12]. Internet videos (live or on demand) take a huge amount of internet traffic, in this newspaper creators build an algorithm for your client side which will try to enhance the delivery of training video to your client by making consumer selects the appropriate bit rate with respect to the client and network conditions like bandwidth available buffer and network throughput. They included the algorithm with a prototype execution of a loading client based on the MPEG DASH (Active Adaptive Loading over HTTP) standard which split the video file into sections and each segment is saved in a number of different tad rates and customer take the duty of selecting the most likely bit rate depending on clients and network state. The look of the algorithm download the video tutorial file as sections one after the other and it uses one buffer that results customer cannot receive the segment N unless it complete acquiring section N-1.
- "Confused, Timid, and Unstable: Picking a Video Loading Rate is Hard", by Te-Yuan Huang [HUN12], Hulu, Vudu and Online Flux are three video recording streaming service providers that provide videos with high quality to the users with some rate. Videos provided by these services are divided to chunks with multiple tad rates for each chunk (when little bit rate is slow-moving chunk size is small and high little rate the chunk size is big) and server switches between these chunks with different little rates based on the available bandwidth. 60 when asking for a video and start seeing it and over time another video wanted a unpredictable manner effect shows up which is little rate goes down to the lowest level despite there is enough bandwidth for higher bit rate.
- "USING SCALABLE Training video CODING FOR DYNAMIC ADAPTIVE TREAMING OVER HTTP IN MOBILE ENVIRONMENTS", by Christopher Muller [MUL12], DASH is the strategy that is used to transfer video tutorial online in active way to an individual, it's done by saving multiple copies of the video recording each duplicate with different little bit rate and the server starts turning between these copies or bitrates regarding to client's specifications. In this paper writers uses scalable video coding (SVC) rather than advanced training video coding (AVC or H264) which provide more versatility to the system with the available bandwidth and the buffer size, But if the client switches in one little rate to the other (higher or lower) and he already wanted a chunk before, this chunk will be canceled. The server will save multiple copies of video recording as a group of chunks. SVC experiment and code be based upon windows so it is not available to other os's.
- "OPTIMIZING HTTP-BASED ADAPTIVE VIDEO STREAMING FOR Wireless network ACCESS NETWORKS" by Xiaoling Qiu [Qui 13], Authors in this paper propose new way for dynamic streaming videos over HTTP; their strategy gauge the available bandwidth of the network and client's CPU velocity and old measurements into consideration to select the best video recording quality using an optimization algorithm. This method consists of optimization algorithm to choose quality of sections to be delivered to the client, but this method have problems with high computation rate.
- Aim of thesis
The aim of this thesis is to construct an efficient loading standard protocol for transmitting video files from the server to your client with accepted hanging around time at your client side.
The work in the thesis targets video files transmission to provide the accepted delivery time, videos tend to be large size files this needs compression method to be used to lessen the video quality when the available bandwidth is below the mandatory level for transmitting videos without compression, also this thesis takes into consideration the quality of the delivered video, the quality of the received video tutorial is maintained since the used compression technique in the suggested standard protocol is lossless strategy so there is absolutely no loss in the sent video data file quality at the client side.
Another important area in video loading strategy is the buffer management; the suggested streaming protocol runs on the changing size for the buffers at the server part and the client side. This approach guarantees the productive delivery of the mandatory video file without take more than the required memory space.
The restrictions that impact the proposed standard protocol execution are:
- The execution on the internet is hard because it must reserve website in a server online, so the proposed protocol put in place on Local Area Network.
- The bandwidth principles aren't real plus they were generated randomly to simulate the change on the available bandwidth in real world however the limit of bandwidth was chosen depending on used LAN defined bandwidth.
- Outlines of the thesis
This thesis is arranged in five chapters as follows:
Chapter one: "Intro"
This chapter begins with description of the meaning of multimedia and its own applications in real world and also includes a set of reviews works related to this work.
Chapter two: "Theoretical Track record"
This chapter is made up of description of the main concepts of video file, video streaming, compression and quality.
Chapter Three: "Video recording Streaming Standard protocol"
This chapter contains the proposed streaming standard protocol between your server and your client that satisfy the aim of this thesis of delivering video from the server to the client with little or no pauses and with acceptable quality.
Chapter Four: "Experimental Results"
This chapter provides the results of the video recording streaming protocol unveiled in the thesis.
Chapter Five "Conclusion and Future work"
This chapter contains the conclusions and the future benefit the thesis.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay