Tutorial One. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
Tutorial Two. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7
Tutorial Three. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
Tutorial Four. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
Tutorial Five. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
References. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18
Week 1 - Professionalism
(a) There are many different definitions of a professional. Discuss generally terms what you think are the main factors to being a profession.
Rank the factors you have in order of importance.
Consider why you feel some factors are more important than others.
There is dialogue about who is a specialist. Some said professional is a one who is good in particular job or engaging in a given activity as a way to obtain livelihood or as a career. The group members agreed this is the following,
"a skilled occupation, in a organised construction, having an accepted body of knowledge, set up training, needing maintenance of skills, led with a code of conduct"
A professional is somebody who acquires formal qualification from professional body based on his academic background or/and work experience and also whose ability could be judged against founded standards.
All the group people generally agreed that the most crucial factors to being truly a job include high amount of knowledge, relationship with a professional body, adherence to the code of conduct, structured training, ethical behavior, respected competence, and dedication to constant development of an occupation.
- Competence is the capability to identify the condition and solve it by utilising available resources. So that it is the most important factor
- Academic history, academic can help the professional to learn the specialised understanding of occupation. The learnt knowledge may verify a helpful tool for a competent professional.
- Good communication skills help in dealing with clients, fellow workers and superiors. A professional with good communication skills can significantly prosper.
- Reliability/Dependability is one factor of importance and could sometimes supersede other factors.
- Integrity of a specialist drives him/her to check out the task ethics and code of do in theory.
- Self-evaluation and self-discipline is one factor that motivates the persons to attain more and enhance the skills.
(b) Differentiate between a professional and a specialist. Does a specialist need to be an expert?
As adjectives, the difference between expert and professional is that expert is extraordinarily able or proficient while professional is of, pertaining to, or in accordance with the (usually high) standards of a profession.
As nouns the difference between expert and professional is the fact expert is a person with extensive knowledge or ability in a given subject matter while professional is someone who belongs to an occupation.
A professional is definitely not an expert.
(c) Is usually a computer person with a high level of knowledge and skill automatically considered to be a specialist?
No, cannot be considered as a professional unless he practices and gain experience and perform the experience as a source of livelihood or as a career.
(a) The BCS classification of a specialist and two other meanings. Compare the explanations, what do they have in common?
- Appropriate levels.
- Skills and competency.
- Motivation for self-development (theoretically and virtually).
- Respect for code of conduct.
Two other definitions:
- Person formally certified by a specialist body of owned by a specific occupation by virtue of having completed a required course of studies and/or practice. And whose competence can usually be assessed against a recognised set of criteria.
- a professional (of a job) has a high level of education and training.
In common it says professional need education and practise.
(b) The role of the BCS.
The role of the BCS.
- IT Members' representation.
- To establish interactions with industry and academia.
- To establish romantic relationships with government authorities.
- To benefit the betterment of complete human modern culture.
(c) A synopsis of other professional body that exist for the IT industry.
The Association of Computer Professionals (ACP) is an international body started in 1984. Its key purpose is to set and maintain ICT industry benchmarks by providing an unbiased evaluation body for ICT experts. The regular membership of the ACP is a mix of academic and business experts within the field of computing.
IACSIT is a registered international scientific relationship of distinguished scholars involved in Computer Technology and IT. The IACSIT people include research and development center minds, faculty deans, division mind, professors, research scientists, engineers, scholars, experienced software development directors, managers and engineers, school postgraduate and undergraduate executive and technology students, etc.
The National Processing Centre (NCC) is an independent membership company for IT experts and it is the single greatest and most diverse corporate regular membership body in the united kingdom IT sector.
Socitm (Society of Information Technology Management) is the regular membership association for all ICT professionals working in local government bodies and the general public and third areas, and suppliers to the people sectors. Socitm offers a widely-respected forum for the promotion, use and development of ICT best practice.
Set up in 2001, the UKWDA (UK Web Design Association) includes more than 10, 000 United kingdom web industry pros under one supportive umbrella company.
Women in Technologystarted in 2005 with one goal at heart: to help women build successful and satisfying opportunities in the IT industry.
Institute of Analyst and Programmers, The Organization is Britain's leading professional organization for people who work in the development, set up and trials of business systems and software applications.
The UK IT Relationship (UKITA) was established as the private sector corporation responsible for the introduction of a credible and growing IT industry over the UK.
Week 2 - Professional Bodiesand the BCS
- What do you think should be the main roles and reason for the BCS?
- To make an improved society
- Share and exchange IT experience and knowledge
- Supporting professionals
- Setting benchmarks and framework
- To build strong marriage with academia, industry, coverage makers and government authorities to promote IT.
- What do you consider to be the benefits of learning to be a BCS member?
- Professional development
- More training opportunities
- Professional popularity in the IT domain
- Best support from peers through IT forums
- How do you think your occupations benefit from getting started with the BCS?
BCS offers a platform to communicate with Entrepreneurs, Departmental heads, CEOs etc. This networking helps in getting more occupations.
- From the online video it can be seen that role models are essential in all occupations. From a historical perspective, why will be the pursuing people important: Charles Babbage, Ada Lovelace, Alan Turing, Timothy John Berners-Lee, Expenses Gates, Gordon More (of More's legislation), Philip Don Estridge, Steve Jobs, John Von Neumann?
Charles Babbage: Pioneer of programmable computer.
Ada Lovelace: The first computer programmer.
Alan Turing: Widely considered as the daddy of artificial brains.
Timothy John Berners-Lee: The pioneer and inventor of WWW.
Bill Gates: Co-founder of Microsoft.
Gordon More: The More's legislations predicts the technology progress in processing industry
Philip Don Estridge: Father of IBM PC.
Steve Jobs: Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
John Von Neumann: The originator and pioneer of linear programming, self-replicating machines, stochastic computing.
- Discuss three other current role models within the computer (IT) industry, point out why they are believed as role models.
Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie (September 9, 1941 - c. October 12, 2011) was an American computer scientist. He created the C program writing language and, with long-time colleague Ken Thompson, the Unix operating-system. He's a legend whose innovations are significant to the present day processing. He added value to the society by contributing to the modern culture.
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg: Co-founder of Facebook. To build revolution in the interpersonal advertising world.
Find two other professional systems (not BCS) and compare the goals and mission claims of each.
Socitm (Society of IT Management) is the account association for those ICT professionals employed in local authorities and the general public and third areas, and suppliers to people sectors. Socitm provides a widely-respected forum for the promotion, use and development of ICT best practice.
The National Processing Centre (NCC) can be an independent membership organization for IT specialists and is the single largest and most diverse corporate membership body in the united kingdom IT sector.
Most of desire to and quest of the aforementioned two are similar.
SOCITM delivers Professional development, Peer support, Policy & impact, Research & improvement
NCC provides a continuum of services including; unbiased and impartial advice and support, best practice and benchmarks, personal and professional development, been able service delivery, awareness bringing up and experience posting.
What do you consider is common to all profession physiques? Are even more important than others - can you priorities?
- Gain new skills, competences, encounters and receive credible acceptance.
- Network, collaborate and talk about practice with peers, suppliers and national programmes.
- Representing associates at appropriate nationwide and regional body.
- Research to enable the organisation in adding to far better and efficient general public services.
In order to establish priority among the professional bodies it is important to consider its global acceptance and credibility. In my thoughts and opinions ACM and IEEE centered professional body may be considered as more important.
Week 3 - Code of Carry out and Digital Identity
- Do you feel that it's essential for all professional systems to truly have a code of conduct?
Yes, I do feel that it is necessary for many professional bodies to truly have a code of carry out; since it will provide as helpful information for individuals as well as organizations. Adherence to the code of conduct will ensure to collaborate, show best practice, gain access to industry-recognized training, and find the very best work.
- Is there an argument for all professional bodies to really have the same code of carry out?
For easy understanding and easy accessible same code of conduct can be developed and executed. So, it'll be easily for working throughout the world. However, you'll be able to have various distinct clauses to aid certain interest teams depending on aspect of business.
- What fines should be included within a code of do? Discuss a variety of offences and possible penalties
Code of carry out should clearly point out minor as well as major penalties. For instance, minor penalty can be enforced on misuse of resources; and a warning notice would be sufficient. However, major penalty such as termination from services should be enforced in case of assault and bullying etc. Also, limitation to certain benefits and privileges predicated on poor work ethics may encourage a specialist to improve his/her frame of mind toward the task.
- State the type/name of SOCIAL WEBSITES you use and provides details of the type of information you make available.
I use cultural media to connect with friends, search jobs, latest trends also to keep improvements with current affairs.
Facebook - To connect with friends, family, current etc. Nonetheless it is used as a system to market things. Like a computer learner, I explore Facebook as I can to learn the feature as it is recognized as a robust tool. From election marketing campaign to product release started using Facebook. I have given my basic details and made details noticeable and then close circle.
Linkedin -HR people uses LinkedIn to recruit people therefore i have an account. I've provided my education details and skill set open to all to improve my employability.
Twitter- To check out the movements and get posts.
Does this content you 'post' stay private or is it public? Can you make mindful decisions between private and general population 'posts'?
Mostly I promote useful sites and articles which doesn't harm others therefore i show publicly. However, provider has usage of my content even if they're private. Personally, Personally i think that once you have uploaded something it has already been in public domains.
- Can you remember the terms of the contract to the cultural marketing site(s) you are employing? Is there a case that the conditions of contract should be written within an 'easy to understand terms'?
No, I couldn't recall any rules. It'll be great if rules are created available in other languages too.
- Provide a disagreement for keeping communal and professional press separately.
This will help us in separating private and professional identities as well as lives of other folks. Usually professional marketing such as linkedin. com is utilized by people with mature attitude towards the uploaded items. Normally social media space is swarmed by internet trolls and folks with non-serious attitude toward personal products of other people. I would recommend for keeping the public and professional media separate.
Provide some suggestions on how to work with Social Media smartly?
- Use account from secure gain access to (HTTPS).
- Do not gain access to from public systems.
- Make sure you log out / indication out after gain access to.
- Set security and level of privacy up to a proper level.
- Do not post hypersensitive information.
The lecture slides provided an overview only of the BCS code of carry out, read at length using the hyperlink provided in the lecture, the full BCS code of conduct.
- Summarise the code of carry out of TWO other professional physiques - do not use the rules of conduct covered in the lecture/article.
The code of do of ACM targets positive contribution towards real human society. Moreover, honesty and truthfulness are considered as key characteristics of members. Finally, respecting the level of privacy of others is recognized as a must characteristic for just about any member. Similarly, no discrimination should be produced among members predicated on their ethnicity is the spot rock of IITP's code of do. Furthermore, the code also stresses upon integrity, credibility and dignity in its users. Finally, ongoing professional development is also an essential requirement of this code.
- Compare and contrast the BCS code of conduct to (a) above.
Commonalities: professionalism and reliability, dignity, honest, truthfulness and positive contribution towards human being society.
Contrast: BCS will not tolerate almost any fraud and individual bankruptcy as well it generally does not allow any kind of turmoil of interest.
- Comment on the theme running right through each of the Codes of Conduct
- Discourage discrimination.
- Positive contribution.
- Promoting education and reliable practices.
Provide a synopsis of THREE networking sites which may be used for either communal and/or professional networking.
(i) Facebook - online sociable media and social networking service based in Menlo Recreation area, California, USA.
(ii) Yahoo+: Yahoo+ is an interest-based public network that is possessed and operated by Yahoo.
(iii)Linkedin: A marketing site for educational, business and professional purposes (Linkedin)
What are the advantages/drawback and possible hazards of by using a digital presence?
Advantages: Networking and marketing, global reach, following a trend.
Disadvantages: Privateness breach, data damage/ corruption and may expose to fake message.
Week 4 - Ethics
(a) Will be the 10 'commandments' in computer ethics still relevant today? Do they have to be up to date? Eg. Is cyber bulling or 'grooming' protected within the guidelines?
The Ten Commandments are mainly relevant today and should be integrated in true letter and nature (Virginia Technical). However, some scholars think that they are really simplistic and restrictive therefore, they can be updated to handle modern-day and future issues.
(i)What exactly are Sally's legal duties?
Sally's legal duties are professionalism and honesty.
(ii) Does indeed Sally have any legal protection?
She should have legal protection by law. In case of any grievances employees will often have access to complaint office or other services that support and guide the grieved worker for the best of his/her interest.
(iii) Analyse the Research study in conditions of the Golden Guideline and Utility Rule.
Golden rule needs truthfulness and honesty; therefore, Sally should inform the client the true situation. Since untruthfulness and dishonesty may damage large numbers of humans; therefore, energy principle also demands that Sally should show the exact picture to your client as well as her boss.
Sally must have avoided this example by informing her boss before the current situation.
(iv) Would your evaluation of the ethics of the circumstance change if Sally have been present during her boss's dialogue with your client, but was not asked to trust his assurances?
Golden guideline and utility rule demand that Sally should converse right information to the client and specially the manager.
(v) Imagine if the client had asked Sally a question, the genuine response to which would contradict her boss?
Honesty and truthfulness are key attributes of a specialist. On a real human perspective, it is also important that her supervisor shouldn't feel contradicted before the client. But it can be tackled with effective communication like Sally telling a suggesting her views that she doesn't the dialogue.
(vi) Would your evaluation of the ethics of the circumstance change if the program was for stock management rather than the control of equipment, with no threat to human safe practices?
Golden rule and utility theory aren't sympathy or request specific.
Jane downloads a copy of e-book from an unlawful file sharing site.
Analyse the problem in conditions of the Golden Guideline and Utility Process from both Jane's and the author's perspective.
This act of Jane is illegitimate contradicting both Golden guideline and Utility Rule.
What conclusions can be drawn?
Proper activities should be taken against these against the law websites.
The education of Golden rule and utility concept should become more propagated.
What sort of difficulties are there in making use of the Golden rule and the Energy principle?
Selfishness and insufficient education are two main obstacles in applying the Golden guideline and Utility Concept.
Week 5 - Legal Issues
- As a specialist, to what magnitude do you are feeling that you for anyone who is aware of the legal issues surrounding IT?
A professional must have theoretical as well some functional knowledge of: Software law, software patents, the Internet, data and security (professional legal ethics). Also to secure Intellectual Property (IP) for clients, an IT professional should be well informed on legal obligations and rights in digital world.
- Create a list of possible 'holders of data' who may be keeping your individual data. Have you got problems with large organisations reselling your data? In today's society, should we've such a thing as personal data (exception bank and medical)?
- Email service providers.
- Social and professional networking sites.
- Google cloud storage area systems.
- Search motors.
- Mobile Application providers like play store, iTunes etc.
Practically, personal data is considered by virtually all the applications when we need to work with their facilities. They can be received by subscribe or sign-up form.
- Discuss the dissimilarities between Shareware, Freeware and available source software.
Freeware: The software that is available free-of-cost.
Shareware: Some resources of the program are free-of-cost as well as others are not.
Open source software: Source code is designed for reusability and adjustment purposes.
- As a 'first thought', identify and discuss some of the legal issues/problems bordering cloud computing.
- Reliable data supply should be provided in any way time.
- Data should be well safeguarded and secured.
- No data damage or problem.
- Availability of data should be covered with insurance at all locations.
- Easy and instant access
- A professional software builder, working for a software house, has been contracted to developing a software package which involves accessing a company's data bottom part.
- Who does the program participate in: the builder, the program house or the company? Describe your answer.
The software will participate in the contractor because the builder has initiated the job and you will be bearing all the next costs. Also, the contractor would be legitimately permitted sell the software to any third party.
- Who has the intellectual property protection under the law of the program: the contractor, the program house or the company? Clarify your answer.
The intellectual property privileges may be possessed by the program house only or jointly with the contractor as laid out in the contract.
- What when there is an issue with the program and the data source is corrupted, who's responsible?
Under the function of any software breakdown the program house will stand in charge. It's the responsibility of the software house to ensure the secure and clean operation with their product and the contractor pays for this service.
- Discuss: the word hacking; is there ever an instance for Hacking? Is hacking always illegitimate? - Google "Hack anonymous"
Hacking is involved in all varieties and types of communications. Phone hackers used to make free calls and pay attention to other people speaking on the phone. Together with the internet hacking has an extremely vast and large performing field. FOR THIS industry hacking is serious concern and it includes caused significant loss to numerous big corporate and business e. g. Sony, Microsoft and Intel etc. In simple words any activity which involves unauthorized access or falsely impersonating is referred to as hacking. In recent times there are several hacking happenings for example US Korea standoff in the hacking accounts of Sony Entertainment and governmental information leaks by Anonymous. The word hacking is generally misunderstood; it is not illegal on a regular basis. For instance, law enforcement can do hacking to draw out information from dubious computers for the security and safety of common people.
Summarise the legalities associated with expanding and hosting a web site.
- Copyright concerns
- Domain name concerns
- Trademark concerns
- Linking and framing
Summarise the details of the info Protection Work.
The Data Security Act 1998 offers a framework as well as a standard that ensures security of individual's personal data. The misuse or illegitimate usage of someone's personal data falls under immediate breach of civil liberties. Also it is the responsibility of the company to provide safe and secure data access. Data handling should be under the framework of people's data safety rights.
http://www. directoryoftheprofessions. co. uk/sites-professions-IT-comp. html
http://www. businessdictionary. com/definition/professional. html
https://www. socitm. net/
http://www. ncc. co. uk/national-computing-centre/
https://www. iabuk. net/about
http://www. bitlaw. com/internet/webpage. html
http://www. bcs. org/
http://www. sqa. org. uk/e-learning/ITLaw02CD/page_18. htm
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay