The information entered into cells can be displayed on the screen in various ways. To change the form
Display and access to information using formatting and protection tools.
Formatting in Excel includes the solution of the following questions:
• Change font, size, outline and color of characters, align and change the orientation of text and numbers in cells;
• formatting numbers, dates, and times;
• formatting rows and columns;
• creating and using custom formats;
• conditional formatting;
• protection of cells, sheets and workbooks;
• Use styles when formatting;
• the use of auto-formats.
Data protection in Excel
Excel provides authorized access to spreadsheets, protection against unintentional distortion of cell values, sheet data structure and workbooks. There are various ways to protect information in Excel.
1 way. Protecting the workbook file from unauthorized access. The password is up to 15 characters in length, with lowercase and lowercase letters. The Save As button Tools and the Common Settings dialog box displays the Save Settings dialog box for specifying passwords: to open the file - prohibition of opening a book without a password; write permission-prohibits opening, changing, and saving a workbook without a password (Figure 10.16).
Fig. 10.16. Protecting a workbook file from unauthorized access
You can specify a read-only mode. In this case, the modifications to the original workbook are saved as a file with a new name.
2 way. Protection from structural changes in the workbook. The Review panel command displays a window for selecting the options for protecting the workbook and entering the password. With it, the workbook is protected from deleting, moving, hiding, opening, renaming and inserting new sheets, moving, resizing, hiding, displaying and closing windows. The password can contain up to 255 characters, with lowercase and lowercase letters. When entering a password, the * (asterisk) symbol in the number equal to the number of entered password symbols is displayed in its dialog box.
3 way. Protection from structural changes in worksheet sheets. It protects the worksheet sheet from changing the contents of cells and chart elements, deleting, moving, changing the values or sizes of graphic objects, changing sheet scripts. The password can contain up to 255 characters, with lowercase and lowercase letters being different.
4 way. Protecting the contents of cells, hiding formulas. For the selected cell block, the protection against changing the contents of cells is set or removed, it is possible to hide or show formulas in cells. The protection of cells is established only after the protection of the sheet or workbook.
Working with the table as a database
Excel spreadsheets are often used to maintain simple databases. A table used as a database usually consists of several columns that are database fields. Each line represents a separate record. The main work with the database is to find information on certain criteria. With the increase in the number of records, information retrieval becomes more difficult.
There are constraints for the database structure:
• The first line of the database must contain non-repeating field names (column headers);
• the remaining rows of the database must include records that are not empty (rows of the table);
• the information in the fields (columns) must be homogeneous, i.e. be of the same type.
If the data is presented in this form, Excel can simplify this process by sorting and filtering data.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay