Functions for handling strings in Access and SQL
For philological research, it is important to be able to work with text data, i.e. sequences of characters (letters, words, sentences). Therefore, a lot of attention in the design of linguistic databases should be given to facilities for processing character strings. The functions for processing strings are:
• InStr (line_l, line_2) returns the position number of the line 2 started in line 1, for example InStr ("Les, climbed up to the sky ...", returns 4;
• LCase (string l) returns the characters of line 1 to lower case (all lowercase), for example LCase ("Boyar") returns "boyar":
• Left (string_l, n) returns line 2 containing the characters of line 1 from the first number but n, for example Left ("Lez, climbed and climbed to the sky. .. ", 2) returns" Lez ";
• Len (string) returns the length of the string, for example Len ("Lez") returns 3;
• Trim (string_1) returns a string of 2 containing all the characters of line 1, except for the leading and trailing spaces, for example Trim ("And fed the old man ....") returns ( And fed the old man. );
• Mid (string_l, n, [k]) returns a string of 2 containing the characters of line 1, starting with n to n + k. If k is not specified, all characters from n are returned to end of line 1, for example, Mid ("Go, climb and climb to heaven", 5.3) returns "go";
• Reverse (line_1, find, replace, [n], [m]) returns line 2, obtained from line 1 by substituting substring Find for substring Replace. The parameter n - is an optional parameter, it specifies the character number in line 1, from which the replacement begins. The parameter n default = 1. The parameter t - is an optional parameter that specifies the number of replacements made in line 1 The t parameter default = -1, it means replacing all substrings of Find on Replace. For example, Replace ("And fed the old man ...", "feed", "by") returns And watered the old man ... & quot ;;
• Right (old_l, n) is the same as Left, only the end of the line is returned, starting with the character n;
• Space (n) returns a string of n spaces, for example Space (3) returns & quot ;;
• StrComp (string_l, line_2) returns -1 if line_1 row_2 (in the sense of lexicographical order of strings), for example StrComp ("The old man has cut through", "The old man has broken") returns -1, as "cut through" & lt; parsed & quot ;;
• StrConv (crpoKa_l, transform type) returns the converted string 1, depending on the type of conversion.
Conversion types include the following operations:
1) string_1 is converted to upper case (all uppercase letters);
2) string_1 is converted to lower case (all lowercase letters);
3) the first letter of each word of line 1 is converted to upper case;
4) 64 - all characters of line 1 are converted to Unicode;
5) 128 - all characters of line 1 are converted from Unicode.
Functions and conversion types. The StrConv function ("He took and stole millstones from her", 3) returns "He Took Yes And Stole Her Millstones".
The String function (n, s ) returns a string containing n s characters. For example, String (5, "Y") returns "YYY".
The StrReverse function (string_l) returns the characters of line 1 in the reverse order. For example, StrReverse ("Boyar") returns a "Bryan".
The UCase function (string_l) returns the characters of line 1 in uppercase (all uppercase). For example, UCase ("Boyar") returns "BOYARIN".
The & amp; operator is used to merge rows. For example, the expression "what" & amp; & amp; "Something" returns a string of the form "anything."
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay