Information Management Technologies
Management standards are supported by means of information technology of automated enterprise management systems. The most popular among the information technologies of management are the following.
Information technologies of the volume planningHistorically, the first business management standard (the 60s of the XX century) - Master Planning Scheduling (MPS) regulates the procedures for the formation of a volume-calendar plan for the production of products through the formation of sales volume and its breakdown by calendar periods, followed by the definition of a replenishment plan finished products due to production or purchase and the formation of a report on the planned cash flow - appeared in the 60's. the last century.
Scope of application MPS - production with a small range of products and components and a non-dynamic sales schedule. For production with a large range of products and components and dynamic demand, statistical inventory management (SIC) methods were developed. Information technologies MPS are focused on the solution of the following complex of problems:
• maintaining normative-reference information on the elements of structures that make up the products (assembly units);
• maintaining normative and reference information on the technological route for manufacturing products (parts, assembly units);
• Explosion assembly units for determining the components (components, assembly units, materials) included in them;
• Calculation of the duration of the production cycle for parts and assembly units, the time of interoperational transitions and the adjustment of technological equipment;
• Calculation of the volume-calendar plans for the production of finished products in the formation of production orders;
• calculation of start-release schedules of parts and assembly units in the formation of production lots of processing;
• formation of shift-daily production assignments for work centers (production sites), etc.
Information technology allows you to optimize the volume-calendar plans, ensure a shorter duration of the production cycle of orders; balancing the load of equipment; to minimize the cost price of manufacturing orders, etc.
Information technology MPS uses the current information on the performance of production tasks, ensure timely correction of volumetric-calendar plans.
Requirements Planning in Materials (MRP I)
The standard of Material Requirement Planning (MRP I) appeared in the 70's. XX century, he allowed to solve the tasks of planning requirements for materials (goods), manage production stocks, in particular:
• calculate the schedule of the need for components, raw materials and materials, parts, assembly units;
• normalize stocks of materials in the warehouse;
• Form external orders for the supply of materials (goods) and components;
• Improve plans for production and sales, taking into account the requirements for materials, etc.
Calculate clean requirements for materials (goods) and components are performed taking into account current stocks, the amount of work in process, open orders, the level of insurance stock to ensure the rhythm of production and marketing of finished products. Typically, information systems of the MRP class use a centralized data processing system. Schematically, the functionality of the MRP information systems is shown in Fig. 15.2.
Fig. 15.2. Material Requirements Planning Plan
The main disadvantage of information technology MRP is the lack of accounting of production capacities.