Configure basic interface elements
Selecting the modes for working with the document. The appearance of the document depends on the viewing mode set in the document. Changing viewing modes in the Word version of the 2010 version is done via the View menu (the Document view modes group). Most often the program uses the Page Layout and Draft modes, the prepared users can also use the Structure modes.
View mode The page layout reflects the formatting elements of the page (page numbers, footers, footnotes, multi-column layout, etc.).
View mode The draft allows you to see only the formatting of the document, it does not reflect the layout of the page, which significantly speeds up the viewing time of the document.
Mode of operation The structure helps to work effectively with large documents whose headers are formatted with standard styles.
Change the scale of the document you are viewing. The program has a convenient tool for zooming the document. Changing the position of the slider in the status bar, you can smoothly change the scale of the text viewed. When editing a document, it may be useful to change the scale of the view. To do this, select the Zoom command (English Zoom ) from the View menu. In each of the menu groups, you can add buttons to the most convenient and often used by the user actions. For example, in the Scale group, you can add viewing scale buttons in the 75 or 200% mode. To do this, you need to tune this tab to the above-described principle.
Some fixed options for the scale of viewing a document allow you to immediately get the following options for displaying the contents of the edited document:
• If you select the Toggle by width ... button, the scale of the document you are viewing is automatically selected so that the left and right margins of the document are visible on the screen;
• If you select the One Page switch, the entire page will be displayed on the screen.
Displaying non-printable characters. You can use non-printable characters to format a document. Non-printable characters are end-of-paragraph, line, page, section, tab-delimited characters and spaces. Nonprinting characters are not printed on the screen - they are displayed on the screen when you click the Special Symbols button on the standard toolbar - Home insert, Category Paragraph
The list of characters to be printed is determined in the File menu, the Options command, the Display tab, the category Always show these formatting marks on the screen. The more competent the user is, the more often he needs to display non-printable characters on the screen, as it is more convenient to feel how the document is constructed and why he behaves like that, and not otherwise, so the general recommendation is always to display non-printable characters.
General program settings: Options menu
You can configure the program's operating modes using the File - Options menu. The dialog boxes of the dialog box show the mode switches for different categories of operations (General, Screen, Spelling, Saving, Language, Advanced, Ribbon Setup, Quick Access Toolbar, Add-ins, Security Management Center), setting which you can define various working conditions.
For example, in the General operation category, you can specify the following settings:
a) Change the color scheme of the screen;
b) set the user's personal settings (in the User name field enter your full name, first name, last name, in the Initials field, enter the initials).
In the Operations Category screen:
a) in the Always show formatting format group on the screen, you can play a partial display of non-printable characters;
b) in the Print Options group: the Print switch: images created in Word, allows you to manage the printing process or not printing graphic objects, the Hidden text switch allows you not to print to at some point in time the text marked as hidden, etc.
In the category of operations You can save:
a) Change the encoding of files when saving;
b) set the AutoSave every ... command;
c) Set the default file location;
d) set automatic connection of fonts, which are used in the edited document, which may not be on the other computer to which this document is transferred. To do this, you can use the Insert fonts to file command. (This is a very useful setting if the document contains, for example, the Old Slavic font and the document should be demonstrated on a computer where there is no such font, or place the file with the document on the Internet). In order for all computers to correctly see the document created in the word processor Word 2010, it must be saved on your computer as text with this setting.
A very important setting is also the Advanced category. For more information on the options of this configuration option, see the dedicated Word 2010 text processor.
The general recommendation is also to set the following settings:
• in group I (render the contents of the document to activate Show text borders (this setting will show the fields of the document);
• in the Screen group, activate the Number of documents in the last files list and set the units of measure;
• In the Print group, activate the Print in reverse order option;
• In the Save group, activate the Request to save the template.
Assign a macro to the corresponding button on the toolbar
Any operation in Word can be logged for further repetition. This is called write macros in the simplest understanding of this process. When working with macros, use the View tab, the Macros group. The general algorithm for creating the macro command is as follows:
• think over the sequence of actions that need to be written for a macro (it's better to write this sequence on paper);
• execute the command View - Macros - Record a macro; name the macro, click OK;
• clearly, without errors, execute a sequence of actions of the macro;
• On the Macros toolbar, click the Stop Recording button. When working with macros, you need to remember that to execute
macro sequences all cursor movements on the screen are performed only with keyboard shortcuts.
To execute the created macro, execute the operation Service - Macro - Macros, select the desired macro and click the Run button. To delete a macro, execute the Service - Macro - Macros operation, select the desired macro and click the Delete button.
Example * * 1
Remove unnecessary spaces between words. Task: remove all extra spaces between words (there should be only one space between words in Word ).
For this operation, a very useful command is used in the word processor Word : the Replace command, which is located in the Home tab, the Edit group. When solving a problem, the following sequence of actions is used.
1. In the Find field, enter two spaces.
2. In the replace field, enter one space.
3. Click the Replace All button.
When using the Replace command, remember that:
• The search is performed only within the selected fragment, i.e. if it is necessary that the search is not performed throughout the text, only the desired fragment is selected and a search is performed in the selected fragment;
• If you need to search and replace the entire document, the cursor is placed at the beginning of the text (nothing should be highlighted in the text);
• If you need to take into account any special parameters of the search sequences when searching and replacing, the More button is used;
• if there are several spaces in the text being edited, the operation of replacing should be repeated several times.
To automate this process, you can create (record) a macro, and then assign it to a button.
The algorithm for writing this macro is as follows.
1. Put the cursor at the beginning of the text or select the desired fragment.
2. We turn on the macro recording. (Warning: There can not be a space in the macro name.)
3. We perform a sequence of steps to replace the two spaces by one (as described above).
4. Enable macro recording.
5. To assign a quick macro button, execute the command File - Options - Quick Access Toolbar.
6. In the left part of the window (Select Commands), select the Macros category.
7. In the left part of the window (in the bottom window) select the macro just written (by name).
8. Click the Add button.
9. In the right part of the window, we position the cursor on the name of the macro and click on the Edit button and select the image you like for the button with the macro.
The problem is solved. Now, if you need to quickly fix incorrectly typed text, just click the mouse button but added the button.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay