- Volume of migration varies with the issue of surmounting difficulties. Greater the obstructions, lesser the quantity of migration.
This statement does apply in the neighborhood framework as well. As Rodrigues form part of the Mauritius, no major obstructions have been found out. The primary obstacle which was the expense of moving and living was resolved by taking financing and borrowing from friends and relatives. Hence the volume of migration was quite high credited to no major obstructions and the power of Rodriguans to surmount the remaining minor obstacles.
- Volume of migration varies with fluctuations in the economy.
This is not really the situation in Mauritius. Your choice of migration is very little inspired by the economical condition in Mauritius. Many of them won't consider the monetary problems in Mauritius before migrating. Matching to them Mauritius has more occupations then Rodrigues even times of economical depression.
- Both rate and level of migration have a tendency to increase with time.
Lee's findings can be applied in the local framework as indeed the volume has increased as time passes. The procedure of migration from Rodrigues to Mauritius is quite even and will not involve long strategies. It is free from major obstacles and short trip of five hours. However, we are not sure if migration of Rodriguans to Mauritius will increase in the future. Major advancements will be taking place in Rodrigues as stated recently by the Minister of Funding and also by the new administration. Nevertheless, it depends how far claims will be supplied. If the purpose of making Rodrigues a developed island is achieved, then migration will more probably reduce with time as through the survey, most of them said that they certainly want to come back to Rodrigues 1 day if ever you will see occupations available there.
- People who have migrated once have a tendency to migrate again.
This has natural relevance in the neighborhood framework as the answers gained were combined. 49% of Rodriguans evidently refused to migrate migrate as they are being used to Mauritius, also they are in the same Republic. The rest of the persons were willing to migrate again.
Streams of migration
- Migration will take place largely with in well-defined streams, that is from rural areas to cities and then towards major metropolitan areas, implying migration occurs in levels rather than one long move.
This is partially true. Some Rodriguans lived in small and under developed places when they first migrated to Mauritius, good examples are Roche Bois, Baie du Tombeau but are now residing in more developed locations where there are usually more facilities like Reduit, Beau Bassin/Rose Hill, and Long Hill. Also, when asked, the majority of them said that if they get the opportunity to migrate to another country, they would achieve this. However, the aforementioned statement is partially wrong as much Rodriguans remain living in the same place where these were living when they first migrated. This doesn't always happen as the majority of them don't possess the methods to look for properties in developed locations. Lee's hypothesis will depend on whether they hold the means to move towards other regions or places.
- A counter-stream grows for each major migration stream.
- Efficiency of channels tends to be high if the major causes of the development of the stream are push factors at the area of origins.
- Efficiency of channels and counter channels tend to be low if the foundation and destination areas talk about similar characteristics.
Rodrigues and Mauritius have huge variations in terms of monetary conditions and facilities. Hence, efficiency of streams and counter streams have a tendency to be high.
- Greater intervening road blocks mean better migration streams.
Migrants overcome several intervening obstructions under engaging circumstances. Hence, such migration is used very seriously. Rodriguans who acquired financial issues and borrowed money off their surroundings can't return to Rodrigues without having to be successful as they might be embarrassed before their families and friends.
- Efficiency of migration streams varies with economic conditions.
The decision of migration is not much affected by the economical condition in Mauritius. Many of them won't consider the economic problems in Mauritius before migrating. Matching to them Mauritius has more employment opportunities then Rodrigues even times of monetary depression.
Characteristics of migration
- Migration is selective; high quality migrants tend to be selected positively.
This statement is not relevant in the neighborhood context as most migrants are of low calibre and there is no selective selection so. Most of them are employed in the supplementary sector where there is no need of being a superior quality migrant while some who work in the tertiary sector may be required to follow some programs or training in Mauritius itself. Any Rodriguan who's prepared to work and have the financial methods to happen to be Mauritius, accompanied by resolved accommodation issues can come to Mauritius.
- Migrants responding mainly to move factors at destination tend to be positively selective. Their reason of moving is not because of engaging situations at the rural area but anticipated to better opportunities at the metropolitan destination.
- Migrants who react mainly to the thrust factors at the rural area have a tendency to be negatively chosen as they are mainly uneducated and unskilled people, having failed financially and socially.
Migrants from Rodrigues with even low literacy level are positively preferred, they work in the extra sector plus some work in the principal sector of Mauritius while others may be asked to follow some training to work in the tertiary sector. Rodriguans who migrate to Mauritius are not necessarily those people who have failed financially and socially as they may simply want to migrate to boost their revenue.
- When all migrants are believed jointly, selection for migration tends to be bimodal, some are responding to push factors while some are giving an answer to yank factors.
It must be observed that a high proportion of migrants reply mainly to the press factors, especially people who have low literacy levels.
- Increasing intervening road blocks lead to increased positive selection as the poor and incapable migrants are wiped out.
- Migration is age specific as propensity to migrate is higher during certain stages of the life cycle, specifically for young people of working time.
This is highly appropriate in the local context as it's been notes that folks aged between 25-59 years old are more likely to migrate; these are people of working age.
- The characteristics of migrants are among the characteristics of the origin society and of the vacation spot population.
As Rodrigues form part of Mauritius, we can note that Rodriguans are quite comparable to Mauritians in conditions of their way of talking, living, culture and norms.
It can be known that migration is a function of the interplay of several push and take factors, implying that there must be a reason for going out of Rodrigues as well as an fascination for Mauritius. When both of these conditions are fulfilled, only then movements of Rodriguans will be possible. It can be said that the study findings substantiate substantially the key characteristics of the Lee Drive Yank Migration theory discussed in Chapter Two - Literature Review. Hence, it could be concluded that the aforementioned evaluation give a satisfactory explanation for the migration behaviour of Rodriguans to Mauritius.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay