Basic approaches to managing an organizationThe variety of economic and political formations, types and forms of government management, non-profit and entrepreneurial activities, sector specificity of organizations, their scale, management style, mission and strategic goals of companies all this initiates the development of the theory of organization. To date, more than a dozen approaches to the management of the organization have been formulated: functional, systemic, integration, dynamic, reproductive, administrative, situational, process and organizational development.
In practice, the most common functional, system and process approaches. Recently, some companies approach management to build on the principles of organizational development.
The essence of a functional approach to the management of an organization is that the activities of an organization are viewed as a set of functions that must be performed to achieve its goals. Therefore, the organization is managed mainly through the impact on the functional units, i.e. structural divisions formed according to the principle of performing the corresponding functions.
Most organizations are built around the functions and levels of the hierarchy. The first scientifically substantiated this approach was F. Taylor. Subsequently, his theory was widely disseminated in the form of constructing functionally-oriented organizations.
The main features of the functional approach are:
• A strict vertical hierarchy of management, i.e. hierarchical subordination is only top to bottom & quot ;;
• a clear distribution of job responsibilities, systematized in accordance with the specifics of the actions performed;
• control is implemented according to a functional principle, i.e. one person controls only homogeneous operations.
In today's rapidly changing economic and political environment, with high competition and a lack of highly skilled personnel, it is almost impossible to be a successful and developing company with a rigidly structured management system. A functionally-oriented organization has the following characteristics:
• there is no possibility of rapid reaction to changes in the environment;
• all participants of the activity are focused on the superior leader, and not the consumer of the products and services produced;
• between units - competition and competition for the right to be (or seem) the best;
• the performers of functional duties have no interest in the final result, since the evaluation of their activities does not depend on the degree of contribution to the company's achievement of the set goals and objectives;
• the auxiliary (providing) staff and overhead costs are increased, rather than reduced, because there is no transparency in management;
• the company's activities are excessively bureaucratic.
Modern business conditions just make the company
move from the mode of function-based management to the process one, since such conditions are created in which virtually any organization should be client-oriented, actively use various approaches to managing customer relationships, build its activities in such a way as to maximize the customer's needs at the expense of their products and services.
At the same time, serious competition in many sectors of the economy forces companies to have the lowest cost of goods with high quality and better service, so the modern company, wishing to achieve great results, must continuously change, be flexible and respond quickly to the challenges of the environment. In the conditions of functional management, it is practically impossible to realize all this.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay