This career event will concentrate on my final project carried out to gratify the credentials required to complete my undergraduate degree. I could understand the procedure of automation cleaning process rather than the standard manual process. I recognized the use of CATIA software in creating and growing the models for the project. I could boost my communication and written skills.
Visteon Automotive India Private Ltd mainly specializes in the grade of their product. The condition criteria related to the post pipe milling process this is the condenser and radiator tube cleaning. Today's cleaning method is done manually. Constraints of today's method are that the tubes are produces at high rates of speed (for example 240 tubes/ min). It is not possible to control the speed of development of the tubes, so that it requires more manpower for the cleaning process. It brings about many down sides such as erosion in tubes, stacking of tubes is difficult, more manpower is necessary, remains of burrs and coolant, additional time is necessary for the complete process.
This project is aimed to design an automation process for this ongoing issue. A number of concepts were modelled in CATIA. Only 1 idea was accepted by Visteon for which complete modelling, drafting and costing was done. Because the concept meets the requirements it would benefit Visteon in conditions of automation, less manpower, client satisfaction, work reliability and cost effective process.
- Completion of the job within the timeframe distributed by the professor.
- Have brain storming classes with project supervisor on how to carry out the task.
- I read books and conducted a literature review on materials properties and selection.
- Discuss with lab technicians on the parts required for building the automation process.
- Carry out the required designs using CATIA software
- Calculate the material cost along using its dimensions.
- The project paperwork was completed which offered my finding and the results to the job supervisor and the faculty.
- Personal Executive Activity:
As area of the final project we were produced in sets of three. I along with my associates were allocated to a job supervisor. After a few brainstorming trainings, our supervisor advised to visit Visteon Automotive and find out a problem standards. After careful observation and planning myself and my associates decided to develop an automated pipe stacking and cleaning process for the condenser and radiator. This job helped in reducing the entire costs, labour required and better cleaning quality.
- Automated stacking of tubes
- Automated launching of pipes in trays/bins
- Automated cleaning process either through blowing process or suction
I recommended the project guide that people use CATIA software as it includes better 3D visualization that the project guide decided and asked to carry out the look of the automation process.
- Tubes with different measurements cannot be organized.
- Since the pipes are produced at 240 bits/min (average) it is very difficult to arrange within a plane.
- Slip of pipes may occur frequently.
- Cleaning is not done completely.
- Frequent monitoring is necessary. Thus increasing the labour cost.
After careful planning and considering the key points myself and my team members could actually create a design for the automation process and has fulfilled the major requirements. The procedure starts as the pipes from hopper are accumulated Tubes get collected in stacker 1 which are well balanced by and remains there until a specific amount is packed (approx. 100 pipes). As the total amount is achieved, plate A starts and the tubes get into stacker 2. As soon as the specific amount grows to stacker 2, the plate A again closes to carry the remaining pipes. The movable wall surfaces lock the tubes in stacker 2 and by making use of a linear rotary clamp cylinder (900 cylinders), the stacker bends right down to the bin position. The movable walls retract, then equip A comes in contact, will take the bin to the cleaning area, cleaning process takes place and the same arm drops the bin in the unloading area. Finally, the merchandise is unloaded personally.
Once the design was approved the next phase was to fabricate the parts necessary for the model. I took the initiative to list all the parts necessary for the model. And our supervisor recommended the materials necessary for the parts. I also carried out the material cost for parts requiring fabrication. The expenses for other parts were determined and the entire estimate was made. The Charge of Materials includes the facts about the materials used; thickness of the individual material used, measurements such as period, breadth, thickness, diameter, mass, and volume level are indicated.
- The problems in manual cleaning of condenser and radiator pipes are erosion in tubes; stacking of tubes is difficult; more manpower is required; remains of burrs and coolant; additional time is necessary for the whole process.
- Suction unit was given an versatile linear guide so the product can be fine-tuned in line with the tube dimensions.
- Cylinder mechanism was provided to transfer pipes from stacker 1 and 2 in order to reduce tube damage.
- L clamp structures were provided for cylinders as possessing devices to lessen space.
- The final principle meets all the requirements such as robotic stacking; automated launching of tubes in bins and computerized cleaning.
- It would benefit them in conditions of automation, less manpower, client satisfaction and work precision.
The job was completed within the timeframe given due to proper planning and has met the requirements. I had fashioned discussions with laboratory assistants to comprehend different tools of the CATIA software. I strengthened my communication and written skills along with analytical capacity by focusing on the design of the computerized pipe stacking and cleaning process. The results of the tasks were noted and posted to the job guide.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay