P1 Describe the various sectors where engineering companies operate and the function that they perform in that sector.
a)Research and explain the function / procedure of one of each executive companies that you judge to work within the Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and Quaternary industries.
Where applicable, express any products these companies produce.
- Primary - BP is actually located in all the areas. Primary sector essentially involves the removal of recycleables. These recycleables include iron ore, trees, unprocessed coal, and oil. The principal sector is also referred to as the extractive production. BP is involved with this sector as it extracts its raw materials such as crude coal and oil. Extraction is of their olive oil is principally done in the Gulf of Mexico which include Atlantis, Na Kika, Thunder Horses and Mad Dog and on land their oil drilling rigs are in many places including 48 expresses on the United States and one of these is Alaska. In its participation in the organic material removal, BP between 2013 and 2015 its average daily production or extraction lifted from 189, 000 barrels of engine oil equal to 249, 000. After crude coal and oil has been extracted the next thing is to transport it to a refinery place and create known fuels of today and that will start the next stage which is the secondary sector. BP is involved with all the industries meaning that it extracts its own recycleables, refine its own essential oil to make products and then deliver it and it does its own research to improve its refining methods to make its products of great quality.
Oil rigs in the Gulf coast of florida managed by BP
- Secondary - as BP is involved in all the industries as mentioned above, it refines its crude engine oil to make many products which include fuel for many vehicles including aircrafts, gas found in homes and so many more. The extra sector basically will involve the turning of recycleables into finished products or goods which is used by other businesses. The main BP refinery plant is at Cherry Point, Rinse. ; Whiting, Ind. ; and Toledo, Ohio according to BP website and they refine up to 744 000 barrels of olive oil every day. Within this sector, they produce a variety of products which include fuels like petrol and diesel, petrochemicals and lubricants which are then used to power up vehicles of most sorts. The end products of the sector are sold to aircraft owners as jet fuel, motor vehicle petrol and vehicle lubricates such as engine oil.
BP refinery vegetation
- Tertiary - this sector includes the syndication of the completed products or quite simply the provision of services and goods to customers like for example jet gas to companies like Boeing. To distribute its products throughout depends upon, BP has generated fuel stations throughout the world which sell petrol and diesel. In addition, it sells gas. It also provides its products through self-employed jobbers and seller wholesales and franchised retail sites as per the BP website.
- Quaternary - this sector essentially consists of research and development in a company. The quaternary sector is dependant on knowledge and skill and methodical research to boost efficiency or the quality of the products being created. With BP, there is a sector which is actually developing and researching technologies to make its operations safer and efficient and explore and discover new resources to make use of. According to the BP website, it studies, uses, and creates innovative technology at its refinery vegetation and in its gasoline business to help make the product of quality and to ensure that it is safe to work with. It is also exploring ways to avoid olive oil spills that will demolish the natural environment thereby making the world a safer place.
- Primary- much like BP, shell is also an oil structured company that is involved in all areas. In the primary sector, it extracts its own crude petrol mainly in the North Sea. It extracts crude petrol as well as gas and because it mainly manages in the North Sea, they constantly face difficulties extracting that oil. On this sector shell uses expanded reach drilling technology which allows it to work in places with ruthless as where the crude oil and gas is located since the fossils where manufactured in high pressure conditions. Their first major oil discovery is at 1971 and is at Brent field which then started producing petrol in 1976. Its first gas field was at Leman field and it was at 1966. Shell works about 33 just offshore oil extraction plant life and about 65 hobbies in the North Sea according to the shell website.
- Secondary- after the removal has been done like for example offshore, the raw materials are then transferred to onshore for processing. Its transported by pipeline almost all of it. When it happens, the engine oil is enhanced and processed by using a process called fractional distillation. Also, the petrol enters the globally traded crude oil market and the done products such as petrol and diesel that is put into autos, aviation, and marine fuel and lubricants and plastics and chemicals are then sent out in the tertiary sector. With gas, it is processed on shell's 3 main gas plants such as St Fergus, Mossmoran and Bacton plus they produce about 35% of the UK gas according to the shell website.
- Tertiary - after the extra level has been finished that it the products have been made such as petrol, lubricants and products like vinyl, the next level is to disperse them to potential prospects which include large companies like for example involved in aviation business and automobile. Also, SHELL has its fuel stations across the world so that it can distribute its energy to the people. As a sizable company shell has small franchises that only specializes in the syndication sector like for example some fuel stations maybe franchises which is yet another way of distributing its fuel to the planet.
- Quaternary - as a big company, Shell is often looking or researching for new technologies to boost its raw materials extraction, its development. It's looking for ways to make the whole process efficient. It's also developing technologies to cope with the offer with challenging environment like high pressure environment like in the North Sea. It is also researching in the field of advanced imaging to improve production. This include the research of 3D seismic images to help see the flow pattern of petrol underground. This is all done to improve the oil creation to meet the demand of the growing human population.
TATA market sectors
- Primary- TATA metallic mainly operates in India and its own 3 main materials it components are iron ore, chromite, and coal. Flat iron ore and coal are the main raw materials necessary for the creation of metallic. The company began mining these recycleables in 1903 according to their own website. The mining sites are in Noamundi, Joda and Katamati in the us of Jharkhand and Odisha. Its coal mines are in Jharia & West Bokaro, in the condition of Jharkhand. These raw materials are then used to make steel that is then transported to its vehicle making plant to make motor vehicles and other machines.
- Secondary- the complete extra process is described through the picture below. from how the iron ore is melted and the functions it goes for metal to be produced. Also, as mentioned above this technique involves the change of raw materials to finished goods and products. In this particular sector is where the steel production is done by using flat iron ore and coal. Iron ore is smelted and the iron is segregated from the ore. After that the iron is then further re melted and addictive's are added such as coke and limestone in the furnace. After this process metal is produced. After material, has been made it is employed to make cars in the land rover and jaguar factories. Besides making cars, it also makes Gears, machines, motors, hydraulic systems, power generation.
- Tertiary - after the manufacturing process, the next stage is to deliver and sell the completed goods to the consumers. The company has its dealers that sells the famous jaguar and range rover autos. Besides vehicles it also sells car gears and machines to other produces. It also markets motors and generators. So, the company has its own dealerships as well as other franchises that will sell their products on their behalf.
- Quaternary - the company has a section that is experienced in research and development and development of advanced technology. The company is usually looking for new systems to make mining safe and productive. Also, its researching ways to make autos that produce less carbon footprints. Also, its producing technology or software that estimates the quantity of coal in every seam and the product quality.
Information and pictures extracted from https://uk. pinterest. com/annmaireesaward/bp/
http://www. shell. co. uk/energy-and-innovation/meeting-todays-demands/finding-oil-and-gas. html
http://www. tatasteelindia. com/products-and-processes/raw-materials. asp
P2 Illustrate the organisational types of three given engineering companies
From the firms, you've chosen above;
- Give a brief outline for the companies and state the type of organisational type (the type of business company) they could have? (For example: sole professionals, partnerships, companies, franchises).
Shell is a franchise
- Describe the type of their business.
- Describe the range of products that they feature and the anatomist functions they perform.
- State the type of Organisational structures they may have? (For example: Collection Organisational Composition, Hierarchical buildings).
- Explain why an Organisation needs a Structure?
P3Format how information flows through an anatomist company with regards to an anatomist activity
- Using the business you work in, draft an organisational graph that presents the type of command in the company. Select a product that the business maintains.
- With reference to the aforementioned product, summarize with aid of the flow graph how information is transferred in a highly effective manner between the people accountable for its maintenance.
M1 describe how improvements in information stream could enhance the functional activities of any engineering company
- Explain how business improvement techniques such as 5S/5C (Sort, Set-In-Order, Stand out, Standardise and Sustain) assist in information move.
D1 Evaluate the information flow via an engineering company with regards to an executive activity
Evaluate the effectiveness of how information is exceeded for the given company. Your analysis will include as a minimum;
- The benefits and drawbacks of the procedure flow.
- Time it takes to complete the order against customer needs.
- Identify problems with the machine.
- Describe why Lean Manufacturing has become an important philosophy to production industry and why techniques such as Just in Time (JIT), Kanban and 5S are so appreciated.
- You need to create to your manager explaining the way you think information stream and marketing communications can be improved upon.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay