Ethical conflicts and their resolution
Ethical Conflict Characteristics
Conflict - a collision of conflicting or incompatible goals, interests, attitudes, opinions or views of two or more people.
From the point of view of business communication, conflict is a contradiction that arises between people and collectives in the course of their joint work activity because of misunderstanding or opposition of interests, lack of agreement between two or more parties.
At the heart of any conflict is a situation involving either opposing positions of the parties on some issue, or opposing goals or means of achieving them in the given circumstances, or a mismatch of interests, drives of opponents, etc.
Conflict situation, therefore, includes objects and subjects of conflict, which are its base.
For the conflict to develop, an incident is necessary, when one of the parties begins to act, infringing on the interests of the other. The incident can arise both on the initiative of the conflict subjects, and regardless of their will and desire, either due to objective circumstances or accident. The incident can provoke any carelessly said word, some action.
Conflict can be functional, useful for members of the collective and the organization as a whole, and dysfunctional, reducing productivity, personal satisfaction and eliminating cooperation between team members.
There are four main types of conflicts.
1. Intrapersonal conflict. It occurs when conflicting demands are made on one person. It can also arise as a result of the fact that production requirements are not consistent with personal needs or values.
2. Interpersonal conflict. The most common type of conflict. Most often it is the struggle of the leader for limited resources, labor, finance, etc. Interpersonal conflict can also manifest itself as a clash of personalities, i. people with different characters, incompatible temperaments, simply can not get along with each other.
3. Conflict between a group and a person. Due to the fact that production groups establish standards of conduct, it is that the expectation of the group is in conflict with the expectations of the individual. In this case, a conflict arises if the person takes a position that is different from the position of the group.
4. Intergroup conflict.
Each conflict has its own cause (see Figure 6.1).
There are a number of reasons that generate conflicts (Figure 6.2):
A huge role in the origin and development of the conflict is played by the way the communication partner is perceived and how to assess and assess their own position in this situation. You can look at any phenomenon from at least three points of view:
1) biased to seek out negative sides;
2) take only good and turn a blind eye to evil;
3) perceive indifferently or negatively, seeing both negative and positive.
Thus, from the point of view of perception, in any conflict, one can distinguish the rational and emotional sides.
Fig. 6.1. Causes of conflict
Fig. 6.2. Reasons for causing conflictsThe rational side of the conflict manifests itself when the conflicting parties can clearly articulate the object, the object of the conflict and present their logical vision, giving evidence and justification. The emotional side of the conflict lies in the irrational features of the human psyche, when sympathies, dislikes, feelings, states and emotions participate in the perception of people.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay