Evaluation of colored gemstones
The main price factors in the market of colored gemstones are:
• light tone;
Let's dwell on some of these factors with reference to the most famous colored gemstones.
Sapphires. Blue sapphires are considered precious: V - violet, bV - violet-blue, vB - slightly violet, B - blue, vslgB - slightly greenish-blue, gB - greenish-blue , vstgB is very greenish-blue.
Rubies. Rubies of the following shades are considered precious: R - red, slpR - red (weakly magenta), stpR - red (strongly purple). Color - this is one of the important characteristics of ruby. On the second place is transparency. Therefore, inclusions that do not affect transparency do not reduce the quality of the ruby, but, on the contrary, are its "individual print", indicating its uniqueness and authenticity of natural origin. High-quality large rubies are very rare and very expensive. Large rubies, which are relatively rare, are among the most expensive gemstones.
When evaluating the quality of gem cutting, polishing the surface is very important. High-quality polishing ensures, on the one hand, the entry of the maximum amount of light into the stone, and on the other hand it promotes maximum light penetration into the eyes after it is reflected from the rear faces, which creates the impression of a sparkling stone.
The shape and type of the gem cut should provide its external beauty, high degree of "play" and luster. So, only an excellent cut allows you to reveal all the beauty of the ruby. A good cut can best represent the color of the stone, while a bad cut can make the gem look too dark or too light.
Main Investment Objects
There are two options for investing in precious stones:
• purchase of jewelry;
• purchase of faceted stones without rims.
The first option - the purchase of jewelry - has a number of significant shortcomings. First of all, the cost of a piece of jewelry is a significant part of the work of the master, as well as difficult to assess the value of "artistic value" products. In addition, jewelry is influenced by fashion, so this way of investing can be unsuccessful: if the design of once bought jewelry is no longer popular, and the master is unknown, the jewelery can be realized only as a scrap of precious metals. And in this case, there is another problem - the design of the decoration sometimes hides the defects of the stones that will be revealed during the sale, which will also lower the price.
The second option of investing in jewelry - buying faceted stones without rims - has a number of advantages: a virtually complete absence of fashion influence, the ability to detect any stone defects when buying it.
Not all gems are suitable for investment. We note the investment qualities of precious stones, most often used for investment purposes.
1. Diamond. He is rightfully considered "king"; precious stones - it is valued more than any other stones, and it is historically known about it more than about any other precious stone.
The jewelry industry consumes only about a tenth of the world's diamonds mined. This is due to the fact that jewelry is used fairly large (starting with 0.3 carats) and quality stones, especially colorless. The rest, thanks to their hardness, are valued as one of the best tool materials. Accordingly, the main consumer of diamonds is engineering. The most famous white diamonds are those belonging to the British royal family Cullinan I and II (530.2 and 317.4 carats respectively); cut in the form of a rose The Great Mogul, in private hands (280 carats). The most famous diamonds of non-typical colors are the yellow De Beers (234.5 carats), light blue Brazil (176.2 carats) and pink Deria-noir (186 carats).
As a method of investing in diamonds, diamonds are suitable for conservative investors - those for whom profit is not important, but reliability, albeit small but steady growth in prices. The most reliable in terms of investment are large diamonds, weighing not less than one carat.
2. Ruby is a red variety of corundum mineral, to which sapphire also belongs. Rubies have a high hardness, and in this indicator are inferior only to diamond. Many millennium ruby is considered one of the most expensive precious stones on our planet. Some rubies have an unusual silk shine, which is due to the thin needles of rutile: located in a ruby in the form of a star, it is the reason for the already mentioned light effect of "asterism". With the movement of such star rubies on their surface slides six-beam star.
The most important thing in ruby is its color, which gave the name to this stone from the Latin word "rubens" - Red. Since ancient times, with the red color of the ruby, two magic symbols are associated - fire and blood, symbolizing warmth and life. The ring with a ruby symbolizes not only a calm disposition and favor, but, above all, boundless love connecting people together.
3. Sapphire. Includes all color options for mineral corundum, except for a completely red version, which is known as ruby. Any sapphire except blue or fully saturated red (ruby) is considered a decorative colored sapphire.
4. Emerald. This is a kind of beryl. It is known since ancient times, and even then it was considered an expensive jewelry. Color shades of emerald - from dark green to light green, glass shine. Emerald is one of the most famous minerals. He was revered in Ancient Egypt as the stone of Isis, the mother of the gods, he liked great emperors, such as Nero, Cleopatra, Domitian, Persian Shah Mogul Babur. Also appreciated the emerald of the Aztecs and the Incas. For Muslims, this stone became a talisman.
The largest crystal of the emerald in the world weighs 28.2 kg. It was found in Brazil in 1974. The largest carved specimen is the Mogul (1695), on which Muslim prayer and floral ornaments are carved. He comes from Colombia and weighs 217.8 carats. In ordinary jewelry there are small, "contaminated" crystals. Intensive green color clean crystals are rare.
5. Amethyst. This is a kind of quartz. The color is due to the structural admixture of iron (Fe). Amethysts are known since ancient times. The stone was attributed to the ability to protect a person from intoxication, and its name in Greek means "free from intoxication".
One of the largest faceted amethysts in the world is 343 carats and is in the Museum of National History in London. The giant amethyst is stored in Washington - its weight is 1362 carats.
6. Alexandrite. The famous stone made an amazing property - it changes its color in different light: natural light gives shades from dark blue to emerald green. Artificial light gives it a purple-red color. This mineral is characterized by high hardness, a large variety of colors and a high level of refraction. The stone received its name in honor of the future United States emperor Alexander II, since the year when this mineral was first discovered (1834) was the year when the young prince Alexander, the future tsar Alexander II, celebrated his majority.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay