Tactics of the mediator on the sides
• The listening technique at a joint meeting is used to clarify the situation and listen to suggestions during an acute conflict, when the separation of the parties is impossible.
• Deal - the intermediary seeks more time to negotiate with the participation of both parties, with the main emphasis being on making compromises.
• Shuttle diplomacy - the mediator separates the conflicting parties and constantly reconciles the various aspects, as a result - a compromise is usually reached.
• Pressure on one of the opponents - most of the time the third party devotes to working with one of the participants, in conversations with whom the error of his position is proved. In the end, this participant makes concessions.
• Directive impact involves focusing on the weak points in the positions of opponents, the inaccuracy of their actions in relation to each other, the goal is the declination of the parties to reconciliation.
Legal action in court
There may be another turn in the development of a crisis or conflict situation. If it is connected with legal proceedings, then there is no way to do without legal assistance:
• the external position of the organization in the conditions of the trial is developed taking into account the opinion of lawyers;
• The flow of information should be centralized and under the control of lawyers. It is important to clearly separate the areas of responsibility and authority of the speakers;
• strategy and tactics of work, as well as all press materials are developed, agreed and approved together with lawyers. It is necessary to explain in advance possible results of the proposed PR-scenarios;
• Clear coordination of activities between the units of the institution: lawyers, press center, PR, security service, top management. The mechanism of work should be clearly coordinated and established. Minor discrepancies
in the work of these services can cause public outrage;
• Often the very fact of establishment of a business is perceived by the public as evidence of guilt, so inform the public correctly and on time. Correctly created public opinion can influence both the trial itself and its results directly;
• The presence of PR specialists in court provides an excellent opportunity to track the presence of all journalists and, in addition, to analyze the tactics of conducting legal proceedings of the opposite party;
• The involvement of independent experts makes it possible to present an independent opinion to the public, draw attention to international practice, etc.
Ten most common mistakes of crisis management in PR
1. Extremes :
• passive position - choosing a strategy based on the principles do not say anything, & quot ;, do not react at all & quot ;;
• the hyperactive position is the raising of excessive hype, the total denial of all facts, even those having a basis in reality.
2. To save not material assets, but reputation . intangible assets, the most important of which is reputation, play a primary role in shaping the company's value.
3. Accepting the position of "cornered" - it is only possible to justify, reduce losses, but do not take the crisis under control.
4. Underestimation/reassessment of the crisis and its possible consequences - is associated with a lack of full-fledged analytical work, instability within the organizational structure.
5. Underestimation/reassessment of the conscious will of the initiators of the crisis - you can not suspect everyone and everything, but you can not write everything off for bad luck and unfavorable circumstances.
6. Information lag as a result of a long agreement ( 6 hours rule ») - The audience will not know about what happened from you.
7. Non-compliance with the "Tylenol principle" - withdrawal of management from personal responsibility, timidity and indecisiveness in the issue of product recall, etc.
8. Absence of preliminary preparation (plans, training) - development of possible scenarios, acting forces, etc.
9. Ignoring the experience of the predecessors - in particular, from choosing one of the strategies, they say, everything is different, everything is automatically formed, etc.
10. Distrust of professionals from the leadership of the state organization - why do I need your advice and actions, I know the situation better, I will figure it out myself (as a rule, this does not work).
Often the management of the organization is confident that there is no time or money to develop a crisis plan. Or, without the skills to communicate with the media, the leadership takes a defense position, which sharply increases the number of negative publications and reviews.
If the plan exists, one of the most common mistakes is ignorance, whether this beautifully written text will work, which is successfully forgotten right after compiling, never having tested it.
At least once every six months, you need to check your own anti-crisis team to find out its strengths and weaknesses and in the future do not waste time due to the failure to work out the decision-making schemes or the lack of pre-prepared databases for different crisis situations.
In addition, the constantly emerging mini-crises allow you to check the plan and the capabilities of the team in practice. Practice shows that it is better to always expect the worst - as a rule, this is what happens.
Almost any work devoted to the problems of overcoming the crisis consists of a consecutive enumeration of steps, stages or stages. This gives rise to the erroneous feeling that all conceivable crises will develop exactly as predicted, and the success of their overcoming is guaranteed if acting in accordance with this scheme.
Ready algorithms lead to stabilization of the situation, but only revision of managerial strategies in accordance with the changes initiated by the crisis, management of atypical situations and the adoption of non-standard solutions tailored to the specifics of each specific situation will allow the organization to be taken out of the most difficult situation and used as an incentive for development . The speed of reaction and the pace of action depends on the outcome of crisis management.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay