Passing and stopping the municipal service
The municipal entity maintains a register of municipal employees. The purpose of keeping the register is to organize the accounting of the passage of municipal service, improve the work of recruitment and placement of personnel, use of the personnel potential of the municipal service with the further development of the management system.
The register also includes information on civil servants included in the reserve for the replacement of senior positions in the municipal service, and for persons who replace elected municipal posts.
The basis for inclusion in the register is the appointment to the post of municipal service, election (appointment) to an elected municipal office or the inclusion of a civil servant in the reserve for the leading position of the municipal service.
A similar experience exists in Italy, where thanks to the roster of employees, selection and placement of personnel is carried out. The Council of Ministers established a special department of state activity that maintains a register of employees of state and international organizations, coordinates management activities and monitors its effectiveness. This department also identifies the need for cadres for the civil service and plans their selection. As far as local authorities are concerned, most of the lower-level employees fall into them immediately after graduation from high school, but from the very beginning they are trained in practical activities. As a rule, candidates for leadership positions are nominated from among those who started their careers in local government.
The generally accepted norms for the preparation of the administrative apparatus in Italy are just emerging. Most of the top functionaries are educated in universities, mainly in law faculties. Personnel replenishment is also provided by leading higher educational institutions and scientific institutes subordinated to various ministries. Each departmental administration seeks to prepare its own cadres: most often those who are specially trained for work in the administrative apparatus receive the status of trainees in the civil service.
In the regulation of the state service, the job descriptions of municipal employees are important, which are normative documents designed to facilitate the proper selection, placement and qualification, and to improve the functional and technological division of the pile between managers and specialists.
The development of job descriptions for specific municipal employees can be carried out with the involvement of scientific organizations. The head of the relevant local government body approves job descriptions for his deputies and for heads of structural units, as well as model job descriptions for the rest of the municipal positions and divisions. Based on typical job descriptions, the head of the structural unit approves job descriptions for specific municipal positions.
During the passage of the municipal service, it should be noted organizational procedures related to the assessment of the efficiency of municipal employees. The system of labor efficiency parameters of municipal employees is shown in Fig. 14.1.
Fig. 14.1. The system of efficiency parameters of municipal employees
Evaluation of the activities of municipal employees plays an important role in the system of human resources management in the civil service. This is a key tool for managers, which allows you to inform and coordinate the goals and objectives of the organization with the efforts of public civil servants. In addition, it is a tool for viewing and changing the direction of the efforts of officials, a tool for diagnosing the needs of civil servants in training and development.
From the perspective of employees, the evaluation process is an important mechanism for supporting their personal development, improving performance. The assessment provides an opportunity to conduct a frank dialogue between the employee and the immediate supervisor on the quality of the activity, its stimulation and support.
The municipalities regularly conduct employee attestation, and annually assess the performance of tasks and duties assigned to them by municipal employees. In some bodies, the annual assessment is carried out in parallel with the certification.
According to the norms of the current legislation, the objectives of the annual assessment are:
- regular monitoring of the passage of municipal service and professional achievements of municipal employees;
- assistance in improving the selection and placement of personnel;
- development of initiative and creative activity of municipal employees, determination of their potential, needs for further training and personal development, career planning;
- improvement of the planning and organization of the activities of employees and municipal bodies, identification of organizational problems and prompt response to them, analysis of job descriptions.
The purpose of attestation is to increase the efficiency of municipal employees and the responsibility for the assigned work in municipal bodies. Attestation is a means of assessing the business and professional qualities of employees in the performance of their official duties, determined by the professional qualifications of their posts and reflected in job descriptions.
According to the current procedure, the results of the annual certification of municipal employees should be taken into account:
- when considering issues of promotion in the service activity, assigning the next rank;
- the establishment of statutory premiums, bonuses, remuneration or changes in their size;
- the decision on the issue of extending the term of office;
- the formation of the personnel reserve and when solving other issues of passing the municipal service.
The evaluation of performance results is carried out on the basis of an activity plan in accordance with the indicators established in it and taking into account the official duties of the municipal employee.
An employment contract with a municipal employee is terminated on general terms provided for in the US Labor Code. In addition, Art. 19 of the Federal Law "On municipal service in the United States"; there are additional grounds for the termination of the employment contract with the municipal employee, namely because:
1) the attainment of the age limit established for the replacement of the post of municipal service;2) the termination of the citizenship of the United States, the termination of the citizenship of a foreign country that is a party to an international treaty of the United States, according to which a foreign citizen has the right to be in the municipal service, to acquire the citizenship of a foreign state or to obtain a residence permit or other document confirming the right to permanent residence of a citizen of the United States on the territory of a foreign country that is not a party to an international treaty The United States, according to which a citizen of the United States who has the citizenship of a foreign country has the right to be in the municipal service;
3) non-compliance with restrictions and prohibitions related to the municipal service;
4) the use of administrative punishment in the form of disqualification.
For citizens who quit the municipal service, in some cases
US law provides for certain restrictions. Thus, a citizen who replaced the posts of the municipal service, the list of which is established by the regulatory legal acts of the United States, within two years after dismissal from the municipal service has the right to replace posts in commercial and non-commercial organizations, if certain functions of management of these organizations were in official (official) duties municipal employee, with the consent of the relevant commission for compliance with the requirements for service conduct and conflict of interest settlement, which is given in the order established by the regulatory legal acts of the United States.
A citizen who replaces the posts of the municipal service, the list of which is established by the regulatory legal acts of the United States, within two years after dismissal from the municipal service is obliged to inform the representative of the employer (employer) of the last place of his service when concluding employment contracts. Failure to comply with this requirement by a citizen who replaced the posts of the municipal service, the list of which is established by the regulatory legal acts of the United States, after dismissal from the municipal service entails the termination of the employment contract concluded with him.
The employer, upon concluding an employment contract with a citizen who replaced the posts of the municipal service, the list of which is established by the regulatory legal acts of the United States, within two years after his dismissal from the municipal service, is obliged within ten days to report on the conclusion of such a contract to the representative of the employer (employer) employee at the last place of his service in the manner prescribed by the regulatory legal acts of the United States (Parts 1-4 of Article 12 of the Federal Law of 25.12.2008 No. 273-Φ3 On Counteracting Corruption ).
Failure by the employer to provide a duty to the representative of the employer (employer) to enter into an employment contract with a former municipal employee is an offense and entails responsibility in accordance with Art. 19.29 of the US Code of Administrative Offenses for Officials and Individual Entrepreneurs.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay