Definition of a turnaround of parts or advances between release...

Determination of the turnaround of parts or advances between release and launch at adjacent production stages

Revolving reserve occurs between the stages of production due to the work of production units unequal parties of labor items. In order to reduce the size of the backlog, it should be determined by classification using the ABC method. In accordance with this method, the items of labor necessary to execute the production program are allocated to the groups A, B, C at their cost and number of items.

The essence of the ABC method is that the entire nomenclature of labor items (parts, blanks, semi-finished products) necessary for the execution of the production program is recorded in a special list, in which the entries are arranged in descending order of the total cost each position of the nomenclature. The cost of each position of the nomenclature is determined by multiplying the price per unit of this nomenclature by their number according to the program. The ABC distribution is constructed in the coordinate axes NS ( N - the number of item items and S - the cost) in the form of a cumulative growth curve, positions on the list (Figure 6.6).

A graph illustrating the ABC method

Fig. 6.6. A graph illustrating the ABC method

The points of inflection of the cumulative curve first select the group A , and then the group B . In the group A , as a rule, 75-80% of the nomenclature positions fall.

The group B includes positions of the nomenclature of labor items, the amount of which is about 15-10% of the total cost. The remaining positions of the nomenclature, the total cost of which is about 5-10%, belong to the group C. Experience shows that usually 15-20% of the total nomenclature falls into group A, in the group B - 25-30% , and the third group C includes 60-50% of the total nomenclature. Thus, the main attention in managing the course of production should be given to the group A, which, with its small number, constitutes the overwhelming part of the cost of manufactured labor items and, thus, requires the greatest expenses for their storage and maintenance in work in process. For the group A , it is advisable to apply management methods that ensure continuous production and constant (daily) monitoring of the level of work in progress. Often this group includes the most scarce items of labor.

Suppose that the distribution of labor items (parts, blanks) into the groups A, B, C is carried out in accordance with Table. 6.10.

Determination of the value of the turnaround by groups of parts A, B, C is carried out by the formula

Table 6.10. The distribution of the labor objects of the production program by the cost and number of nomenclature positions into groups A, B, C

Details group

Number of item items, %

The fraction of the cost of the parts group in the cost of all the parts, %

1

2

3

A

15

80

In

25

15

C

60

5

Total

100

100

where ; e is the name of the part group, e = ( A , B , C }; k e - coefficients that show the specific weight of the cost of the e-group of parts in the cost of parts for the annual program; n s, e , n s + 1, e are the sizes of the parts of the e-group, respectively, at the s-th and (s + 1) th stages of the production process; n day - the daily need for the details of the e-group;

The most probable variant of application of unified periodicity of launching details of groups A, B, C is given in Table. 6.11.

Table 6.11. Application of the unified periodicity of starting part batches of groups A, B, C at the stages of the production process

Details group

Recommended start-up frequency for parts in the production process

procuring

machining

assembly

1

2

3

4

A

M/4

M/4

M/4

In

2M

M

M/2

C

6M

zm

M

The value of the reverse reserve at the adjacent stages of the production process is determined by the formula

where - the size of the backlog of the parts of group A, B, C, respectively, arising at the (s + 1) th stage, in days of need.

Also We Can Offer!

Other services that we offer

If you don’t see the necessary subject, paper type, or topic in our list of available services and examples, don’t worry! We have a number of other academic disciplines to suit the needs of anyone who visits this website looking for help.

How to ...

We made your life easier with putting together a big number of articles and guidelines on how to plan and write different types of assignments (Essay, Research Paper, Dissertation etc)