Market Quality Standards
Along with the system ISO 9000 in countries with developed market economies in all industries, including transport, market standards of quality of services have been widely spread. As a rule, they refer to rather narrow segments of entrepreneurial activity, where the uniformity of conditions and the large experience accumulated by the market make it possible to form a stable system of indicators and standards that determine the level of quality. Such standards are developed by market participants in the face of associations and business associations, often in conjunction with users of transportation services. Not being compulsory to fulfill, market quality standards set certain benchmarks for both transport operators themselves, who can orient themselves in terms of service quality to market leaders, and for consumers who are able to compare operators and the prices they request, taking into account the actual prices on the given segment of the service quality market. The process of forming such standards is also in the United States transport business (see Box 6.4).
Box 6.4. Quality standard for carrier services
A group of leading logistics companies operating on the United States market, together with the logistics branch of the public organization "Business Russia"; The following quality standard has been developed, which establishes the requirements for automotive long-distance freight transport (PTA).
Standard of a Class A logistics operator (IGL service) Acceptance of an order for transportation:
1) but to the city: up to 15 hours at night (after 00:00 the next business day), until 16:00 the next morning (after 08:00 the next business day);
2) long-distance: for 24 hours before the start of transportation (if the current day is not working for 48 hours);
3) international: for 3 days with specification for the day before the start of transportation. Submission of the car for loading:
1) around the city: in the interval from 10 minutes to 0 minutes from the appointed time;
2) long distance: in the interval from 1 hour to 0 minutes from the appointed time:
3) international: in the interval from 2 hours to 0 minutes from the appointed time. Arrival of the car to the place of unloading:
1) in the city: in the interval from 10 minutes to 0 minutes from the appointed time, agreed with the delivery time under the terms of the agreement;
2) long-distance: in the interval from 1 hour to 0 minutes from the appointed time, agreed with the delivery time under the terms of the contract;
3) international: in the interval from 2 hours to 0 minutes from the appointed time, agreed with the delivery time under the terms of the contract.
The time of admissible transport idle time without fines (time for loading and unloading the goods) for all types of traffic except for intracity ones is 2 hours. For international transportation - for loading and customs clearance (export from the United States) 24 hours, for customs clearance (import) and unloading - 48 hours.
Preventing marriage in transportation for transportation reasons:
1) it is necessary to have a corresponding experience of the carrier and the presence of means of fixing the goods in the vehicle (belts, lugs in the semitrailer for fixing the belts, inflatable pillows, cushioning material);
2) the existence of an insurance policy with a four-hundred-and-four-hundred-tonnage load of more than 250,000 dollars. for the flight (for transportation within the United States) and on the terms of the media (for international);
3) the number of flights in which the amount of rejects does not exceed the allowable limits. - not less than 98% of the total number of flights.
Absence of shortages for transport reasons (road accident, crime): not less than 99.5% of the total number of flights.
Return of documents with delivery confirmation:
1) around the city: scan - within 24 hours from unloading, originals - within 5 working days;
2) long distance: scan - up to 48 hours, originals - up to 12 working days from the date of unloading;
3) international: scan - up to 48 hours, originals - up to 15 working days from the date of unloading.
A single universal (aggregated) indicator of the quality of the work of the carrier DIFOTAf, determined by the formula: the percentage of export orders x percentage of orders delivered on time x percentage of timely return documents/10,000. This figure should be above 80%.
In addition, the mandatory conditions are:
1) keeping the white business, the absence of "gray" schemes for avoiding VAT, payment of wages to employees in full, the absence of possible tax claims from working with the carrier;
2) the company's annual revenue is at least 60 million rubles. per year, the number of flights - at least 2000 per year;
3) long-term business (more than three years as a resident of the United States), regular tax reporting;
4) for transportation in the United States: no less than 80% of transportation is carried out by rolling stock with a service life of up to 8 years and environmental standards not worse than EURO-2, while 100% of its own fleet also meets these requirements;
5) in the case of transport of dangerous goods - the presence in the company of an expert in the transport of dangerous goods IMO;
6) in case of need to transport expensive or oversized cargo - have an agreement with a licensed organization that can provide escort or armed guard;
7) Regular monitoring of contractors by its own security service;
8) regular training of personnel on quality standards;
9) knowledge of acceptance and delivery procedures in accordance with customer requirements;
10) availability of TMS (Transport Management System) with the ability to measure both the above KPIs and additional (punctuality, quality of equipment, quality of billing and confirming documents, availability of defects and shortages), storage of accompanying documentation.
In the event that the supplier does not comply with the KPIs specified, it must provide the client with an action plan for reaching the specified KPIs.
Additional features that are a competitive advantage of the logistics operator:
1) the availability of a system that allows electronic document management with the customer to provide direct access to information about all customer transportations to the customer;
2) the presence of own rolling stock, regular technical maintenance work with rolling stock (including contractors);
3) communication with the driver during the voyage, navigation in the car and cargo tracking system, the presence of a scanner for documents in the car;
4) at the request of customers - additional service options, including the presence of mednizhek drivers, the driver's readiness to unload the goods on the ramp, the presence of reflective vests, gloves and helmets;
5) regular procedures within the company to combat corruption;
6) the existence of environmental regulations.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay