Advertising at fairs and exhibitions
As an effective type of incentive advertising, which is aimed at both consumers and trade intermediaries, one can name holding of exhibitions and fairs. Organization and holding of exhibitions and fairs is a rather complex and time-consuming method of advertising , which requires careful planning and preparation.
This advertising takes a special place in the arsenal of means of advertising influence, as it provides very wide opportunities for demonstration of advertised products for establishing direct contacts with direct consumers, and also that it is the oldest means of advertising (Figure 6.79).
Fig. 6.79. Examples of advertising at trade fairs and fairs
Advertising at exhibitions and fairs is carried out by displaying the product (its samples) in action through its demonstration at fairs and exhibitions, in offices, in consignment warehouses. It affects the buyer, convincing him of the merits and advantages of the goods. This particularly applies to the demonstration of production goods (machinery, equipment and devices), which allows you to convince a possible buyer in the merits of design, high productivity, quality of products. During the demonstration, you can also get information about the terms of sale, prices, delivery times and more.
Exhibitions and fairs provide in advertising:
• Specificity of advertising (showing goods in kind, in action, which achieves the highest degree of trust and emotional impact);
• a high degree of activity in advertising (a combination of well-known advertising tools in lectures, symposiums, demonstration of goods in action, entertainment events, etc.),
• the relevance of advertising (showing the latest developments and products, addressed to specific potential buyers).
Exhibitions are held regularly in many countries. The objectives of participation in the exhibition should be sufficiently complete and clearly defined, since the most important task at the exhibition is to create a positive image of the company. Thus, intending to take part in the work of the exhibition, you should pay attention to:
• on the size of the total exposure area;
• the degree of popularity of this particular exhibition;
• the theme of the exhibition and the situation in the industry as a whole;
• list of exponents of the exhibition of previous years;
• list of exhibitors who have already announced their participation;
• the time of the exhibition and your production and sales schedule;
• location of the exhibition - the more advantageous the location of the stand, the greater the probability of achieving the set goals;
• The rent price of the exhibition space;
• terms of participation in the general catalog;
• originality of the presentation and decoration of the stand, which will attract attention and be remembered by visitors;
• use of additional exhibition opportunities;
• Attracting good professionals from many areas of the modern advertising industry - designers for the stand design, company managers who can competently present the goods and services of the company, build a dialogue with potential customers, answer all their questions and conclude a bargain.
We can distinguish the following advantages of exhibitions:
• the presence of a representative of the buyer organization allows him not only to familiarize himself with the goods, but also to ask questions of interest to him and immediately discuss options for cooperation;
• Unique interactivity - promotion of goods and services, evaluation of their advantages, disadvantages and competitiveness from the point of view of the consumer;
• communication of the manufacturer (seller) with the consumer on a neutral territory for both sides, which provides the necessary psychological comfort;
• Direct contact allows you to find out about all the advantages and disadvantages of the product (service) on the spot;
• Possibility of obtaining the latest up-to-date information about the product (service), learn about the achievements of scientific and technical progress.
All the necessary information can be obtained by contacting the curator of a particular exhibition. Additionally determine the main positions and main items of expenditure. Expenditures are required: events held at the stand (lottery); type of stand (private, angular, two-story); registration of the stand; staff at the stand (own, auxiliary); advertising before the exhibition; work with the press (drafting press releases); special forms (ways) of addressing visitors (exotic characters in old costumes, professional artists, photo models, girls in uniform, etc.); refreshments at the stand; transport service; installation works and current expenses for the stand.
Exhibition events can be regional, national or international.
International exhibitions and fairs are regular events that gather a large number of participants from many countries of the world. They can be industry-wide and specialized. Recently, there has been a clear trend of transition from universal exhibitions and fairs, where exhibits of many branches of the economy are presented, to specialized ones, where exhibits of one or several related or complementary branches of the economy are exhibited. Many firms spend on fairs and exhibitions up to a quarter of all funds allocated for advertising.
Specialized exhibitions can be conditionally divided into profile and non-profile ones. Profile exhibitions are distinguished by the presence of visitors representing the target audience of the company. Participation in such exhibitions is of great importance for marketing analysis of the market and for the image of the company. They allow you to visually see, evaluate and take into account in their future work all their advantages and disadvantages.
Non-profile exhibitions are large exhibitions related to various industries and market segments. They are supported by a powerful and effective advertising campaign. They are attended by hundreds of exhibitors and tens of thousands of visitors. They require an attractive design of the exhibition stand and the active work of the company's representatives.
Exhibitions and fairs, being a fairly common means of advertising and PR campaigns and a solid base for business, nevertheless have not unlimited possibilities. In order for any tool to be effective, it must be properly used. The exhibition is one of the possible measures but intensification of sales. According to experts, the significance of participation in any particular exhibition should be assessed within the framework of a general marketing plan covering all areas of the company's activities.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay