Chapter 5. The Communicative Policy of a Retail Trade Enterprise
5.1. Marketing communications and their impact on the consumer
Increasing competition forces retailers to concentrate on creating competitive advantages of the store, its individuality; there is a need to carefully study all levers of influence on the buyer in order to attract him to his store.
Trying to create the right image of the store and attract customers, retailers are paying increasing attention to various types of marketing communications related to the impact on consumers inside and outside the store. At any time, a mood that reflects the buyer's internal state is affected by a variety of incentives in his external environment.
To attract customers in the marketing of a retail trading company, advertising communications and sales promotion are considered. These are two special and at the same time closely connected means of communication to potential and already existing buyers about goods and services, the purpose of which is to convince them to make a purchase. The interrelation of advertising and means of stimulating the sale of goods is manifested in the fact that these funds are based on the communication process. In retail, they are used together, although they differ in specific methods. Their use gives different results. The similarity and difference between advertising communications and sales promotion can be viewed both from the conceptual and from the practical point of view.
The fundamental conceptual differences between advertising communications and sales promotion are clearly characterized in the works of JR Rossiter and L. Percy, who claim that:
How to ...
Tired of looking for a solution?Get Your ESSAY Now!
- advertising communications are often defined as an indirect form of belief based on an informative or emotional description of the product's benefits. Its use is aimed at creating a favorable impression on consumers about the product and forming a desire to make a purchase;
- sales promotion is seen as a direct means of persuasion, which is often based on external incentives, rather than product-specific benefits. Measures to stimulate sales are designed to induce an immediate desire in a person to make a purchase, thanks to these measures, the goods are "advanced" faster.
In practice, managers refer to advertising and sales promotion as methods that can be used individually or combined, depending on the specific promotion campaign. Which method will prevail depends on the objectives of the enterprise.
Most often, retailers use the following advertising communications and ways to promote sales:
1) advertising in the media (on television, radio, in local and regional periodicals and, if possible, in cinemas);
2) local advertising, involving immediate response of buyers (catalogs, interactive television and the Internet, brochures);
3) coupons of retail stores that are placed in local media or delivered by direct mail;
4) local outdoor advertising (billboards, posters, indexes);
5) display of goods on shelves and in storefronts;
6) display with special prices & quot ;;
7) leaflets on store shelves;
8) holding various events in stores;
9) sponsorship at the local level;
10) own retailers retail brands.
The set of communication tools offered by the authors is by no means complete, since it does not include all elements of advertising at the place of sale, does not provide for advertising by the seller.
The development of a complex of integrated marketing communications (IMC) by the retail trade enterprise is worthwhile, which should be understood as:
1) a combination of appropriate types of advertising and incentives;
2) the correspondence of the general set of communications to the goals of the given trade enterprise;
3) the integration of methods and means of advertising and incentives, taking into account the interests and capabilities of buyers.
The whole system of marketing communications should be directed at the consumer in order to change his behavior in the interests of the retail trade enterprise.
In view of the foregoing, we can propose a set of marketing communications tools for a retail trading enterprise (Figure 5.1).
The term merchandising (merchandising) comes from the English verb merchandise - to trade, the ending -ing gives the word a new meaning: it's trading as an active communication process.
The following definitions of the term are known:
1) Merchandising - a set of events produced in the trading floor in order to promote a particular product, brand or packaging, the result of which is always to stimulate the desire of the consumer to choose and buy Promoted product;
Fig. 5.1. Marketing communications in retail
2) retailer marketing policy, promotion and sale of certain goods in the store (this definition is given in the Oxford Explanatory Business Dictionary);
Ready to make your order?Get your great paper now
3) marketing within the walls of the store;
4) marketing in a retail outlet, developing and implementing methods and technical solutions aimed at improving the supply of goods in the place where the consumer traditionally comes to make a purchase.
Price Plan & Our Features
- Free Outline
- Free Formatting
- Free Title page
- Free Reference Page
- Free Revisions
- Free Submission by Chapters
- Free Plagiarism Report
- Free Customer Service
- 1 – page abstract
- VIP Support
- Expedited delivery
- Essay outline
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay