Illegal negotiations and tactics to combat the "difficult" enemy
Clashes of opinions and interests from an early age accompanies a person on a hundred life path. Man, solving difficult and not very problematic communicative situations, often encounters so-called incorrect negotiations. Not everyone talks smoothly. Quite often, people have to deal with difficult an enemy - a liar, a rude, a tyrant, a narcissist, an aggressor, a screamer, etc. But it's not just the psychological characteristics of the opponent's personality. It is especially difficult for negotiators when the other party (due to some objective reasons) from the very beginning finds itself in a more advantageous position. For example, if it has a stronger resource base (a solid company with a well-established brand or a permanently positive image, a professionally trained staff, stable corrupt-criminal ties, power, is richer in material resources or status, has more time to solve problems, etc. .). The above advantages do not completely exhaust the entire set of communicative advantages. There can be a great many of them, so we do not have the opportunity to dwell on each of them in our work. Let's try to consider unified methods and rules for effective influence and counteraction to negative communicative methods.
There is a certain set of rules for fighting the enemy, which is stronger than you. Winning negotiations even in this situation is quite realistic. In this case, of course, the situation does not take into account when you are negotiating, for example, buying a car, having the means only for a bicycle - then try, do not try, it will not work. If you do not take into account such extremes, then in all other difficult situations there are three problems:
- how to encourage a stronger partner to consider your interests too?
- how to protect yourself from communicative pressure and excessive pressure?
- what to oppose to those requirements put forward by a stronger side?
This, of course, is not a complete list of problems. But in any case following the following seven rules can help in a difficult situation.
1. Overcome your own psychological barriers. Sometimes we are so afraid of a strong opponent that we show emotional incontinence, pathological suspicion, dogmatism of thinking. Our self-esteem falls, and we make one mistake after another. To negotiate with any opponent - and with the strong one too, it is necessary to go bravely and "with a smile on your lips," believing in your own strength. Feeling the enemy fear or insecurity in their own strengths, the stronger side will believe in the justice and legitimacy of their tactics of suppression and imposition, the irreproachability of their actions and the uncriticality of their misconduct.
2. Look for objective criteria for solving the problem, resolving the conflict. Even those who are clearly stronger than you do not necessarily behave like "tyrants-tyrants-despots": they are able to heed the voice of reason and justice, especially since compromise is always cheaper in the long run, rather than an open confrontation. It is important in time to have time to convey this idea to your stronger opponent.
3. Justify the criteria you put forward, show their relevance and objectivity both for you and for the opposite side. Develop your ability to persuade, know how to show the benefits of cooperation with you. For example, when negotiating the sale of a consignment of goods, you particularly insist on price - it is now the decisive criterion for you. Perhaps you will be met halfway if you give in to another, say, delivery time.
4. Separate the problem from the people who solve it. Be able to show that it is important for you not only to solve the matter, to solve it by the world, to maintain relations with partners.
5. Consider in advance what you will do in case of failure of negotiations. Spoon straws & quot ;, prepare the paths for retreat. In this case, you will feel more confident, you will not feel that together with the failed end of the talks, life itself ends. It continues!
6. Focus on a certain limit. Always remember to what limit you can cede. Do not go below the price, which makes the deal completely unfavorable for you. Do not give in on principled things! If the average market price of your country house is $ 5 million, you can search for buyers at $ 7.6 million, gradually reducing the price to 5, but in no case below this reasonable limit. If you are collecting money for a car, then think about how you can make this expensive purchase faster (borrow money, buy another brand, more budgetary, for example, etc.), but do not settle for the "swimmer" instead of coats - it depreciates the whole idea and all your negotiations.
1. Look for an alternative] Once and for all, the established limit can in turn become a deterrent that deprives you of success. Do not give up a flexible approach to business. If all buyers offer you for a house not the sought-after 5 million, but only 4, look for an alternative. Maybe postpone the sale for a year, but in the meantime rent a house for rent? It will be extra money. Or invest in cosmetic repairs (0.5 million), but to sell a more profitable looking house for 6 million already? Always have alternate options.
A competent negotiator must own countermeasures and against dirty negotiation techniques.1.
We are talking, for example, about receiving inflated demands, obvious fraud, psychological pressure and blackmail, methods of creating psychological discomfort, obvious and hidden threats. With scammers, the involvement of an experienced expert helps, with blackmailers - a challenge to a call or a complete refusal to negotiate, with threats and pressure - exposure and collection of your own information. It is very important to remain psychologically competent interlocutors in any pressure situations that an experienced specialist can mitigate and even turn to himself.
The negotiator must himself own tactical tricks and methods of conducting complex negotiations - this is not forbidden by the moral code of the negotiation process. Such tricks include a certain kind of bluff (ask more from the very beginning than you really expect to get, pretend that you are ready to refuse to buy goods, etc.); manipulation of the place and time of the action; the ability not only to resist threats, but sometimes to use them yourself ("If you do not raise my salary, then unfortunately I will have to change jobs - I got used to our firm, but my family circumstances today are such that ... ) and so on.2
Possession of tactics and methods of conducting negotiation process, its strategies and effective methods are necessary for a modern educated person. This applies especially to professionals in the field of communicative technologies, specialists in Public Relations, journalism, management, human resources management, anyone who wants to correctly use the opportunities of communication and present themselves to society in the most favorable light.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay