After studying the material of the chapter, the student must:
• general principles and methods of marketing planning in the enterprise;
• the content and procedure for developing a marketing plan;
be able to
• Analyze the marketing capabilities of the enterprise;
• make strategic decisions related to determining the target market, positioning, developing a marketing mix;
• develop marketing plans;
• methods for determining costs for individual marketing activities;
• specific methods of marketing control in the enterprise.
The role and tasks of marketing planning
In the special educational literature, marketing planning is considered as building a logical sequence of certain types of marketing activities, defining the organization's goals and developing plans to achieve them.
There are three basic principles of marketing planning:
• Develop plans must first of all those who then implement the plans;
• the level of competence in planning can not be lower than the level of competence with respect to the disposal of the organization's resources;
• Adaptive planning should be provided, allowing flexible response to changes in the external and internal environment of the organization. Moreover, this principle in planning, taking into account the long-term dynamics of demand, at the present stage of economic development becomes the most important, because it is necessary to release only such products, which will necessarily be in demand for buyers. An enterprise must produce only what it can sell, or produce nothing.
The content of the planning process itself, including marketing activities, depends to a large extent on the degree of centralization of planning and management.
In connection with the huge variety of organizations with their specific activities, marketing plans differ significantly in content. In addition, plans differ according to the period for which marketing activities are planned. In general, we are talking about developing strategic and tactical marketing plans. A strategic, or long-term, marketing plan is developed for three, five or more years. It describes the main factors and forces that may be influenced by the company during this period, as well as long-term goals and leading marketing strategies, indicating the resources available to the organization that will be required to implement the plans. The long-term plan usually requires an annual review and refinement. Based on the strategic develop an annual plan with a much greater degree of detail. If perspective marketing tasks are put and solved, then the marketing activity plan is included in the strategic plan of the organization.
The basis for the development of a long-term plan is an analysis of the prospects for the development of the organization, based on forecasts of changes in the external environment in which it operates. As the most significant direction of analysis is the determination of the organization's position in the competitive struggle for the markets for its products.
Tactical, or annual, plan covers plans for individual product lines, individual products, and individual markets.
Firms specializing in the production of consumer goods, usually experience seasonal fluctuations in sales. Therefore, they can develop plans for less than a year. The development of quarterly plans is also possible in connection with the fragility of life of fashionable goods.
Many manufacturing companies develop separate planning documents for each major product (a group of homogeneous products - the product line). This is especially true for consumer goods. Therefore, at the same time, there may be several separate marketing plans that can be mechanically placed in a single collection of planning documents of the organization. Significantly fewer companies are developing a single integrated marketing plan that covers all of the company's products.
Each fourth organization develops detailed situational marketing plans that are launched in response to a specific event.
The event turns into an object of situational planning in the event that it can strongly affect the activities of the organization (a new similar product of a competing company appeared on the market, the political situation has changed in the region, etc.), and if the likelihood of its implementation is high . Given that in such situations time decides if not all, then very much, the organization, in order not to get into a difficult situation, it is necessary to have a pre-designed activity plan.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay