Game Design in the Educational Process
One of the most common methods of intensive training is game design (hereinafter referred to as IP), which is widely used in studying various academic disciplines. Its goal - the process of creating or improving projects in the game mode. To implement this technology, participants are divided into groups, each of which is engaged in the development of their project. The topic for the development of the project, the trainees are mostly chosen independently.
The main difference between the method of gaming design and the project method described earlier is that here the group design is performed from the "functionally-role positions" reproduced in the gaming interaction. This predetermines a completely different view of the object under study with a point of view unusual for the participant of the training, allowing to see much more, which is a cognitive effect. The functionally-role position is conditioned by the set of goals and interests of participants in collective design, therefore the process of game design itself must include a mechanism for coordinating the various interests of participants. This is the essence of the IP process and its difference from any other decision-making process, the basis of which is the mobilization of collective experience. Game design can include projects of different types: research, search, creative, prognostic, analytical.
Specificity of PI is that it is an interactive method, i.e. all projects are developed within the framework of group game interaction, and the results of the design (ie the project itself, visualized on the sheet of the paper) are protected in the intergroup discussion, following which one can determine, first, the most elaborate and justified, secondly, the best-represented project and somehow encourage its authors. The forms of holding classes on game design can also be different, but they should be based on three points that organize cognitive and search activity:
1) a clear mechanism for determining the functional and role interests of the participants in the lesson;
2) the project development algorithm proposed by the trainee;
3) the mechanism of peer review or game test of the project, for example, public presentation, implementation of the project in real practice.
As we know, the importance of technology is determined primarily by positive effects, which are considered a learning outcome. There are several of them in game design:
- IP develops the skills of joint activities, teaches cooperation in the team, i.e. develops metacompetence;
- group work unites participants of interaction, developing a sense of not only individual, but also collective responsibility;
- work on the project allows students to develop analytical, prognostic, research and creative potential;
- in the course of project protection, presentation skills, communicative and interactive competence of trainees develop.
Thus, the participants in the interaction in the educational process get a chance to acquire really practical experience in solving specific problems and try to bring the solution to the realization in the laboratory conditions.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay