Use of suggestive psychotechnologies in advertisingSuggestion , or suggestion is the process of influencing a person's psyche, associated with a decrease in consciousness and criticality in perceiving the suggested content.
Although tough manipulation with the use of hypnosis is forbidden by advertising legislation, nevertheless some soft suggestive psychotechnologies are still used by the creators of advertising.
The methods of trance guidance include:
• Speech dynamics (softness and strength of voice, richness of intonations, pauses, high rate of speech, timbre of speech);
• Impact sound combinations;
• showing trance behavior;
• overload of consciousness (hyperstimulation);
• use of natural trance states;
• Template break;
• technique of complete uncertainty and unpredictability;
• artificial and non-existent words;
• dispersion technique;
• Perseveration - repeated repetition of information.
Using suggestion elements reduces resistance
viewer, increases the degree of his trust and increases the likelihood of advertising.
The factors that enhance the effect of suggestion include:
• visibility, accessibility and consistency of information;
• authority of the suggestor; a more authoritative communicator has great opportunities for suggestion;
• Correspondence of information to the needs and interests of the suggested person
• level of susceptibility to suggestion (it is individual for each person);
• willingness to experience and influence obedience to him;
• The parameters of the situation (for example, a relaxed state in the evening after a working day, a state of falling asleep or motivation, eating situations and some others).
Other methods of influencing the subconsciousness of the recipient include the following.
1. Subthreshold effect - the supply of stimuli, the intensity of which is below the threshold of perception. Such stimuli are not perceived at the level of consciousness, nevertheless the subconscious receives certain information. An example of such an impact is the known method of the "25th frame". However, it is proven that the 25th frame you can increase the storage of the displayed object, but it is impossible to influence the viewer's behavior (Lebedev-Lyubimov, 2003).
2. Use of psychoanalytic methods (for example, actualization of sexual needs or childhood experiences). Often in advertising, the fear of death is actualized, which causes strong feelings for the viewer. To the psychoanalytic methods of influence is also the actualization of archetypes (for example, the archetype of the "hero").
3. Use of NLP methods - neurolinguistic programming. These methods include:
• Attachment with orientation to all representative systems;
• The double impact of the word (the emotional component is good);
• use of meta-programs and meta-models - habitual strategies of thinking: possibilities-actions; aspirations to - from & quot ;;
• reframing - changing the context, the way of interpreting the event;
• anchoring - the formation of conditioned reflexes that change the psychological structure of the personality.
The general principles of using subliminal (ie, unconscious) methods in advertising:
• Good advertising is built on a meaningful appeal to the audience;
• Subthreshold methods complement advertising, but are not its basis;
• the intensity of the subthreshold effect depends on the probabilistic degree of impulsivity of the actions of the potential viewer: the higher it is, the more active the subliminal methods can be used;
• The subliminal component can be strengthened as the product or organization becomes more recognizable.
Most of the above methods of influence are based on manipulation - the hidden use of weaknesses and mental automatisms of another person. The use of manipulation, however, can be dangerous both for the victim of manipulation and for the manipulator itself, as it leads to deformation of the personality of both (Dotsenko, 1997).
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay