Normative provision of social services for the population
Special attention should be paid to the consideration of the principles of social services - the foundations on which the social service organization is based.
Social services are based on the following principles:
1) equal, free access of citizens to social services regardless of their gender, race, age, nationality, language, origin, residence, attitude to religion, beliefs and membership in public associations;
2) targeting the provision of social services;3) the proximity of social service providers to the place of residence of recipients of social services, the sufficiency of the number of providers of social services to meet the needs of citizens for social services, the sufficiency of financial, logistical, personnel and information resources from social service providers;
4) maintaining the citizen's stay in a familiar favorable environment (and this explains the attention that is paid to the development of stationary substitution technologies in the "road map");
When receiving services, citizens are entitled to:
1) for a respectful and humane attitude;
2) Obtaining information about their rights and obligations, types of social services, terms, procedure and terms of their provision, information on tariffs for these services and their cost to the recipient of social services, free of charge, on the availability of these services free of charge , as well as on providers of social services;
3) choosing a provider or social service providers;
4) refusal to provide social services;
5) protection of their rights and legitimate interests in accordance with the legislation of the United States;
6) participation in the compilation of individual programs;
7) provision of conditions for staying in social service organizations that meet sanitary and hygienic requirements, as well as for proper care;
8) free visit by legal representatives, lawyers, notaries, representatives of public and (or) other organizations, clergymen, as well as relatives and other persons during the day and evening;
9) social support.
Social institutions ensure the accessibility of the service, implementing measures to remove the restrictions of the territorial, transport, personnel and temporary nature. Everyone should have access to the administration of the institution, a specialist, a group of specialists.
One of the fundamental requirements is the information openness of social service providers.
Social service providers form public information resources that contain information about their activities, and provide access to these resources by placing them on information stands, in the media, on the Internet.
To the beneficiaries, all interested citizens should be provided with vital information that will help them make a choice when applying for social services. The information is posted:
- on the form of social services, types of social services, the procedure and conditions for their provision, on tariffs for social services;
- on the logistics of the provision of social services (the availability of equipped facilities for the provision of social services, including libraries, sports facilities, the availability of training and education facilities, food and health services for recipients of social services, access to information systems in social services and the Internet);
- the number of free places for receiving recipients of social services by forms of social services financed by budgetary allocations of the budgets of US subjects, as well as paid for in accordance with contracts at the expense of individuals and (or) legal entities;
- on the volume of social services provided through budget allocations to the budgets of US entities and in accordance with contracts at the expense of individuals and (or) legal entities;
- on the availability of licenses to carry out activities subject to licensing in accordance with the legislation of the United States;
- on the rules of internal regulations for recipients of social services, internal labor regulations, collective agreements, etc.
The principle of voluntariness means that social services are carried out on the basis of voluntary treatment of a citizen, his guardian or other legal representative, public authority for social assistance.
Thus, consent to social services for persons under the age of 14 years and persons recognized as legally incapacitated by law is provided by their legal representatives after receiving the necessary information relating to social services. In case of temporary absence of legal representatives, the decision on consent is taken by the guardianship and trusteeship bodies. If a citizen is sent to a social institution, he or his legal representative must be previously acquainted with the conditions of residence or stay in the indicated institution and with the types of social services provided to them.
The placement of citizens in an in-patient institution is carried out on the basis of their personal written application and is confirmed by their signature, and persons who have not attained the age of 14 years and persons recognized as legally incompetent legally incompetent - on the basis of a written application of their legal representatives.>
The principle of humanity - is one of the basic principles of social work that underlies the activities of its subjects.
Humanism is a world view, acting as a social ideal, which is based on the recognition of inalienable human rights, including the right to a decent, full life for everyone without discrimination on any basis. From the point of view of humanistic ideology, a person is presented as the highest value, which implies faith in the creative potential of the individual, in his ability to overcome obstacles to a full-fledged social functioning.The principle of confidentiality of information about the recipient of social services means that the disclosure of information classified by US law to confidential information or official information about recipients of social services by persons who this information became known in connection with the performance of professional and official duties.
Employees of social service institutions who are guilty of divulging professional secrets carry administrative, civil or criminal responsibility in the manner prescribed by US law.
One of the most important legal regulators that determine the performance of social services is the standards .
The wording of the federal law reads: "The standard of social service - the basic requirements for the volume, periodicity and quality of the provision of social services to the recipient of social services, established by types of social services."
It is further stated that the standard is mandatory included in the procedure for the provision of social services by forms of services and types of social services. The standard of social services includes:
1) a description of the social service, including its scope;
2) the timing of the provision of social services;
3) per capita standard for financing social services;
4) Quality indicators and evaluation of the results of the provision of social services;
5) the conditions for the provision of social services, including the conditions for the availability of social services for the disabled and other persons, taking into account the limitations of their life;
6) other provisions necessary for the provision of social services.
From the above definition and structure it follows that the state standards of social services take their place in the standardization system, which includes the national standards of social services (that is, the standards of social services developed by federal public authorities as certain framework documents, sample models for regions), state standards of social services of US subjects and documents defining the requirements to the quality of services of each institution (service passport, technology Kaya map services, etc..).
Standardization of social services is designed to create conditions for improving the quality of social services provided, compared with the benchmark.
State standards of social services or social services provide more effective protection of citizens' interests in terms of the volume and quality of social services provided and create conditions for the development of social services based on the latest achievements in science and practice.
State standards within their powers are developed by executive bodies implementing state policy in the sphere of social services for the population. State standards can not worsen the situation of citizens who are recipients of social services, in comparison with national standards.
It should be emphasized that the observance and implementation of the rights and freedoms of citizens require a clear organization of the work of social services, high personal qualities of each social worker, is his civil, professional duty. However, only a legally competent specialist in social work can be a reliable assistant to a person in defending his rights and legitimate interests. With all the diversity of approaches to the management of social services, they should be based on normative legal acts that ensure the lawfulness of decision-making, the coherence of actions of all parts of the social service system, and hence its order and organization. Violation of legal norms leads to a mismatch of the organizational mechanism and an increase in the resource costs necessary to obtain the planned results.
Currently, a major modernization of the legislative bases of social policy in general, social services in particular. It is necessary to organize a transition from the provision of social services on the basis of the ownership of recipients to preferential categories to provide services on the basis of assessing the individual needs of citizens in social services. The definitions of the basic concepts and mechanisms of the organization of social services are also being revised. This makes the task of studying the normative and legal bases of social work even more important for experts working in organizations providing social services.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay