Social worker's duty and responsibility to the clientAs already mentioned, social work is a multifaceted activity of various social institutions aimed at providing the necessary social support to the client, increasing his self-control level, developing the ability to solve problems independently, thanks to which it is possible to preserve or restore self-esteem. Despite the fact that social work unfolds about the problems of clients, the realization of a moral obligation to clients presupposes the presence of the primary moral grounds that contribute to its formation. Their role is fulfilled by the duty and responsibility of the social worker to society and the state, profession, colleagues.
The code defines the client's interests as primary in social work. Social work involves the interaction of a social worker with the environment in which the client lives. It is impossible to treat a client outside his social environment.
If we talk about the professional component of the social worker in relation to the client, it consists in the following: the social worker should serve the client faithfully, loyally, applying the maximum of professional knowledge, competence and skills. Moral values should not remain an ideal model, a good wish. They should be implemented in specific cases of the social worker.
The ethical obligations that a social worker owes to clients are formulated in the code in the form of either an absolute prohibition, or a prohibition permitting its violation, or regulations that must be followed. The norms of absolute prohibition confirm the impossibility under any circumstances of their violation. This concerns first of all the consideration of relations with clients as disinterested by the social worker: you can never use relationships with clients for personal purposes.
The role of absolute prohibition is also fulfilled by the following norms:
• the inadmissibility of discrimination against clients on any grounds (nationality, religion, political orientation, marital status, age, mental and physical disabilities, etc.) and combating it;
• The social worker should avoid those relationships that are detrimental to clients (with members of the client's closest environment, etc.);
• you can not under any circumstances have sexual relations with the client.
The norms of prohibition, which in exceptional circumstances may be violated, are confidentiality and non-participation in actions that defile and reduce the civil and legal rights of citizens. We have already discussed the principle of confidentiality above, now we will consider how to interpret the provision of the code stating that a social worker can participate in those actions that reduce the civil and legal rights of citizens.
Coercion (restricting clients in civil or legal rights) can not be considered a good tool in social work. However, in some cases, when it is applied to subjects whose behavior is dangerous for young children, etc., coercion must also be used: coercion can be resorted to in solving problems of one of the parties by infringing the interests of the other party only after a thorough weighing of the claims conflicting parties. This may lead to the need to deprive the client of the legal capacity for the state of his health, or in cases when the client commits unlawful acts, does not fulfill his parental responsibilities, etc.
So, social workers need to minimize the use of legal coercion in resolving customer issues. Certain relativism in evaluating goals and means, as you can see, is not arbitrary and not limitless, it has its limits.
To the third group of norms regulating the relationship of a social worker to clients, it is possible to classify norms-instructions as presenting requirements that are the basis of professional activity. In this series the central place is occupied by the demand, in which it finds expression of the essence of social work, namely:
• The social worker should, as his strategic task, "ensure the subjective position of the client himself";
• Respect the dignity of the client's personality;
• have a clear program of assistance activities, notifying the client of his rights, responsibility, risk;
• the social worker should, when difficulties arise in the work, resorting to consultations, take into account the advice of colleagues;
• The social worker must complete a professional relationship with the client when they do not serve the interests of the client without taking valuable gifts from him.
• Responsibility as a category of ethics characterizes a person from the point of view of fulfilling her moral requirements, the correspondence of her moral activity to a moral duty, viewed from the standpoint of a person's possibilities.
• When deciding on the question of moral responsibility, it is necessary to consider whether a person is able to perform before
written to him moral obligations, whether he understood them correctly, whether he should be responsible for the consequences of his actions, which are influenced by external circumstances, whether a person can foresee these consequences.
• If the duty of a social worker is to realize, apply to the specific situation in which he is, and practically fulfill the moral requirements, then the question of the extent to which this task is being carried out or to what extent a person is guilty of failing to fulfill it - this is a question of the personal responsibility of a specialist.
• In the debt category, the social character of the social worker's activity and the normative nature of professional ethics are most clearly manifested. Specificity of the debt of a social worker stems from the content of his profession and is determined by the fact that he is engaged in specific specific social activities to solve the problems of society, social groups and individuals.
Also We Can Offer!
- Argumentative essay
- Best college essays
- Buy custom essays online
- Buy essay online
- Cheap essay
- Cheap essay writing service
- Cheap writing service
- College essay
- College essay introduction
- College essay writing service
- Compare and contrast essay
- Custom essay
- Custom essay writing service
- Custom essays writing services
- Death penalty essay
- Do my essay
- Essay about love
- Essay about yourself
- Essay help
- Essay writing help
- Essay writing service reviews
- Essays online
- Fast food essay
- George orwell essays
- Human rights essay
- Narrative essay
- Pay to write essay
- Personal essay for college
- Personal narrative essay
- Persuasive writing
- Write my essay
- Write my essay for me cheap
- Writing a scholarship essay